Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

should heroine be legal?

Everybody wants drugs like marijuana to be legal. Where should we stop on legalizing drugs? Should heroine or crack be legal too?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Everybody wants drugs like marijuana to be legal. Where should we stop on legalizing drugs? Should heroine or crack be legal too?
    How many deaths from overdosing on Marijuana

Now how many for the other two?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Where should we stop on legalizing drugs?
    Weed. That is where. Not rocket science. Has uses in the medical field and isn't addictive. Not sure what point you're attempting to make, if any at all given how outlandish the question is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The greenlight the FDA gave for opioids is already coming back to bite them in the ass. Oh...heroine?
    That's different:

Weed is where we stop. Would actually help with the pill popping opioid epidemic we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroines are legal, as long as they don't break the law.

Yes, heroin should be legal.

How many non-heroin users are going to start using heroin if it were legalized tomorrow?
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Deleted
    all drugs should be decriminalised and in some cases legalised.

drugs should be a public health issue like smoking, not a criminal issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Weed. That is where. Not rocket science. Has uses in the medical field and isn't addictive. Not sure what point you're attempting to make, if any at all given how outlandish the question is.
    I'd support legalizing and regulating it like any other drug.

I believe it was Amsterdam that started a program of even providing (Heroin?) for free while supervised for documented addicts.

I know, it sounds absurd... and that was my first response, but there's a point where the economics are simply better.

How much money is spent on drug-related crimes every year ? Sales, Distribution, Junkies trying to scrape up funds.... wouldn't it be nice if you could just sweep 90% of these problems under the rug ?

#Hamsterdam

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there are laws like "don't shoot up and drive" then yeah sure.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I believe it was Amsterdam that started a program of even providing (Heroin?) for free while supervised for documented addicts.

I know, it sounds absurd... and that was my first response, but there's a point where the economics are simply better.

How much money is spent on drug-related crimes every year ? Sales, Distribution, Junkies trying to scrape up funds.... wouldn't it be nice if you could just sweep 90% of these problems under the rug ?
    The idea actually originated in Switzerland, but the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, and now Canada have copied the idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin-assisted_treatment
    Last edited by Masark; 2018-09-18 at 12:50 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Glad to see the lesson of opiod use is being flat out dismissed...because we need more people dying to drugs since they are obviously too stupid to live anyway.

I mean, crime and murder over drugs is insane. People aren't gonna be like "oh heroin is legal now, let's try some", no more than they would now when it isn't legal.

Well if that line gets crossed, then what's next? Pedophilia?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Weed is where we stop. Would actually help with the pill popping opioid epidemic we have now.
    Hardly. Weed is a pain killer, but it's nowhere near as powerful as opioids. People with severe acute pains are going to keep popping prozacs and turning to black tar to get high.

Should heroin be legal? No. I know it makes an oddly attractive argument to say we should simply de-illegalize all drugs and let people sort it out for themselves and there IS MERIT IN THIS POINT for as ridiculous as it sounds to most people. But America has very deep rooted social and industry issues (corrupt big pharma) that won't be solved by making drugs legal. What we need to do is restrict how freely and how liberally patients are given addictive painkillers.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2018-09-18 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well if that line gets crossed, then what's next? Pedophilia?
    You're comparing pedophilia to a victimless crime ? Really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    You're comparing pedophilia to a victimless crime ? Really ?
    Well opiods was already dismissed.
    ...never fucking learn no matter how many dead bodies there are...

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Yes, heroin should be legal.

How many non-heroin users are going to start using heroin if it were legalized tomorrow?
    Considering it's heavily addictive, easy to produce and literally fucking everywhere: probably a lot. If it's made legal then it'll be even further spread and with even less scrutiny to where it travels. Kids'll get fucking addicted to it after one hit at a party. It's a highly addicting drug and it ruins millions of people's lives because it's so hard to stop doing. I'm currently living in New England in an area that is at the peak/ground zero of the opioid epidemic and the damage heroin has done is unspeakable. Everyone knows someone who has OD'd at least once.