Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    It's as if people just want to be handed collectible items or something. The game has plenty of things that can be specifically targeted/grinded for, and additionally plenty of things that are luck-based. Both of these usually also require some dedication or perseverance, and while RNG can be frustrating at times, some grinds can be frustrating as well even when you know exactly where the goalposts are, such as the Argent Tournament, Ravenholdt's junkbox collecting (and turning them in), and Talon's Vengeance rep as well.

To get back on-topic, I'd expect most if not all mounts from paragon rewards (if any) to be recolors, with maybe one being something more distinct/unique. That was the case in Legion, with the storm drake from Valarjar being the one 'exception' I'm thinking of (even though that was essentially just a recolored drake as well). Horses for the Alliance, dinosaurs for the Horde, and a probably aquatic/sea turtle mount from Tortollans. I can't really think of one that I'd personally be satisfied with for Champions, though. Maybe a ram made of diamond, like Magni? Blizzard could even write in its description that it's Magni's actual mount, with some handwaving explaining how it somehow turned to diamond like its master.

Pets and toys are definitely possible as well and would probably be the reward from several of the factions. Most things that are suitable as mounts could also be downscaled to pet-size, with a few more possibilities as well. A wicker construct for instance from Order of Embers; perhaps a siren from Proudmoore Admiralty? Toys could be just about anything, and I can't really think of anything myself as to what those might do.
    It's not about getting free handouts. It's about having bad luck. I only got all vanity items from Legion's paragon caches because I have been focussing these on multiple characters every single fucking time the emissary was up, which has been up to 12 characters and some times even more, and getting my hands on all reputation tokens I could get from OH missions. One friend of mine still does not have all mounts despite being active the whole Legion expansion and running the emissaries from Legion even now. Having layers of RNG on top of time investment is a very bad reward design. You either have a lottery or a time schedule to work to a goal, but you should not mix both.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    cherry on top of all the bad designs already plaguing this xpac
    Except Paragon Caches were actually one of the good things from Legion that they abandoned

Deleted
    As a guy, who is farming Legion paragon mounts NONSTOP since 7.3 until now and only have 3/8 mounts, let me say this.

I don't mind more mounts - make it worthwhile farming. I don't wanna grind tons of useless reps for a toy. Or the reward Argussian Reach paragon has (it's a shitty follower equipment item btw). I wanna grind for a mount, a transmog set, a transmog weapon, a unique pet.

BUT, and please, please Blizzard, make it less than 10K rep. 10K is soooooo much to grind for a 1% chance on a mount. Make it 1% drop and 2K rep. Or make it 10K rep and 5% drop.

Make it more fair, and less time consuming. I am so sick of those stupid Broken Isles WQs.

EDIT: MAKE THEM OPENABLE. i WANT A CACHE. a CHEST. a SATCHEL. a CRATE. a CONTAINER. SOMETHING I CAN CLICK ON, I AM NOT A BABBY, YOU DON'T NEED TO OPEN MY CHEST FOR ME, FFS BLIZZARD LET ME OPEN THOSE CHESTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Noram54 View Post
    Except Paragon Caches were actually one of the good things from Legion that they abandoned
    They're coming back, just wait.

They're definitely coming back, just either without mount rewards or with high-droprate mounts. I'd be fine with either one.

With the recent Azerite Armor obtain method update, I sure wish Paragon cache will contain 1 piece of Azerite Armor, together with other wacky Mount/Tmog thingy they plan to include.

Only a mount is worth doing paragon chests for.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Only a mount is worth doing paragon chests for.
    I certainly agree, but that isn't the point. If you were designing a game like WoW, would you want players to feel forced to grind WQs long past the point they enjoy them? I wouldn't.

But at the same time, WQs are a major component of the game now. Once you max out the gear and reputation available, there's really no point to doing them. AP and gold rewards are tiny, only the hardest core would bother. They can't afford to give better gear than the current patch catchup, so that leaves rep. Once rep continues to have some sustained value, players don't feel like they're totally wasting their time doing the day's emissary. So you can do emissaries if you want and get meaningfully rewarded for it, but nobody's holding a gun to your head. That's super important.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I certainly agree, but that isn't the point. If you were designing a game like WoW, would you want players to feel forced to grind WQs long past the point they enjoy them? I wouldn't.
    You're "forced" to do world quests for mounts in the same way you're "forced" to farm old raids for mounts. I'm surprised there is such a widespread opinion like this around paragon chests.

You know very well that tons of people feel compelled to do them. Lets not dance around the meaning of the word forced, please. And it would be lovely if you could stop yourself from responding with "then those losers should get out more and get a girlfriend".

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I've read your post, but this is the part I want to specifically touch upon.

I've played Legion since day one, up untill the very last few seconds of it (I was doing the mage tower when the realms went down). I still haven't gotten the Valarjar mount, which is the one I wanted the most. I've got numerous duplicates of paragon chest mounts, but I've never felt forced to do any of them. I'm sure there are players who feel "forced" to do them, especially completionists and mount collectors, but then again, this kind of playerbase will always feel forced to do whatever is implemented because collectable things compel them to do certain types of content. Appart from these players, there's a great number of other players - including me - who don't feel like doing world quests unless there's a chance at getting a compelling reward out of them. I might get it and I might not; if I don't, I'll be a bit disappointed, but if I do, it'll be great.

It'll be hard, if not outright impossible, for them to find an acceptable medium inbetween all of this. There'll always be someone disappointed or annoyed by whatever the paragon chests have to offer.

Welp, that just reaffirms I'll never return to WoW, after being a stoic defender of it prior to Legion since TBC.

Blizzard's hard-on of trying their best to inflate the logged in times of players by such F2P tactics is beyond sickening.

Targeting and exploiting the player's compulsion? Fuck em.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-10-07 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Welp, that just reaffirms I'll never return to WoW, after being a stoic defender of it prior to Legion since TBC.

Blizzard's hard-on of trying their best to inflate the logged in times of players by such F2P tactics is beyond sickening.

Targeting and exploiting the player's compulsion? Fuck em.
    too much to do? not enough to do? not enough rewards? too many rewards?

fucking playerbase needs to make up its mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It'll be hard, if not outright impossible, for them to find an acceptable medium inbetween all of this. There'll always be someone disappointed or annoyed by whatever the paragon chests have to offer.
    In every such situation, it's better to err on the side of allowing players to skip grinding stuff they don't enjoy. You risk players getting bored with nothing to do, but isn't that better than actively pissing them off?

I mean, as a player, I certainly think so. Possibly Activision has a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    They're coming back, just wait.
    They're coming back but blizzard specifically said they won't put mounts, toys, or pets in them because then people felt they were "mandatory."
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

As long as there aren't mounts in them, that's fine.

Alternatively, add a mount but make it guaranteed on the, at most, tenth time. Otherwise all they should have is a nice chunk of gold and AP.

There no point to adding paragon rewards if they add no mounts or mounts with a high drop rate. It would be a waste of time to do anything else. The people asking to nerf the drop rate are the same cancerous people that ruin everything else.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There no point to adding paragon rewards if they add no mounts or mounts with a high drop rate. It would be a waste of time to do anything else. The people asking to nerf the drop rate are the same cancerous people that ruin everything else.
    I can imagine loads of rewards that would make paragon chests worth going for other than mounts with riduculously low drop rates. Even something as basic as giving heroic raid ilvl items, or just items from the raid itself, like during the timewalking weeks. Mog items with unique looks. Titles. They could get creative too, why not add raid consumables like flasks into those chests. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

The whole point is, no one should be forced to get a paragon chest from each faction more than like 10 times, after that it's just silly. And presently we have people with 60 chests opened and still no mount from a faction. I hope you don't believe this is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I don't want them to contain mounts, ESPECIALLY not the Bee mount.

Resources, crafting materials, gear, reputation tokens that are BOA...
    Exactly.

Feels so weird to have réputation rewards from missions when I'm exalted everywhere and nothing happens.
    Odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Kill it with fire!
    You are my hero.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn