Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    Are you even subbed? Just out of curiosity... what joy do you have out of playing if you look at all the systems that aren't working or could use improvement? Is it that you have played so much now that you're at a point of playing it everyday that you can't put it down? Are you playing the game just until Blizzard shuts the servers down, so you can say "HAHA... BLIZZARD-ACTIVISION :OMEGALUL: dead game!" Just curious on to what your motivation is? Is the population of your village so low that this is all you are able to do, and that you're not able to escape to a breathing community?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice contribution to the conversation.
    You are the one that said everyone who doesn't have your opinion is naive.. What conversation did you want? Azerite system is horrible in that it conflicts with Blizzard's stated goals, they are unbalanced, and feel like Artifacts 0.5.

Even blizz said its not fine. You lack the ability to look at something and analyze it right. You are the narrow minded, not us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Word from God disagrees with you, ergo you are wrong.

Try not to take it too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Why is that not fine?

Is incredibly fun this way IMO.
    Fun itemization.
    Reminds me of Vanilla itemization.
    But Vanilla Itemisation was almost none existent ..... hardly high praise

- - - Updated - - -

Are you even subbed? Just out of curiosity... what joy do you have out of playing if you look at all the systems that aren't working or could use improvement? Is it that you have played so much now that you're at a point of playing it everyday that you can't put it down? Are you playing the game just until Blizzard shuts the servers down, so you can say "HAHA... BLIZZARD-ACTIVISION :OMEGALUL: dead game!" Just curious on to what your motivation is? Is the population of your village so low that this is all you are able to do, and that you're not able to escape to a breathing community?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice contribution to the conversation.
    talking about a nice contribution to the thread how about you take some of your own advice, All I have seen is "your wrong" posts and when someone makes a valid point you don't address it, you just flame and abuse them like in this post ....

The fact that the people who MAKE the game have stated that they AGREE and that there ARE issues with the azerite gear system really does make what you repeatedly saying doesn't actually hold any water.

If you want to run around in blinkers and ignore the issues that it has, that is fine. Just don't go around trying to state it as anything remotely resembling fact.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be a blizzard fan-boy, but the amount of negative feedback is strictly due to the culture of the internet and society of today.
    Opinion disregarded.

the problem i have with azerite armor isnt the armor itself or its bonuses, its the azerite power grind that i dont like. I dont want to do WQ for small amounts of azerite power every day, I dont want to have to do island expeditions either. I would rather just run M+ and do raids. But nooo, now i gotta grind some stupid bar for a week just so i can unlock the 3rd and 4th tier. I have already given up on it. The real dps upgrades are on the first two tiers so as long as ive done those im pretty much no doing azerite dalies anymore.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The Azerite system is a complete and utter failure.

It has literally failed in every regard.

It was designed to replace Artifacts, Tier Sets and Legendaries. FAIL.

The traits are all insanely boring passives with less than 5% of them changing gameplay(there's a spreadsheet with proof).

The HoA grind is insane and you acquire gear faster than any normal ass person can unlock the traits.

You get iLevel upgrades that you EARNT that are a direct DPS downgrade to one that is 15-30 iLevels lower.

Passive boring ass fucking traits are better than the class specific ones.

They are insanely hard to understand with TERRIBLE tooltips that don't state proc chances or anything. They go against Blizzards OWN DIRECT DESIGN MANTRA of "you shouldnt have to sim something to know its an upgrade".

You get a direct iLevel upgrade and have to grind to unlock the EXACT SAME TRAIT that you already had unlocked on the previous piece of gear.

The system is a complete and utter failure in EVERY SINGLE REGARD. Even Ion himself failed to defend it in the recent AMA.

So why are you trying?
    we tried warning them before BFA was released scarecrowz, no one listened and now even the fact we can say "I told you so" that isnt fun because of how much of a mess the game is.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Azerite armor are essentially tier set bonuses.
    Wrong, they are nothing like tier bonuses and as long as they stay the way they are, they never will be. They're watered down, gimped and most of them you have to go hunt down for proper traits otherwise it's actually a dead piece of gear.

There will be more bonuses as the expansion progresses.
    That doesn't fix the current issue with talents being vastly imbalanced and impossible to get what you need to perform well.

The fact that we have access to different ways to obtain them regardless of item level makes it more of a consistant system than having to strictly do raids to obtain the bonuses. Caches, weekly chests, pvp, and world quests drop them which is way more than we have ever had.
    Caches and Weekly chests are the same thing, don't try to add more than the little there actually is. World Quest drops are dead gear, they're capped out at 325, you'll never see even a heroic raider using a 325 piece "just because lolz". Weekly chests are far too random, you can't get them in the dungeon itself and the majority of the raid items have poorly optimized traits on them. For example, not one of the Leather Azerite items from Uldir has the best or second best trait for Havoc Demon Hunter, none of the PvP gear does either, so they're locked down into a random chest once per week, that is shared on a loot system with hundreds of other items. Oh boy it has a "bad luck protection" feature, there's 18 possible Azerite items from dungeons, only a handful are useful.

the amount of negative feedback is strictly due to the culture of the internet and society of today.
    Wrong again, the negativity is related to an expansion that was forced out, just like Warlords, long before it was ready to be shipped. Beta feedback was mostly ignored and they started class changes 2 months before shipping the expansion, they told players they had to wait for a future patch for proper changes to happen to several classes, but still shipped out an unfinished product, with features that went out broken like a ton of players just getting Gladiator mounts for just logging in or the mythic + box being out for players who did a keystone the last week of Legion. These are all oversights that should have NEVER happened for a company that's been in the mmo business going on 14 years.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    No they are not. You can get a high ilevel tier piece and be happy. You can get a high ilevel azerite piece and realize the trait is garbage and your 340 ilevel one gives more dps. They are a horrible idea and they need better balance.

