Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    If you liked the Spawn comics, you have to watch it tonight.
    It was pretty good for its time. Extra points for having the intro tune done by Orbital and Kirk Hemmet from Metallica. Really needs another movie imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    From the trailer. It may be short, but how she speaks to people, looks at them, carries herself, etc. I’ll watch the movie regardless because I really like Marvel movies, but I’m just not liking the trailer so far and I’m really not thrilled that they chose Brie Larson to play the hero. I just don’t think she fits the character.
    Well shes a huge bitch in the comics so it kind of fits... I was hoping they wouldn't try to be comics accurate here.

The Blockbuster and Granny punch is really the only thing great about the trailer. The rest of it was just ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I just looked up the trailer, I might have to give it a bash
    Like everyone else is saying, the CGI is def 90s, but its still close to the source.

I like what I saw, because we don;t seem to get just a new cool super hero(ine) who is ubber badass and yadda yadda but also a story behind her that might not be as pretty. Marvel took it to extreme with supervisual effects and I hope they won't lose the stories to that. Sometimes less is better and recent movies were packed with monumental visuals.

Black Panther was relatively obscure for non comic book fans and look how well that did.

- - - Updated - - -

We all knew this comment had to arrive, thanks for being the generic keyboard warrior who hates women of this thread
    Ah yea the wrath of the sjw never gets old
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well shes a huge bitch in the comics so it kind of fits... I was hoping they wouldn't try to be comics accurate here.
    But she’s such a great person in the comics like that time she threatened to put tony back into a coma because of a joke after civil war 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He wasn’t lucky and he didn’t crash. His father picked Earth specifically because of its yellow sun.
    Not sure what this comment is supposed to add to the argument surrounding Superman's relatability.

I'm just gnna assume you couldn't contain your inner nitpick and it came out.

Why is she called captain marvel tho? Wouldnt lazerlady be better?
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The real question is what do you think of her charisma because it seems like she's expected to be the new Robert Downy Jr. of the MCU going forward, the cohesive element that interconnects a lot of the films as well as replacing Cap as the Avengers leader.
    Well, they're gnna have to actually develop her characters over several movies for that. If they don't, it might be the MCU's first major mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    God I hope it turns out better than Wonder Woman...
    DC and Marvel don't need to be competing against eachother.
    You can enjoy both movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Why is she called captain marvel tho? Wouldnt lazerlady be better?
    She named herself after Mar-vell, the Kree scientist she was in an accident with that mingled their DNA.

It was correcting a major inaccuracy. And his relatable features are the emotional ones. Sorry you can’t seem to grasp that.
    Thanks Jesus, I'll be sure to correctly spread the word of the Lord next time.

Yeah, they are, which is exactly what I argued in the post you quoted. Sorry you can't seem to grasp that.

Quote Originally Posted by TechSavy View Post
    in the comics, not in the mcu.
    At the end of GotG they literally have a sarcophagus with something in it that she calls "Adam".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Not really, he's an alien who's kinda 'lucky' to have crash landed on a planet whoms sun boosts his physical attributes a thousandfold.

What makes Superman relatable is that he has characteristical flaws. Most of the time he's a naive boyscout who does good in the hope that people will follow his example. When multiple interpretations of the character realise that's probably never gnna happen, he's quick to use his powers to impose his totalitarian will to force people to behave. This and other conflicts within his character is what make him relateable, not the actual flawnessness and perfection of his power.

If Captain Marvel is flawless in both characteristic and power level, that's where it stops for most.
    >Says "not really" to Superman being relatable
    >Explains how Superman is relatable
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Jamie Foxx playing in a new spawn film? I've never seen a film with him that I haven't liked
    Thats what I hear. But I also read that its more of a detective movie where the detective is searching for Spawn. So I'm not sure how that will work out. Hopefully its still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    2) Also Captain Marvel punching an old lady disguised as a Skrull got reaction for me
    Insert image of an old lady cosplaying as a skrull here?

This is the first trailer so I'll give it the benefit of a doubt. Back int he 90's Captain Marvel was one of my favourite Marvel heroes when I read comics, especially as her time as Warbird, so I am still hyped. Just need more to go on.
    As an xman reader, she's just the lady Rogue wiped.

The trailer was good, I thought, but they seem to have already given the basics in a teaser. This is one that will definitely be spoiled by trailers long before the movie I think. Not that it's a big deal to me, I never go to the theaters anymore anyway.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    >Says "not really" to Superman being relatable
    >Explains how Superman is relatable
    Which was a response to someone who said he was relatable regardless of being OP whom responded to someone concerned about Carol's relatability if she's protrayed as Miss Perfection.

But be sure to continue taking my posts out of context in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry that you’re offended by being corrected. Good luck with that Captain Perfect.

Oh, and emotions and character flaws aren’t the same thing.
    Guess I'm offended now because you said so.

Except they pretty much are, because emotional expression is driven mainly by someone's characteristics.

Better luck next comeback tho.

Not even a SJW bud, it's possible to not be a sexist and not being a sjw, it's called being moderate
    waaah waaah everything i dont agree with is racist and sexist

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    DC and Marvel don't need to be competing against eachother.
    You can enjoy both movies.
    ... Duh?

I didn't enjoy Wonder Woman, and I hope Captain Marvel turns out better. Simple enough, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    As an xman reader, she's just the lady Rogue wiped.
    Oh man, the possibilities when Marvel Studios get their hands on the X-Men. We'd finally see Rogue done right.

Deleted
    So, what are her powers besides punching old ladies in the face?........