Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    snip for being offtopic.

And why i wont see captain feminazi
    Whats considered off-topic in this thread is so laughable. Who would have though talking about the movie the thread is titled after would be off-topic lol.

If you have issues with moderation, take it up with the blues. This has been a rule in this subforum for literally years, that political/social agenda talk unrelated to the actual media itself is offtopic, and more appropriate for GenOT. This wouldn't be a place for a '#MeToo in Hollywood' thread either. It's not a hard concept to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If you have issues with moderation, take it up with the blues. This has been a rule in this subforum for literally years, that political/social agenda talk unrelated to the actual media itself is offtopic, and more appropriate for GenOT. This wouldn't be a place for a '#MeToo in Hollywood' thread either. It's not a hard concept to understand.
    It apparently is a hard concept to understand as you can't even label it correctly. To say its against the rules would have been fine but I understand you need a way to justify a nonsensical rule so its now offtopic to talk about a movie in the thread about the movie. Its a rule based on your particular agenda so you can inject your own politics into the thread, to call it off topic is like I said laughable.

It was literally a video about Brie Larson supposedly being a feminazi. It wasn't about the movie at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    snip for being offtopic.

And why i wont see captain feminazi
    Seems like you watched it considering you voted you didn’t enjoy it. Either way Disney and Brie have your money.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Seems like you watched it considering you voted you didn’t enjoy it. Either way Disney and Brie have your money.
    Maybe he didn't watch it and still voted he didn't like it, like how this movie, on day one, had as many vote on RT then Infinity War after a year. That why you shoudln't trust any of those poll online. The movie was good, and anyone I know that is not an internet edgelord said the same.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Because there is no way to see a movie for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    Captain Marvel grossed an estimated $26.4M internationally this weekend. International total stands at $636.8M, global total stands at $990.6M.
    https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...72897895473152

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    has it hit Chinese theatres yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Yeah. Didn't it release the same as the US?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Yes, it made $150M there so far.
    https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...75291085615104

I found it watchable. Nothing too spectacular, but not horrible either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talanduil View Post
    I found it watchable. Nothing too spectacular, but not horrible either.
    that's the overall consensus :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I do enjoy it but I can't help comparing how Wonder Woman is still the better heroine movie than Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinfreak View Post
    I do enjoy it but I can't help comparing how Wonder Woman is still the better heroine movie than Captain Marvel.
    Well that's just not fair - Wonder Woman is the defintion of the strong female character, practically the first choice, and Danvers was written to her spec. Of course she'll pale a little. For her play-up, CM is not one of the primary heroes of the Marvel universe, where WW is in the DCU.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

7+ Year Old Account
    Captain Marvel passed the $1 billion global mark on Tuesday.
    https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...72023391391744

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinfreak View Post
    I can see arguments for that, but Captain Marvel, to my mind, benefited from a more coherent third act, and the buddy-cop dynamic between Danvers and Fury beat the rather forced romance between Diana and Steve by a mile (don't get me wrong, I liked Chris Pine's Trevor just fine, and I think he did an excellent job with the character, but it still felt forced by the plot).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I can see arguments for that, but Captain Marvel, to my mind, benefited from a more coherent third act, and the buddy-cop dynamic between Danvers and Fury beat the rather forced romance between Diana and Steve by a mile (don't get me wrong, I liked Chris Pine's Trevor just fine, and I think he did an excellent job with the character, but it still felt forced by the plot).
    Everything past the conversation between Diana and Ares in the observation tower in the final act is complete and utter nonsense, and ignores everything leading up to it. The movie was great until that last section of the final act;

1> Diana's whole character arc was to be horrified by the violence humanity does to itself. The final note is Ares pointing out it isn't even him; they do it to themselves.

2> Ares has revealed himself as a master manipulator. He's also literally the God of War, and the only extant God because he fought all the other Gods at once and killed every single one, because that's War, and he's the fucking God of it.

3> Diana's response to this is to get angry and try and kill him, even though he's not causing the war; the entire motive she had prior to this. Why? Because he's smug?

4> They fight, Trevor dies in a completely unrelated noble sacrifice, Diana goes fucking apeshit and murders a whole bunch of German soldiers just for being there because she's angry her almost-boyfriend did a noble thing. Seriously, this whole scene should be seen as horrifying, not noble.

5> Diana and Ares fight some more, until Diana out-wars the God of War because fuck you. Literal deus ex machina; she can beat him because TADA, she's actually a God, and has powers she never knew she had and which were never even hinted at any point prior to their use in this climactic scene. Ares also stops being smart for some reason. Just fucking argh.

The rest of the film was fantastic. Everything past that conversation in the observation tower? Complete dogshit. It only gets worse on repeat viewings, too.

To bring this back, I think WW would have been better with Trevor having a crush, but Diana never noticing. They push romantic sidelines into these films for no reason other than they feel it's needed, and it isn't. And the team behind Captain Marvel knew this. There isn't even a hint of a romance subplot in the film. Not even a bad one she overcomes. And the film's stronger for it. Really, basically none of the Marvel heroes are defined by romantic entanglements. Vision and Scarlet Witch are strongly their own people, and were established separately; their subsequent romance feels natural. And for the rest, the romantic subplots inform character (Hawkeye and his family, for instance), or are there mostly for humour (Tony and Pepper Potts. It works well, but it's never not played for humor.) They're never a real focus of the story, whereas they tried to center Wonder Woman entirely on her relationship with Trevor. And it falls apart, because they didn't really have one.

If the poll had asked if I enjoyed it, neutral or disliked it I had picked neutral. Saying I enjoyed it would have been an overstatement. I didn't hate it either, but it was absolutely, "eh, I guess that was a thing". It was good enough to fill a couple of hours with my buddies and we certainly got alot of exercise with all the shoulder shrugs we did afterwards. But that isn't really enjoyment based on the film. It was also nowhere near bad enough to shit-talk it and get fun that way. Just very middling, really, even for the average marvel film. Liked some of the performances but that's not enough really. Jackson is just an awsome guy, but the story is kinda dumb and disapointing here for him, one or two entirely unneccesary retcons as well. Cat was cute too. Would cast again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, only nitpick, and I've been seeing this in the Endgame promos too: Unclench your fists woman! Yeesh. Yeah I get that she fires her proton blasts while her hands are a fist (as opposed to say, Iron man firing energy blasts open-palm) but her hands are almost ALWAYS fists. It's kinda weird.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.