Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 93 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Watched a cam, as others have said it's an average MCU movie. A lot of the movie is just "then something happened" rather than characters/ plot driving action. Skrull needs to find CM, so they do. Fury needs to find CM, so he does. They just wander around from scene to scene. And of course, power. She's super powerful, then needs more power so she has more power, then needs more, so get more. It's just... there. Nothing in the movie seems earned.

Larson wasn't bad, but a lot of the scenes were flat. Benning didn't seem to fit a lot of the time oddly.

And of course, this movie was smashed into the MCU's setting in the worst cludgey way I could imagine. Had to tie her in like she's always been there, not sure why they didn't just introduce her as a new element, meh.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Really enjoyed it and have also enjoyed seeing all the conservative snowflakes getting triggered and trying so hard to tank the movie ratings lol.
    Ditto.

Their faces are so red right now, which is just icing on the cake. :3
    It's especially funny seeing them still cling to the fantasy of this movie being boycotted.

7+ rating on average seems pretty fair, it would probably be 7.7 or more if not for the hate campaign so it'll more than likely go higher.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/10/m...ice/index.html

"For Disney, Marvel Studios has made close to $18 billion worldwide."

Jesus Christ on a bike... I knew that Marvel movies were lucrative, but 18 billion dollars so far??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I just want to say that how Fury loses his eye is so fucking offensively bad that I'm considering dropping an entire point from my score. How in the fuck did someone actually green light this.
    It's more original than say, losing his eye from an explosion triggered by a friend.

That being said, I don't know how he loses the eye in the comics, so I went in with a clean slate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It's more original than say, losing his eye from an explosion triggered by a friend. .
    you sound like kevin fiege right now. "We subverted your expectations! you expected some epic battle scar but no! its just used as a cheap gag!"

I probably would have waited for Netflix because I’m kinda tired of superhero movies and they’re mostly mediocre.
    But my husband and I booked tickets for tomorrow just to say “eat it, incels”.

Ready to drive a stake into that bullshit once and for all.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    I probably would have waited for Netflix because I’m kinda tired of superhero movies and they’re mostly mediocre.
    But my husband and I booked tickets for tomorrow just to say “eat it, incels”.

Ready to drive a stake into that bullshit once and for all.
    What incels, and why would they even care?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I mean technically, the thing that he lost his eye to is one of the most dangerous creatures in the fucking universe. Sooo.
    And that doesnt make it any less stupid? He should have lost more than an eye. Hes just human after all.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-03-10 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Jesus Christ on a bike... I knew that Marvel movies were lucrative, but 18 billion dollars so far??
    You didn't think they were buying literally every IP they could get their hands on just for the fun of it, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You didn't think they were buying literally every IP they could get their hands on just for the fun of it, did you?
    Yeah, the Disney monopoly is just becoming too real.

I don't think it's anymore or less stupid than if he lost it to a grenade like in the comics. It's a completely irrelevant part of the story.
    I agree that we didnt need to see it at all and thats a problem I have with them forcing marvel into a already set up world.

Especially the tesseract stuff, just asks so much more needless questions. They're making a mess of it

I really liked the movie, my 2nd favorite Marvel movie after Winter Soldier. The only thing I didn't like was her warrior space suit or whatever that was supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't understand is where will they go plot wise in the next movie, since her powers seem to be unlimited (single handedly deafeting Kree, just smashing through spaceships). What plausible danger would there be for her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    What I don't understand is where will they go plot wise in the next movie, since her powers seem to be unlimited (single handedly deafeting Kree, just smashing through spaceships). What plausible danger would there be for her?
    This "concern" is strange, given that Thor came to Wakanda and basically single-handedly cleaned up that invasion...and yet the good guys still lost in that movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This "concern" is strange, given that Thor came to Wakanda and basically single-handedly cleaned up that invasion...and yet the good guys still lost in that movie.
    Except that invasion was basically a misdirection and the only reason they were losing before he arrived was due to being outnumbered. Comparing Thor to Cap Marvel, her power is on another level, and she's still learning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Thanos.

Thanos and all of his Infinity stones, are a plausible danger for her. Not to mention, anyone can mess up. Just look at Quill and what his actions led to.

I thought most of the movie was acceptable, except Brie Larson feels incredibly underwhelming.

I don't know if she was miscast, or if the directors just didn't know how to use her.

I felt the same way about Black Widow when she was first introduced, but she got progressively better with another director.

Also her power level felt really stupid by the end. And if she truly is the "key" to Endgame, then the decade of building up everything will have felt immensely wasted.
    And will probably kill my interest in future Marvel movies.

To add, I think Monica would have been a better choice for a Captain Marvel pursuit.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-03-10 at 09:04 PM.

The movie was good by itself, but I dread what it will do to the MCU in the long run. One of the many reasons justice league was so bad was that the movie is basically over once superman is back as he could (and mostly does) finish the threat single handedly. Now the MCU has their own version of superman. Not going to pretend every avenger is equally powerful, but they all had their niche to fill. With how over the top Captain Marvel is, the default answer to every question becomes: Let her do it. I hope the first part of Endgame will be her giving up some of her power to fuel the "time machine".
    Last edited by Faldric; 2019-03-10 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    The movie was good by itself, but I dread what it will do to the MCU in the long run. One of the many reasons justice league was so bad was that the movie is basically over once superman is back as he could (and mostly does) finish the threat single handedly. Now the MCU has their own version of superman. Not going to pretend every avenger is equally powerful, but they all had their niche to fill. With how over the top Captain Marvel is, the default answer to every question becomes: Let her do it. I hope the first part of Endgame will be her giving up some of her power to fuel the "time machine".
    Tbf, I thought Vision would end up the "let him do it"-card, and look how that turned out.
    I doubt Captain Marvel will be the sole winner, feels like Dr Strange has far more of a key role.

Obviously she'll contribute to their win in some way but I would assume they're not stupid enough to make her the sole reason for the win.
    don't hold your breath. disney also destroyed luke skywalker character just to prop up rey. so they might just do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    The movie was good by itself, but I dread what it will do to the MCU in the long run. One of the many reasons justice league was so bad was that the movie is basically over once superman is back as he could (and mostly does) finish the threat single handedly. Now the MCU has their own version of superman. Not going to pretend every avenger is equally powerful, but they all had their niche to fill. With how over the top Captain Marvel is, the default answer to every question becomes: Let her do it. I hope the first part of Endgame will be her giving up her power to fuel the "time machine".
    I am a bit worried about that as well but she didnt seem THAT powerful in her solo film. Its weird. She never really got hurt but at the same time, her photon blasts and punches didnt seem to do that much damage to anyone. The power levels in Captain Marvel were all over the place to the point that its hard to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I thought most of the movie was acceptable, except Brie Larson feels incredibly underwhelming.

I don't know if she was miscast, or if the directors just didn't know how to use her.
    Some of it felt like that "acting with a green screen" thing, things just disconnected from each other at times.

Also her power level felt really stupid by the end. And if she truly is the "key" to Endgame, then the decade of building up everything will have felt immensely wasted.
    And will probably kill my interest in future Marvel movies.
    I do wonder where future Avengers movies might go with super powered Thor and Captain Marvel. Age of Ultron would have ended with Thor zapping all the robots at once while CM just put the city back where it should be...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."