Also tier piece are iconic to your class and give identity. They are something to look forward to FOR YOU ONLY. Now all warriors, Dk's, and pallys look exactly like you. Except one of them is OP as hell and destroys the two other ones. It is a half assed system that needed way more refinement. They are as refined as a warlock in Vanilla WoW for the first year. As in not at all and a mess...

I like BfA but Azerite is not okay...

1. Traits are boring - you do not feel compelled to go after them. Far fewer but stronger traits would be ideal
    2. Upgrades are frustrating
    3. Feels too much like a gear treadmill - You're constantly exchanging traits on new gear but never actually getting anywhere in terms of feeling like your progressed because you aren't building upon the traits your previous unlocked

If they can fix these three things then I think Azerite could be a great system. But otherwise its a detractor from an otherwise promising expansion.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2018-09-18 at 12:39 AM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean.

I'm enjoying saying "I told you so". But I am not enjoying logging in and literally having nothing to do but spam Mythic+ with my shitty Class Design or grind out time-gated bullshit WQ rep grinds.

There is literally nothing else to do. As soon as Uldir is down I'm out. So are many of my mates. It's a sad state of affairs.
    Ive been playing dragon quest 11 personally. Been having a lot of fun having a break and hoping they turn it around (although nothing shows they acutally know what the problem IS let alone care about fixing it). Not surprised at all though to see all the negative threads popping up, writing on the wall for BFA was so obvious. 8.1 is mission impossible to try turn it around
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

It is fine, but it need improvements. I mean I don't care much about it, you get azerite-power eventually, and that won't get changed because of the actual, decent catch-up mechanic.

I feel they need to fix so you get those two first traits unlocked immediately, while you can wait a bit for the 3rd and 4th. The 3rd is just an utility one, while the last is an overall, tiny performing improvement. Which can be a good thing to look forward too when gathering the AP. I think the actual loss of the 2nd trait is the biggest flaw in the AA-system, fixing that would make players a bit more chilled about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's so "fine" that I have 3 370ilvl pieces that I can't even use because the traits are worse than my 340, yeah this system works so well huh...
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    BETTER HOPE YOUR WEEKLY CACHE HAS IT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I’m not salty at all. No sir!
    In the weekly mythic chest, Azerite Armor got Bad Luck Protection.

But that doesn't cover the bad luck in what piece you get... :P

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-september-17/

New buffs/nerfs.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-09-18 at 01:36 AM.

Deleted
    Nice job blizz nerfing all good traits

As it currently stands, it definitely is not. I actually don't care about the massive prune, save for the specs that have been nearly ruined because of a combination of ability pruning and miserably set up talents/talent rows(ie vengeance DH and the way it works with fracture). I don't care about Azerite traits being outright passives either. What tips the scales however is just how easily they go into changing their use through nerfing or buffing.

Clogged up bags of multiple Azerite pieces, mounting reforging prices and massive and absolutely spec-performance redefining changes to traits are not fine. Everybody expected tuning to happen, but certainly not in the range of 30% nerfing, 300% buffing and so on, especially not when mythic progression just properly kicked off for so many guilds. It completely errases the benefits relative to the time invested.

If they think legion raid tier was hard to balance.

Why. The. Fuck. would they vastly extend from a per-spec-per-raid tier system to a per-spec-per-WQ/RAID/DUNGEON/WORLD BOSS system?

Their legion tier set "design quote unquote nightmare" were people using T19 when T21 is avaialble. WOW. look at BFA, people hording WQ 340 assserite armor in case they are better than dungeon and raid item or 370 world boss item??? What is this?

Not only that. The ONLY problem with legion tier set was the cloak enchant, if you want that 200 int / agi / str flexibility you got to have 2, or you override your enchant everytime you change spec. LOOK at this BFA crap fest? You need to pay to change trait that they buff and nerf all the time, or instead of getting 2 for AGI / STR / INT, you farm one per spec LOL? Seriously what is this???

People say they dumb down legion... Seriously. I wish.
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-09-18 at 05:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You ARE narrow-minded and naive to believe that this is a bad system. There will be more bonuses as the expansion progresses.
    Well, of course we're

Oh great mighty Deep Thought, could you may be explain then to us, how everything that you listed (Aa) will help solve general game problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    2. Characteristics (&cobblestones of shame into PvP talent system + time-gate/catch-up/Azerite-remark) +(+/+)+/+/+(+/+)+
    Classes philosophy +(+)
    Some words about talents (&their connection with classes, items=talents) +/+(+/+/+/+)
    with one consequence (more like logical continuation, problem evolution, "new virus' strain") of which been exactly this innovation

ps. Still the esence is - class mechanics shouldn't be tied up/keep inside items, which needed only for "soft" control of character's (but not class!) strength and progress within expansion (like lvl = stats or reputation), so whatever you say, the entire such particular system makes no sense for this game in any form.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-12-04 at 06:49 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Considering the frequency of obtaining them, no... not bad design at all. A majority of people focus too much on ilvl that even getting a 940 piece vs a 960 can be an upgrade. There have been proof that item level is not everything for expansions. People can be 350, and be far better than somebody at 360. There are trinkets that sim higher at 330 than trinkets at 355, and you don't see anybody making long rants and complaints about lower item level trinkets or lower item level pieces that are statted correctly.
    You mean apart from Blizzard themselves? Both in Legion and BfA(and probably before then too)? And what "frequency" of obtaining them? You get maybe 1-2 new ones each week now, and that's only going to go down once you start getting more duplicates.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yo I hear buffing an azerite trait 400% is normal fam.

Also, most of the mid tier or bottom tier DPS specs relied on thunderous blast. GG.