Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Why didn't people like the Paragon rewards ? It was free stuff for doing what you were already doing.

Is it that people felt compelled to grind for them ? That reminds of the people who did every MoP daily every single day on their main and also 4 alts and complained about being burnt out.
    Pretty much this. I don't get that obsession either, there was one mount I actually liked enough to run extra dailies to farm their rep (Valajar) and I didn't mind it, and other than that it was just a suprise reward for doing dailies.

But the obsessed collectors who feel "forced" to farm everything, just for the sake of having huge collection of mounts they will never use anyway, are really whiny as seen in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    still grinding for highmountain and nightfallen and im a hardcore mount collector. I still want them to add mounts as it is literally a good reason to get me to do WQ's.
    Neh, doing WQs over and over and over with no bad luck protection makes these among the most frustrating mounts to farm as a collector.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    But the obsessed collectors who feel "forced" to farm everything, just for the sake of having huge collection of mounts they will never use anyway, are really whiny as seen in this thread.
    Collecting is a legit way to enjoy the game, not sure why you feel the need to attack it? Just because you don't like it it doesn't mean you need to shit on it. I fully understand that gating, grinding and RNG are integral to an MMO and I don't mind them in principle, but sometimes they can be excessive, and the Legion paragons were one such case. If the drop rate is high enough (like 20%), if there's some for of bad luck protection, or if you simply get 1-3 pieces of a currency from Paragon boxes that eventually lets you buy a mount if you get 10 or 15 of them, that's fine.

The biggest issue with it, though, is the lack of agency it affords players. You can't really dedicate yourself to it as you would a rep or a linearly gated series of quests, nor do you spend as little time as you would with a mount farm if you wait out an expansion or two. Getting paragon boxes effectively is highly dependent on doing each emissary quest in that 3 days window when it's up. If I'm going to dedicate my time, I want to do it when I feel like and still progress at a decent pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Collecting is a legit way to enjoy the game, not sure why you feel the need to attack it? Just because you don't like it it doesn't mean you need to shit on it. I fully understand that gating, grinding and RNG are integral to an MMO and I don't mind them in principle, but sometimes they can be excessive, and the Legion paragons were one such case. If the drop rate is high enough (like 20%), if there's some for of bad luck protection, or if you simply get 1-3 pieces of a currency from Paragon boxes that eventually lets you buy a mount if you get 10 or 15 of them, that's fine.

The biggest issue with it, though, is the lack of agency it affords players. You can't really dedicate yourself to it as you would a rep or a linearly gated series of quests, nor do you spend as little time as you would with a mount farm if you wait out an expansion or two. Getting paragon boxes effectively is highly dependent on doing each emissary quest in that 3 days window when it's up. If I'm going to dedicate my time, I want to do it when I feel like and still progress at a decent pace.
    Because unhealthy approach of "I must have EVERYTHING" and excessive whining on the forums might end up with Blizzard backing off the idea of paragon mounts. Sure, the idea might suck for someone who feels compelled to get every single mount, pet and toy in the game, but for people who accept that they don't have to get everything they can to add to their collection to enjoy things, it's a nice addition. And I'm of an opinion that making things rare/hard to obtain just adds to their value.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Would rather not have to farm half revered again and again for factions I've been exalted with for months.

I grinded out every Legion paragon mount FYI.
    No one is forcing you to. Cosmetic rewards aren't a necessity. I hope they add a couple mounts per faction's Paragon Box.
    Last edited by muto; 2018-09-24 at 04:36 PM.

Took me over 100 Nightfallen boxes to get the rug. Moment of silence for those still trying to get Legion paragon rewards.
    As for BFA, WQs and Mission Table give flat reputation instead of tokens now, that's bad. On other hand, reputations are account wide in 8.1, so I assume all alts start at exalted, that's good. I will farm them regardless but I really hope for some bad luck protection currency.

