Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I still don't quite understand what makes the Horde still...well, exist. Sylvanas aludes to how the Tauren might as well join the Alliance. And honestly, I don't see any reason why the Alliance would be hostile towards the Zandalari if the Horde weren't actively seeking to incorporate them.

So why is it that the Horde still exists? What keeps the races banded together? From an Alliance perspective, we really could've all just have been friends.
    Even within the Alliance it's entirely the choice of the leaders of each faction if they want to support the Grand Alliance or not. War is a choice. In the Horde, you obey or you're gonna get killed.
    This is like a jilted ex-lover going "Why do you love them more than MEEE???" your faction stinks, move the fuck on or shut the fuck up.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-09-17 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Can you blame them? Human potential is far too powerful for them to do otherwise.
    Shandris: "I hope that keeshan-sama will notice me !"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Zandalari helped Gurubashi during Cataclysm, and Gurubushi are ancient enemies of Stormwind. And most importantly - they are trolls, and trolls are ancient enemies of humans, being the most numerous titanic and non-titanic races on Azeroth. They are hostile per default. Huge efforts on both sides would have to be taken in order to bring their relations even close to neutrality. And Zandalari never showed any interest in such efforts, on the contrary.

As for specific races of the Horde:

1) Orcs are basically aliens. They have 0 common ground with humans, and history of war and violence. Some of those who fought in 1st war are still alive. There is ZERO chance they would unify.

2) Trolls were kind of covered already.

3) Tauren are just trying to survive. They live close to orcs, but far from alliance lands. Orcs helped them in the past, so they allied with them, and were treated fairly. Being honorable, they will remain in the horde unless the other members turn against them.

4) Undead joined "alliance of convenience", to quote vanilla intro. Alliance will never accept them - on the contrary, made all possible efforts to eradicate them. They can't survive alone. They need the Horde.

5) Blood Elves HATE Night Elves, and very strongly, its very well described in pre-BfA short stories. They will NEVER join ranks with them. That's the main reason for them being allied to the horde, despite being allied with alliance in the past. Oh, and fact that Garithos treated them like rats when they were vulnerable doesn't help.

6) Goblins are amoral in nature, and are also in odds with gnomes. It makes more sense for them to work with the Horde than Alliance. Mind you, I'm sure that if Horde was to lose the war they would probably change sides quickly.
    Are we sure the trolls aren't Titan in origin though? I kinda get the feeling from the whole Zandalar area and Uldir that they might be.

The Zandalari were the enemy of both the Horde and the Alliance, if you can recall. They riled up all the trolls against all of us. The Forest trolls still refuse to join the Horde because they still feel betrayed by them. In the words of Zul'Jin "I spit on de 'orde!".

But if we look at the Zandalari capital, it's actually a neutral harbor. They're like a hub.

Humans and orcs both value honor, to protect their families and homes and value the land.
    Trolls depends very much on which tribe of trolls though. But yeah most of them have eons long conflict with the humans or the Alliance. But then, Kul Tiras and Gilneas also had a lot of bad blood with the Alliance.

Tauren have a lot in common with the Night Elves. They share a tremendous bond through the Cenarion Circle and druidism. THey fought together against the first demonic invasion.

The Forsaken have as much personality and diversity as the humans do. They've their own ideas, their own factions and cliques. One such faction was the Desolate Council, that Sylvanas made sure got killed because they didn't want war.
    They definetly had a chance to survive alone, but that's gone now.

Yeah I don't get what the Blood Elves have against the Night Elves. I reckon Garrithos is universally looked upon with scorn. The Blood Elves were given a new life by the Naaru and with the help of the Draenei and Prophet Velen, their sacred Well of Eternity was restored into a font of holy power. We also had that faction of Blood Elves and Draenei that joined together to make that happen.

Everyone hates goblins. I really can't make an argument in favor of them... not even the Horde wants goblins. Poor guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what regard? Because Anduin is human? Again, they're there by choice. The Alliance members all benefit from one another and if one needs it, the others are there for them. Humans are simply the most numerous and thus the most prominent.

Unlike the Horde? The Horde that now has it's honor and pretty much every other value they have in highest regard pissed on by Sylvanas. And what can they do about it? Nothing. Serve or die.
    The fact that other races (including ones that live for thousands years) don't even have single word of objection where 18 year old humie is named high king because he is daddy's son.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    Because my friends play Horde. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

The Alliance was already hostile to the Zandalari. The Horde recruited the Zandalari by rescuing their princess that was taken captive by the Alliance and was rotting in the stockades.
    The Zandalari were hostile to everyone. But I suppose that they saw opportunity in saving the princess then.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Shandris: "I hope that keeshan-sama will notice me !"
    Next time we see her, she'll be wearing one of those mini-skirt outfits with a lot of cleavage and be bouncing a lot.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that other races (including ones that live for thousands years) don't even have single word of objection where 18 year old humie is named high king because he is daddy's son.
    Yeah that shit makes no sense to me either. It's a bit of Thrall being the green Jesus. Nobody questions it they just go with it. There's a lot of writing problems in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    in the horde there is the mak'gora you can kill the warchief, the problem to day is the bad writing. the current writers know nothing about the lore and then ask forgiveness on twitter when they make a mistake
    Yeah I heard they mocked having continuity.
    There's also the Vindicaar, that could've saved Darnassus but eh... I guess they crashed it?

Because Blizzard favors it and after years I gave up fairness coming from both ends. Just get your free 10% everything fron WarMode plus 370 loot that alliance couldn't get right from the start of progression.

