View Poll Results: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoyed watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

240 62.50%
  • I did not enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™

144 37.50%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This thread has surpassed the Infinity War Thread. I don't know how but it did. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ity-War/page94
    Arguing back and forth over feminism, that’s how.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Arguing back and forth over feminism, that’s how.
    considering how the movie is devoid of any feminism that is amusing

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    considering how the movie is devoid of any feminism that is amusing
    I wouldn’t say there isn’t ANY “feminism” in the movie, but certainly not to the extent all the man babies were biting their nails fretting over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's kind of weird that SHIELD thing, I mean their name is already "Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division" in Iron Man 1, they just don't abbreviate it until the end. Presumably as a very slight reveal? I'm just going to put that one down as a joke, their name is already SHIELD.
    I assume it was more a wink wink towards those who know the comics and what SHIELD stands for, I went into Iron Man not having read a single Comic Book in my life, and when Coulson said 'Just call us Shield' one guy in the cinema chuckled, and the rest went... "who?"

I'm okay with that. Winks to those who are familiar with the material are fine.

What I am wondering is how fast Fury must have climbed the ranks in Shield. He goes from Level 3 access in the early to mid 90es to director of Shield in... what, 10 years?

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I assume it was more a wink wink towards those who know the comics and what SHIELD stands for, I went into Iron Man not having read a single Comic Book in my life, and when Coulson said 'Just call us Shield' one guy in the cinema chuckled, and the rest went... "who?"

I'm okay with that. Winks to those who are familiar with the material are fine.

What I am wondering is how fast Fury must have climbed the ranks in Shield. He goes from Level 3 access in the early to mid 90es to director of Shield in... what, 10 years?
    he probably did some impressive work; we know he rescued Alexander Pierce at some point and while we don't know what rank Pierce was he did seem older than Fury so probably higher rank and so could've fast tracked him to the Director post. either that, or Pierce used his HYDRA contacts, legitimately or otherwise, to make sure that Fury got the top job because Pierce could control Fury somewhat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I wouldn’t say there isn’t ANY “feminism” in the movie, but certainly not to the extent all the man babies were biting their nails fretting over.
    the closest they got, at least in my opinion, was a small montage of Danvers struggling to do stuff and persevering and the song "Just A Girl". so literally nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the closest they got, at least in my opinion, was a small montage of Danvers struggling to do stuff and persevering and the song "Just A Girl". so literally nothing
    Eh. There was also the “cockpit” line, and the subversion of the Mar-Vell reveal (Mar-Vell is male in the comics so, admittedly, this hit the comic fans most). And then all the stuff about a woman having to control herself (a running trope in fiction [especially superhero comics] being that women with incredible power go crazy and villainous).

Again, none of this hits you in the head with a sledgehammer. Definitely tamer than what certain folk were clutching their pearls about.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Also in the comics Adam Warlock had a significant role, and he's not been introduced or even cast to my knowledge. Also Thanos was doing it because he wanted to bone Death instead of overpopulation. Things might go differently.
    He was teased in the end credits of Guardians vol 2. But yeah, I doubt he'll be involved.

They name-check comics events and capture some of their spirit but the details are all different. Comics Civil War was almost nothing like MCU Civil War for example. I expect they'll do their own thing in Endgame with only the occasional reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Are you joking? Captain Marvel at the end of the film clearly surpasses BY FAR anything Thor has ever done. You're just not being honest if you're saying otherwise.
    Debateable I suppose. Thor took a collapsing star to the face in Infinity War.