View Poll Results: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoyed watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

    277 63.39%
  • I did not enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

    160 36.61%
  1. #1081
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

    And I want mostly space Mohawk punching. If I wanted to watch Top Gun. I’d watch Top Gun. I want captain marvel. Space punching and lasers please!
    The airforce is gonna be a big part of the movie. Its her humanity. And just like military had a big focus in Cap America's origin movie this one will have a big focus on her airforce days to keep it "grounded" and she is a pilot after all
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  2. #1082
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Okay, then do you mind if I reported everyone who derails the thread? For example, Endus just made a post about other villains in other movies. Is that cool? Since I clearly don't know what your standards are.
    If you see someone attempt to derail the thread you or anyone else is more than welcome to report it. But I do actually read the posts and it is quite obvious when someone is on topic and when someone isn't.

    The better part of 20+ pages have been spent on the same argument being repeated over and over ad nauseum. None of which was actually discussing the movie, the character, or trailers.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-27 at 08:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    This is best comparable to fighting fire with a blowtorch to your own face.

  3. #1083
    Didn't get any excitement from the trailers so going to pass on this. I just really hope that Captain Marvel doesn't save the day in Endgame because it would really blow that some new random no name hero just swoops in and defeats Thanos alone.

  4. #1084
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I think they just chose a questionable cover looking at the actual comic or even the alt covers they look alot better if not quite in a style i like.







    id say the in issue art is better then any of the covers though.

    Fuck that was painful to read.

  5. #1085
    Quote Originally Posted by masticator View Post
    Didn't get any excitement from the trailers so going to pass on this. I just really hope that Captain Marvel doesn't save the day in Endgame because it would really blow that some new random no name hero just swoops in and defeats Thanos alone.
    I know nothing of the comics but I would expect Captain Marvel to have the level of involvement in End Game as Wakanda/Black Panther in Infinity War, if not more.

  6. #1086
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Who cares, we finally get a Skrull movie and everyone is crying because shes a SJW?

    Separate the art from the artist people. . . you will live a better life.
    Ask yourself this question: Are you seriously going to skip the first Skrull movie? If you say yes, you're no marvel fan.
    I have never particularly liked the Skrull's. Apparently that means I'm not a fan of Marvel? You do understand that is a stupid opinion to have right? The Marvel Universe is rather big and very few people are going to like every single aspect of it, and just because someone doesn't like one thing out of many possible things to like doesn't mean they are not a fan just because they don't like something that you happen to like.

  7. #1087
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    If you see someone attempt to derail the thread you or anyone else is more than welcome to report it. But I do actually read the posts and it is quite obvious when someone is on topic and when someone isn't.

    The better part of 20+ pages have been spent on the same argument being repeated over and over ad nauseum. None of which was actually discussing the movie, the character, or trailers.
    Yeah, just went through the last several pages and people have branched off to talk about 2 topics that are different then the OT. One includes the general discussion of marvel and DC comics/movies(with very little to NO MENTION OF THIS MOVIE) and the other talks about the politics of THIS MOVIE. Yet, you are only concerned about the politics part and not the other discussion that's clearly a derailment of the discussion.
    Last edited by urasim; 2019-02-27 at 09:07 PM.

  8. #1088
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    I know nothing of the comics but I would expect Captain Marvel to have the level of involvement in End Game as Wakanda/Black Panther in Infinity War, if not more.
    Personally, I would hope she has less involvement than Wakanda/Black Panther did in Infinity War. They had more build up than Captain Marvel is going to have with a single movie a couple months before End Game, and Black Panther didn't overshadow or distract from the existing characters whereas Captain Marvel seems to have the potential to do what masticator is worried about.

  9. #1089
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Fuck that was painful to read.
    With what little text there is I don’t see a problem, what’s wrong with it?

  10. #1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    With what little text there is I don’t see a problem, what’s wrong with it?
    It does kind of disappoint me that comics are still at the "oh boy XYZ" level of writing though :/ There's not a lot but what little is there isn't what I'd call great

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Personally, I would hope she has less involvement than Wakanda/Black Panther did in Infinity War. They had more build up than Captain Marvel is going to have with a single movie a couple months before End Game, and Black Panther didn't overshadow or distract from the existing characters whereas Captain Marvel seems to have the potential to do what masticator is worried about.
    Is it weird that the best part of the trailer for me is that we'll get some Nick Fury development ? :P

  11. #1091
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It does kind of disappoint me that comics are still at the "oh boy XYZ" level of writing though :/ There's not a lot but what little is there isn't what I'd call grea
    If I had to guess I’d say it’s because this is her first issue so there isn’t much going on yet, but I also haven’t actually read the issue just grabbed a good body shot. The big wig hero’s tend to got more going on so they have a higher tier of writing, though I’d say some of the newer have some really well written stuff like say the new runaways run.

    Hopefully talking about marvel still counts as on topic.

  12. #1092
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If I had to guess I’d say it’s because this is her first issue so there isn’t much going on yet, but I also haven’t actually read the issue just grabbed a good body shot. The big wig hero’s tend to got more going on so they have a higher tier of writing, though I’d say some of the newer have some really well written stuff like say the new runaways run.

