Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 125
... LastLast

Captain Marvel [2019]

Critic Reception:
    Rotten Tomatoes: 79%*(rarely subject to change)
    Packed with action, humor, and visual thrills, Captain Marvel introduces the MCU's latest hero with an origin story that makes effective use of the franchise's signature formula.

Records broken:
    According to Fandango, Captain Marvel has amassed the third largest advanced ticket sales of any MCU film, behind Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther [1]

Highest grossing film of 2019 [2]

Red carpet debuted March 4th, 2019.

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL TRAILER

Trailer debuted on December 13th, 2018 on ESPN for Monday Night Football

TEASER TRAILER

The teaser trailer dropped on Tuesday, September 18th on Good Morning America.

What do you want to see from this movie? Hopefully at the end we see a timeskip in the end credits that someone got snapped and she answers nick fury’s call

Who is Captain Marvel?
    In case you don’t know who she is she is Carol Danvers. The current strongest superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She can fight Thanos 1 on 1 and easily defeat him.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-03-28 at 10:42 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the trailer is confirmed to be debuting on GMA tomorrow.

As for the film: I just hope they don’t make her a massive bitch, like the did in CWII... I really enjoy Carol’s powerset, but they’ve not done much with her since CWII, and what they HAVE done has been weak af.

Also, lots of Coulson being awesome, Fury losing the eye and more Ronan/Korath action.

And most of all, they need to explain where she’s been all this time.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Teaser Trailer dropping Tuesday according to Disney owned Good Morning America.

They will possibly do like Wonder Woman. The present at the very beginning and at the end to explain where she has been.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The strongest superhero in Marvel. She can fight Thanos 1 on 1 and easily defeat him.
    Maybe in the movies(we'll see) but sure as hell not in the comics...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Maybe in the movies(we'll see) but sure as hell not in the comics...
    It's MMO-C Deja Vu. there was already a bait thread about this in the past:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...and-Hulk/page1

I'm sure she'll be off the charts for energy manipulation. There's also no indication that Thanos is all that tough in MCU sans gauntlet. He had the power gem when he smacked down the Hulk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Is this even true? I had always thought Hulk was the strongest Marvel hero because he gets stronger the angrier he gets, making his strength limitless, yet he was easily defeated by Thanos in the beginning of the movie.

Is Captain Marvel stronger than the Hulk?
    Similar base strength level, but like you said Hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets (atleast in the comics, I have yet to properly see it in the MCU outside of his solo flick).
    Captain Marvel is (kinda) like Thor in most depictions. It's mostly her energy projection that's superb to others.
    However iirc, Feige hinted she'd be the most powerful hero in the MCU, so expect some 'buffs', or as the MCU handles it more often, expect others to be nerfed (pre-Ragnarok Thor, Hulk).

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    He had the power gem when he smacked down the Hulk.
    Thought it was confirmed at this point the Power Stone was out of the equasion in that fight.

But yeah, Thanos doesn't really seem that powerful if MCU Stormbreaker pierced his skin.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2018-09-17 at 02:50 PM.

God I hope it turns out better than Wonder Woman...

Is this even true? I had always thought Hulk was the strongest Marvel hero because he gets stronger the angrier he gets, making his strength limitless, yet he was easily defeated by Thanos in the beginning of the movie.

I think Hulk is stronger in the comics, but most heroes were nerfed in the MCU to make it more accessible. They're on record saying that they're bringing in Captain Marvel as the strongest hero in the MCU, so she'll presumably be at full power. I think that Thor with Stormbringer or whatever it's called is also now close to his comic power level.

Deleted
    well thanos is quite weak compared to at least another 20 marvel baddies !!

Deleted
    Can't wait for the Teaser trailer now. It'll be awesome to see how they are going to progress and to see where all they went?

Yes and no, the fight Thanos 1 on 1 and easily defeat him is pure speculation. In the comics shes not even close to Hulk. Her whole shtick in the comics is constantly wanting to be considered a superhero but always being considered B or even Ctier. In the MCU they are bringing her in as the most powerful superhero so I think she would be able to go toe to toe with Thanos just because Thor did so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to see anything from this movie. I'll be on the lookout for some original ideas sometime in the next century.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    God I hope it turns out better than Wonder Woman...
    That fight scene at the end, dear God it was like some low budget kiddy show fight scene like Power Rangers when they charged at each other... XD

I really hope that this film does prove that a strong female lead character is viable.. They originally said it'll probably flop because most films have strong male character leads and female support characters. But they also said that making a film with a black super hero will not be as popular either, but black panther made a killing in the cinema. Maybe it's just the MCU that has a goose that lays golden eggs, who knows... But i myself personally am totally looking forward to yet another marvel film and another character brought to life.

Thor is even stronger than the Hulk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    I really hope that this film does prove that a strong female lead character is viable.. They originally said it'll probably flop because most films have strong male character leads and female support characters. But they also said that making a film with a black super hero will not be as popular either, but black panther made a killing in the cinema. Maybe it's just the MCU that has a goose that lays golden eggs, who knows... But i myself personally am totally looking forward to yet another marvel film and another character brought to life.
    Once society is advanced enough to grasp that a bad character (arc) is what breaks a movie and not character gender/race, they'll be able to make movies with any lead.

But we haven't gotten there yet.

She can fight Thanos 1 on 1 and easily defeat him.
    I'm not that much into the Marvel universe, but after watching the last Avengers, that's pretty much what Thor did at the end, so why exactly do they need this captain marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Thats because BP was an actually good movie and not some "hurr durr we have an all black cast, we are so progress, we love diversity"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan is ms marvel in the comics so I expect nothing which means it can only be better then what I expect right?

The teaser trailer will be dropping on Tuesday, September 18th on Good Morning America according to Disney. What do you want to see from this movie? Hopefully at the end we see a timeskip in the end credits that someone got snapped and she answers nick fury’s call

In case you don’t know who she is she is Carol Denvers. The strongest superhero in Marvel. She can fight Thanos 1 on 1 and easily defeat him.
    I like the actress... but doubtfull in this role. I think its a to save bet. Does not scream cap marvel for me.