Seems right?
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    We want freedom and not fall under a high kings rule that makes the choices for us.
    You of the Alliance are living under a dictatorship and we saw that in WC3 when the High Elves needed to follow orders even if that resulted into a massive death count on their race just to protect the humans.
    You want freedom so you blindly follow Sylvanas and accept her orders without question even when she is killing and raising your own people? That sounds like some good freedom you got there.

He's a rich kid trained by the best, is basically Bolvar's adopted son (in case he ever turns on the Alliance),was also trained by a Quasi immortal that can see the future, and has friendships with a dragon and a high ranking member of the Horde.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2018-09-17 at 04:03 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I USED to like the Horde, when they were noble savages and not literally the cause of everything evil always.

Up until the actual burning of Teldrassil (As in, Sylvanas getting triggered by an elf rightfully calling her out and choosing last-minute to burn the tree), everything the Horde did made sense. Yes, even storming up Kalimdor.

The Horde had every right prior to that moment to believe the Alliance was out to get them, and that there simply would be no peace so long as the Alliance still existed. Not more than an expansion ago, Genn decided he was going to attack Sylvanas and the Forsaken in open waters, despite there not having been war at all. And what was done about it? Genn and Admiral Rogers got a talking to. Both retained their positions as high ranking military officials, still able to give orders which would ensure a repeat of the same process. After breaking a peace treaty and attempting to depose the current-leader of the Horde with no provocation.

As such, this gave Sylvanas the fuel she needed to start a war. The Horde wanted safety and security. Sylvanas wanted to snuff out life. The Horde simply wanted to push the Alliance off of Kalimdor. Sylvanas wanted to raise Stormwind as undead.

Once she burned the tree, since the Horde had already started the war, they had no choice but to accept that the Alliance would retaliate - Not just against Sylvanas, but against them as well. With that retaliation incoming, they are stuck - They either surrender and are likely murdered by the Alliance for working with Sylvanas to burn the tree, or they fight back and try to survive - Most chose the latter.

Unfortunately, that's undoubtedly evil no matter how you look at it.
    Because the individual Alliance leaders can act on their own if they want to, when it regards matters of their own nation. That's why they only got a stern talking to. That and thanks to Genn, the holy Val'kyr weren't enslaved.

Yeah as I said, this is entirely on Sylvanas. Nobody wanted this war.
    Well, we gotta have evil in a story! I'm not saying we shouldn't. Good and evil need to fight for us to have a story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Next time we see her, she'll be wearing one of those mini-skirt outfits with a lot of cleavage and be bouncing a lot.
    She will be waiting around the corner, toast in mouth, to run into keeshan with force of small train.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    You want freedom so you blindly follow Sylvanas and accept her orders without question even when she is killing and raising your own people? That sounds like some good freedom you got there.
    Yeah it makes no sense to me at all. It feels to me like some people inject real life politics into this game. The Alliance is by all definitions, much more about freedom. They protect the weak, they work for peace, they wanted to heal the world that bleeds.
    Sylvanas? "NAH FUCKIT I JUST WANNA KILL PEOPLE CUS IM BITTER!"

Deleted
    So roughly as races go:

Orcs: Likely to much bad blood between humans and orcs to ever really find a place within the Allaince.

Trolls: Owe there survival to the horde that's not something easily forgotten. While garrosh tried to wipe them out I don't think the trolls see garorsh and his goons as the Horde.

Forsaken: humanity has been shown on the large not to be able to accept them.

Blood Elves: while likely one race that could default back to the Allaince. The Blood elves were welcomed into the Horde at a low point. Forsaken helped them rebuild and since being in the Horde they've began to reclaim some former glory while in the Allaince their kingdom was destroyed.

Goblins: Horde helped save them after Kezan and also profit.

Panda: the fuck knows why they stick around with ethier factions beyond maybe a few idealists.

Tauren: again the Horde them in a low point and while Baine is friends with Anduin. His people are not friends with humanity.

So basically it's a shared loyalty to an entity that helped each race in a low point. Atleast that's how I see the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I can't agree with that at all. They're very different to one another. From gnomes to the space aliens Draenei, to the druidic accidents the Worgen, there's nothing homogenous about the Alliance. There's shamans, druids, light users, void users and so on. What's homogenous about that?
    The others who replied to this put it in roughly the terms I would have. A lack of conflict, Human centrism. Racial identity doesn’t mean anything when those two things are in the way.

Ultimately the Alliance is just... boring. Anything interesting becomes absorbed and overshadowed by the wider Alliance (Human) culture.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-09-17 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    She will be waiting around the corner, toast in mouth, to run into keeshan with force of small train.
    This song will be playing as it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a rich kid trained by the best, is basically Bolvar's adopted son (in case he ever turns on the Alliance),was also trained by a Quasi immortal that can see the future, and has friendships with a dragon and a high ranking member of the Horde.
    And yet he did nothing to prove himself worth of being a leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This right here. This is my entire issue with Anduin. I don't care that he's received the best training and has connections, he has no practical experience. This would normally be enough to get him a high ranking position, but not enough to be put in CHARGE of everything.

Well he stopped his dad from just wiping out the Horde. Plus Leaders don't need to fight on the front line.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the horde because well sylvanas is such a sexy leader and for the alliance look how very sexy jaina looks even at her age.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he stopped his dad from just wiping out the Horde. Plus Leaders don't need to fight on the front line.
    Whoa, he has interaction with his parent. I change my mind, he is great choice of leader then.