    Hopefully talking about marvel still counts as on topic.
    Honestly, this thread is specifically about Captain Marvel. A Marvel thread exists already. Its really not that hard to grasp.

    Captain Marvel discussion here.
    Marvel discussion there.

    Simple.

  13. #1093
    The Insane Boomzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    16,556
    I still hope it's good, there was a lot of speculation about um, off topic "isms" before wonder woman came out as well but that turned out to be fantastic, so I'm just going to wait until I see it. Granted I already thought Wonder Woman was cool before, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

  14. #1094
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I still hope it's good, there was a lot of speculation about um, off topic "isms" before wonder woman came out as well but that turned out to be fantastic, so I'm just going to wait until I see it. Granted I already thought Wonder Woman was cool before, but still.
    People really need to learn to separate politics from their entertainment. Who cares about who said what.

    I am going to see Captain Marvel because I like the Marvel Universe and I love movies. While I am enjoying the movie, im not going to sit there and be like "FOOK THIS FEMINIMIST BITCH!!!". Anyone who goes to a movie and sits there mad about stuff like that need to seek help.

  15. #1095
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Honestly, this thread is specifically about Captain Marvel. A Marvel thread exists already. Its really not that hard to grasp.

    Captain Marvel discussion here.
    Marvel discussion there.

    Simple.
    Yes god forbid people have a branching discussion. Not like a forum is meant for it or anything. Let's enforce strict topic guidelines rather than allowing organic discussion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    People really need to learn to separate politics from their entertainment. Who cares about who said what.

    I am going to see Captain Marvel because I like the Marvel Universe and I love movies. While I am enjoying the movie, im not going to sit there and be like "FOOK THIS FEMINIMIST BITCH!!!". Anyone who goes to a movie and sits there mad about stuff like that need to seek help.
    That's exactly what people want though separate politics from entertainment. But when something reeks of politics everyone supposed to ignore the agenda?

  16. #1096
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yes god forbid people have a branching discussion. Not like a forum is meant for it or anything. Let's enforce strict topic guidelines rather than allowing organic discussion.
    MMO-Champ is about as loose as I've seen forums. They have to get strict when it goes from discussion to debate to insults. If people would discuss things in a constructive manner, there would be no issues. That isn't the case here and its never the case with political charged discussions. This is a thread about captain marvel, not what X or Y said at a damned media tour/conference.

  17. #1097
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This is about Captain Marvel the movie NOT about what the actress, herself, has said behind the scenes.
    Nobody cares about Captain Marvel, all the crap outside the movie is the only thing of any interest. CM wasn't a popular character in comics, with umpteen reiterations and reboots. She started way back in the 70s as a sex symbol to eventually become a crew cut muscular lesbian. This film would have struggled even if they had a descent actress who actually liked Marvel fans, but they went with Brie Larson.

    As I said earlier, CM isn't well known outside the US, and those who do know the character don't like her or are ambivalent. The only reason this cowpat of a movie will make any money at all is because it will be carried by the Avengers tie in.

  18. #1098
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    If you see someone attempt to derail the thread you or anyone else is more than welcome to report it. But I do actually read the posts and it is quite obvious when someone is on topic and when someone isn't.

    The better part of 20+ pages have been spent on the same argument being repeated over and over ad nauseum. None of which was actually discussing the movie, the character, or trailers.
    I think most of the problem are replies, but it might help to modify the first post.

    Or just let this thread go nuts, then lock it on movie release and police the next one from the start.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

  19. #1099
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yes god forbid people have a branching discussion. Not like a forum is meant for it or anything. Let's enforce strict topic guidelines rather than allowing organic discussion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's exactly what people want though separate politics from entertainment. But when something reeks of politics everyone supposed to ignore the agenda?
    You don't ignore the agenda. You go here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/359-Politics , to the MMO-Champ politics and create a thread to bicker and argue about it and let the people wanting to discuss the actual movie , actually talk about the movie instead of cluttering up the thread with the political aspects.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2019-02-27 at 09:56 PM.

  20. #1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Nobody cares about Captain Marvel, all the crap outside the movie is the only thing of any interest. CM wasn't a popular character in comics, with umpteen reiterations and reboots. She started way back in the 70s as a sex symbol to eventually become a crew cut muscular lesbian. This film would have struggled even if they had a descent actress who actually liked Marvel fans, but they went with Brie Larson.

    As I said earlier, CM isn't well known outside the US, and those who do know the character don't like her or are ambivalent. The only reason this cowpat of a movie will make any money at all is because it will be carried by the Avengers tie in.
    Do you think all the MCU characters are as popular as their comicbook counterparts were before their movies existed? If so, that's absurd.

    Maybe CM will flop, maybe not. This time last year, I thought Black Panther was going to be a mediocre movie with a generic villain. Then I saw it, and was blown away by a villain who has sympathetic motives. He wants vengeance for the racism inflicted on his race, and the ignorance of the Wakandans.

    Give it a chance, then judge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •