Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 50 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    If you see someone attempt to derail the thread you or anyone else is more than welcome to report it. But I do actually read the posts and it is quite obvious when someone is on topic and when someone isn't.

The better part of 20+ pages have been spent on the same argument being repeated over and over ad nauseum. None of which was actually discussing the movie, the character, or trailers.
    Yeah, just went through the last several pages and people have branched off to talk about 2 topics that are different then the OT. One includes the general discussion of marvel and DC comics/movies(with very little to NO MENTION OF THIS MOVIE) and the other talks about the politics of THIS MOVIE. Yet, you are only concerned about the politics part and not the other discussion that's clearly a derailment of the discussion.
    Last edited by urasim; 2019-02-27 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    I know nothing of the comics but I would expect Captain Marvel to have the level of involvement in End Game as Wakanda/Black Panther in Infinity War, if not more.
    Personally, I would hope she has less involvement than Wakanda/Black Panther did in Infinity War. They had more build up than Captain Marvel is going to have with a single movie a couple months before End Game, and Black Panther didn't overshadow or distract from the existing characters whereas Captain Marvel seems to have the potential to do what masticator is worried about.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Fuck that was painful to read.
    With what little text there is I don’t see a problem, what’s wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    With what little text there is I don’t see a problem, what’s wrong with it?
    It does kind of disappoint me that comics are still at the "oh boy XYZ" level of writing though :/ There's not a lot but what little is there isn't what I'd call great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Personally, I would hope she has less involvement than Wakanda/Black Panther did in Infinity War. They had more build up than Captain Marvel is going to have with a single movie a couple months before End Game, and Black Panther didn't overshadow or distract from the existing characters whereas Captain Marvel seems to have the potential to do what masticator is worried about.
    Is it weird that the best part of the trailer for me is that we'll get some Nick Fury development ? :P

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It does kind of disappoint me that comics are still at the "oh boy XYZ" level of writing though :/ There's not a lot but what little is there isn't what I'd call grea
    If I had to guess I’d say it’s because this is her first issue so there isn’t much going on yet, but I also haven’t actually read the issue just grabbed a good body shot. The big wig hero’s tend to got more going on so they have a higher tier of writing, though I’d say some of the newer have some really well written stuff like say the new runaways run.

Hopefully talking about marvel still counts as on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If I had to guess I’d say it’s because this is her first issue so there isn’t much going on yet, but I also haven’t actually read the issue just grabbed a good body shot. The big wig hero’s tend to got more going on so they have a higher tier of writing, though I’d say some of the newer have some really well written stuff like say the new runaways run.

Hopefully talking about marvel still counts as on topic.
    Honestly, this thread is specifically about Captain Marvel. A Marvel thread exists already. Its really not that hard to grasp.

Captain Marvel discussion here.
    Marvel discussion there.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I still hope it's good, there was a lot of speculation about um, off topic "isms" before wonder woman came out as well but that turned out to be fantastic, so I'm just going to wait until I see it. Granted I already thought Wonder Woman was cool before, but still.
    People really need to learn to separate politics from their entertainment. Who cares about who said what.

I am going to see Captain Marvel because I like the Marvel Universe and I love movies. While I am enjoying the movie, im not going to sit there and be like "FOOK THIS FEMINIMIST BITCH!!!". Anyone who goes to a movie and sits there mad about stuff like that need to seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Honestly, this thread is specifically about Captain Marvel. A Marvel thread exists already. Its really not that hard to grasp.

Captain Marvel discussion here.
    Marvel discussion there.

Simple.
    Yes god forbid people have a branching discussion. Not like a forum is meant for it or anything. Let's enforce strict topic guidelines rather than allowing organic discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    People really need to learn to separate politics from their entertainment. Who cares about who said what.

I am going to see Captain Marvel because I like the Marvel Universe and I love movies. While I am enjoying the movie, im not going to sit there and be like "FOOK THIS FEMINIMIST BITCH!!!". Anyone who goes to a movie and sits there mad about stuff like that need to seek help.
    That's exactly what people want though separate politics from entertainment. But when something reeks of politics everyone supposed to ignore the agenda?

Yes god forbid people have a branching discussion. Not like a forum is meant for it or anything. Let's enforce strict topic guidelines rather than allowing organic discussion.
    MMO-Champ is about as loose as I've seen forums. They have to get strict when it goes from discussion to debate to insults. If people would discuss things in a constructive manner, there would be no issues. That isn't the case here and its never the case with political charged discussions. This is a thread about captain marvel, not what X or Y said at a damned media tour/conference.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This is about Captain Marvel the movie NOT about what the actress, herself, has said behind the scenes.
    Nobody cares about Captain Marvel, all the crap outside the movie is the only thing of any interest. CM wasn't a popular character in comics, with umpteen reiterations and reboots. She started way back in the 70s as a sex symbol to eventually become a crew cut muscular lesbian. This film would have struggled even if they had a descent actress who actually liked Marvel fans, but they went with Brie Larson.

As I said earlier, CM isn't well known outside the US, and those who do know the character don't like her or are ambivalent. The only reason this cowpat of a movie will make any money at all is because it will be carried by the Avengers tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    If you see someone attempt to derail the thread you or anyone else is more than welcome to report it. But I do actually read the posts and it is quite obvious when someone is on topic and when someone isn't.

The better part of 20+ pages have been spent on the same argument being repeated over and over ad nauseum. None of which was actually discussing the movie, the character, or trailers.
    I think most of the problem are replies, but it might help to modify the first post.

Or just let this thread go nuts, then lock it on movie release and police the next one from the start.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what people want though separate politics from entertainment. But when something reeks of politics everyone supposed to ignore the agenda?
    You don't ignore the agenda. You go here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/359-Politics , to the MMO-Champ politics and create a thread to bicker and argue about it and let the people wanting to discuss the actual movie , actually talk about the movie instead of cluttering up the thread with the political aspects.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2019-02-27 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Nobody cares about Captain Marvel, all the crap outside the movie is the only thing of any interest. CM wasn't a popular character in comics, with umpteen reiterations and reboots. She started way back in the 70s as a sex symbol to eventually become a crew cut muscular lesbian. This film would have struggled even if they had a descent actress who actually liked Marvel fans, but they went with Brie Larson.

As I said earlier, CM isn't well known outside the US, and those who do know the character don't like her or are ambivalent. The only reason this cowpat of a movie will make any money at all is because it will be carried by the Avengers tie in.
    Do you think all the MCU characters are as popular as their comicbook counterparts were before their movies existed? If so, that's absurd.

Maybe CM will flop, maybe not. This time last year, I thought Black Panther was going to be a mediocre movie with a generic villain. Then I saw it, and was blown away by a villain who has sympathetic motives. He wants vengeance for the racism inflicted on his race, and the ignorance of the Wakandans.

Give it a chance, then judge.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

One thing that really concerns me is the possibility that CM is the one that ends Thanos. It would be such a damn let down of an ending for the MCU storyline that at the last minute what appears to be a half-baked Feminist fantasy Mary Sue introduced at the last possible minute is the lynchpin to the whole story. Like what a kick in the gut and I highly suspect that is the point of the CM movie, to prepare us for this character being the keystone to the story.

As an anime fan I am reminded of Darling in the Franxx, a great set up, great characters, lovable anime until the very last bit where the story went off the rails. Captain Marvel gives me those vibes, they they are about to just end a multiyear plot thread across many movies by having some half baked butch lesbian mary sue punch the patriarc.... I mean Thanos to death and save everyone and the end is "THE FUTURE IS FEMALE GUYS!!!" and roll credits. Then we will get like five or so movies that make Blizzards Void Elf idea seem well thought out and deeply rich in lore and that will be the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

well that's not a good way to promote your upcoming movie. im gonna pass on paying to see it and wait for some reviews untill i decide to pirate it or not. such diference in class between gal gadot and brie larson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    One thing that really concerns me is the possibility that CM is the one that ends Thanos. It would be such a damn let down of an ending for the MCU storyline that at the last minute what appears to be a half-baked Feminist fantasy Mary Sue introduced at the last possible minute is the lynchpin to the whole story. Like what a kick in the gut and I highly suspect that is the point of the CM movie, to prepare us for this character being the keystone to the story.

As an anime fan I am reminded of Darling in the Franxx, a great set up, great characters, lovable anime until the very last bit where the story went off the rails. Captain Marvel gives me those vibes, they they are about to just end a multiyear plot thread across many movies by having some half baked butch lesbian mary sue punch the patriarc.... I mean Thanos to death and save everyone and the end is "THE FUTURE IS FEMALE GUYS!!!" and roll credits. Then we will get like five or so movies that make Blizzards Void Elf idea seem well thought out and deeply rich in lore and that will be the end of it.
    void elves best elves. stop being jelly! *offers a cookie with a little touch of the void*
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Do you think all the MCU characters are as popular as their comicbook counterparts were before their movies existed? If so, that's absurd.

Maybe CM will flop, maybe not. This time last year, I thought Black Panther was going to be a mediocre movie with a generic villain. Then I saw it, and was blown away by a villain who has sympathetic motives. He wants vengeance for the racism inflicted on his race, and the ignorance of the Wakandans.

Give it a chance, then judge.
    Of course they are not, Avengers are always carried by Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Cap America. Black Panther was an anomaly, more of an sjw event than an actual,film. Why would I bother giving a film a chance when the titular character is one I don't like? Avengers Endgame will be the last Avengers movie worth watching, and I suspect they will have CM come in at get the glory kill on Thanos which will ruin it.

An Avengers franchise led by Captain Marvel and full of middling characters outside of Spiderman? I don't think so, look for an XMen tie in once the Avengers franchise falls off a cliff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    void elves best elves. stop being jelly! *offers a cookie with a little touch of the void*
    Aesthetically? Yes. Lore wise? Ehhhhh
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The amazing thing is they are determined to push the franchise in a woke direction, whether the fans want it or not. All well and good until it affects ticket sales and the Disney board goes apeshit and demands fan appeasement (re Star Wars). Captain Marvel consistently failed in comics, regardless of how many times they rebooted her or pushed her leftward. To give her a film and to have her be the front of the franchise is mind boggling.

If they desperately wanted a female led Marvel film they should have gone with Black Widow, a fascinating character who has gone through 7 levels of hell to become what she is. Not some Mary Sue butch Superman rip off who probably refuses to shave her armpits because patriarchy.
    Last edited by Torto; 2019-02-27 at 10:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The amazing thing is they are determined to push the franchise in a woke direction, whether the fans want it or not. All well and good until it affects ticket sales and the Disney board goes apeshit and demands fan appeasement (re Star Wars). Captain America consistently failed in comics, regardless of how many times they rebooted her or pushed her leftward. To give her a film and to have her be the front of the franchise is mind boggling.

If they desperately wanted a female led Marvel film they should have gone with Black Widow, a fascinating character who has gone through 7 levels of hell to become what she is. Not some Mary Sue butch Superman rip off who probably refuses to shave her armpits because patriarchy.
    The fact that they didn't pick Black Widow is kind of mind-boggling. She is a character we've known since about the start. We love this character, she has a lot of depth and unexplored aspects. And if they wanted a "WHAMENS RULE, WHAMEN KICK BUTT, WHAMEN SAVES US!" film, Black Widow too me was the obvious choice.

The fact that they didn't pick Black Widow is kind of mind-boggling. She is a character we've known since about the start. We love this character, she has a lot of depth and unexplored aspects. And if they wanted a "WHAMENS RULE, WHAMEN KICK BUTT, WHAMEN SAVES US!" film, Black Widow too me was the obvious choice.
    We saw a glimpse of her back story in Avengers Ultron movie, where she was 'de-sexed' by the Russian KGB (I think) and dehumanized into a cold killing machine, not unlike Nikita. When I saw it I just wanted more of it, it was compelling. Worthy of a movie on its own. Did you see Alita Battle Angel? I watched the manga series many years ago but I'm yet to see the new film.