I think a fair thing for the rep boxes would be an extra bonus roll token, or something that isn't obnoxiously rare and mounty.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nothing cosmetic, for the love of god.

Just shove 2500 Azerite as the Paragon reward. Boom, it’s a huge chunk so people will bother with them.
    No I won't. There's no point in hardcore farming AP, because of catch up mechanics. I learned my lesson with that last expansion. If you hardcore grind AP you're still only gonna be 1 or 2 neck levels above the raid logger.

Personally i would prefer them not to do the paragon cashe again. But this is blizzard we are talking about. Chances are it will happen and they will contain a small amount of gold and ap and a 0.01% chance for a mount.

Please, no fucking mounts from paragon boxes.

Have it reward AP for the suckers who want to grind WQs 24/7, I've had my share after a year of Broken Isles/Argus grinding to make sure I got every mount before BfA came out.
    Yes, I suck all the AP. I'm an AP vacuum machine. A true AP sucker. I suck without constraint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No one is forcing you to. Cosmetic rewards aren't a necessity. I hope they add a couple mounts per faction's Paragon Box.
    So them not forcing me to makes the system not shitty?

Kek.

So them not forcing me to makes the system not shitty?

Kek.
    Absolutely right. Not everything in this game should be easily obtainable.

Deleted
    Absolutely right. Not everything in this game should be easily obtainable.

....Did you...

Did you just claim Paragon caches are difficult to get?

And I thought I'd seen everything on this forum.

On the ignore list you go. Can't risk the chance of accidentally running into another one of your posts. I reckon too much exposure to them will give me cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No I won't. There's no point in hardcore farming AP, because of catch up mechanics. I learned my lesson with that last expansion. If you hardcore grind AP you're still only gonna be 1 or 2 neck levels above the raid logger.
    Yeah but those whining that reputations have an end will be able to grind till they drop without having anything of actual cosmetic value stuck in those damn boxes.

No more mount rewards, thank you. Pets, rep tokens, ap, whatever... just not mounts, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paragon mounts was the absolute biggest reason I hated Legion so much.

Enough with the heavy grinds, especially with RNG tied to them.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

The devs already said there won't be mounts in the caches, so we're safe there, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Took me over 100 Nightfallen boxes to get the rug. Moment of silence for those still trying to get Legion paragon rewards.
    As for BFA, WQs and Mission Table give flat reputation instead of tokens now, that's bad. On other hand, reputations are account wide in 8.1, so I assume all alts start at exalted, that's good. I will farm them regardless but I really hope for some bad luck protection currency.
    Reputations are NOT account wide (if only!), just the count of Exalted reputations is. Designed to eliminate the need to re-grind reputations so all your Exalteds are on one character, which is itself a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sadly, I feel like it's gonna be a Paragon rep mount.

Because that's fun, having to jump back on the treadmill after reaching exalted for the tiniest chance at an actually cool mount.

from 9:51
    Q: "Do you think that we can see a system like the paragon rep cache with mount rewards continued with the new factions we're going to encounter in BfA?"
    A: "For sure. We want to continue with the paragon treasure box system. I think we are going to pull back a little bit from having low drop rate mounts on them that ended up feeling a little bit bad..."

Either it means while we will see mounts from these caches, the mounts will have fairly high drop chance, or they just won't risk to pull another one of that at all, which I would prefer.
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-09-26 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post

from 9:51
    Q: "Do you think that we can see a system like the paragon rep cache with mount rewards continued with the new factions we're going to encounter in BfA?"
    A: "For sure. We want to continue with the paragon treasure box system. I think we are going to pull back a little bit from having low drop rate mounts on them that ended up feeling a little bit bad..."

Either it means while we will see mounts from these caches, the mounts will have fairly high drop chance, or they just won't risk to pull another one of that at all, which I would prefer.
    I would be relieved if they change the Paragon cache system up to make it feel more rewarding (instead of RNG upon RNG upon RNG), or just giving the Bee mount a different source. The Horde frog mount isn't in yet, either.