Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I just think Mythic Raid boss kills should give you A LOT of score and not just dungeons, because a lot of players just go every week for the +10 but are pretty good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasting Journey View Post
    Gear is meaningless below 380 now. Welcome to the new norms.
    Doesn't matter. Even in Legion if you out geared the rest of the M+ team, they wouldn't take you for you had no M+ progression.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doesn't matter. Even in Legion if you out geared the rest of the M+ team, they wouldn't take you for you had no M+ progression.
    Well... yes that was the point I was making. Gear was made meaningless so now we have the need experience to get experience in wow.

Don't really care about it either way. *shrug* Pugs are cancerous, so I tend to avoid them entirely.

Deleted
    I mean in legion people laughed at me for having a low score, now the same people can barely get above 1k while I sit comfortably at realm #1 m+ score.

However, I don't actually care about raider.io scores, I'd never pug valuable content, and a +10 is hardly valuable when it's so easy to farm. so personally I have no use for it other than shoving it down the throat of people with lower score than me.

People don't want to be judged on their gear.

People don't want to be judged on their achievements.

If using radier.io or ilvl is shitty, what metric should be used? Not everyone with a 900+ score is great, but in my experience they're sure as hell less likely to fuck up my +10 with idiotic shit than some 400 guy who almost timed a +5.

The problem with Raider.io is it's cancer.

Do you raid most weekdays and enjoy doing M+ on weekends? Get fucked, raider.io only looks at leaderboards, which means if you don't run on a Tuesday your run won't be counted for your score 9/10 times unless you invite and carry someone from a dead realm.

Do you play on a high pop realm and run keys with your guildies? Get fucked, raider.io only looks at leaderboards, which means unless you're pushing a super high key in time your run won't even count.

Do you not enjoy doing certain dungeons or don't need to do them since they have no drops for your class/spec? Get fucked, raider.io aggregates your score for all dungeons, so it will be lower if you ignore certain keys.

The worst thing is, raider.io actually records ALL runs you do, but they choose to calculate the score in this asinine way for...reasons?
    Last edited by Farabee; 2018-09-19 at 02:23 PM.

Never used it. I create my own mythics or go with guildies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    As long as it's used for high keys, it's a great tool. BUT knowing the WoW community, it might start being used for +3s too...
    Oh it’ll be used for everything non-queable. People are already using it for the snorefest world bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Legion I did a crap tonne of M+'s before Nighthold even came out, I continued doing them when Nighthold eventually came out but eventually took a break, skipped ToS and came back for Argus. At this point everyone and their mother had the addon, I personally didn't even know what it was and installed it. I had no score despite busting my ass off doing M+ at the start of Legion. Welp, guess I'm just a casual bad player that has no experience running dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    The problem with Raider.io is it's cancer.

Do you raid most weekdays and enjoy doing M+ on weekends? Get fucked, raider.io only looks at leaderboards, which means if you don't run on a Tuesday your run won't be counted for your score 9/10 times unless you invite and carry someone from a dead realm.

Do you play on a high pop realm and run keys with your guildies? Get fucked, raider.io only looks at leaderboards, which means unless you're pushing a super high key in time your run won't even count.

Do you not enjoy doing certain dungeons or don't need to do them since they have no drops for your class/spec? Get fucked, raider.io aggregates your score for all dungeons, so it will be lower if you ignore certain keys.

The worst thing is, raider.io actually records ALL runs you do, but they choose to calculate the score in this asinine way for...reasons?
    Also this. Why would I run Tol Dagor or Temple of Seth? I hate the place, they barely drop anything relevant for me and even on a normal Mythic people are too clueless on what to do on the 3rd boss on Temple and final boss in Tol Dagor, I don't even want to know how it must be on a M+.

The other problem is welfare epics. You can barely know who's a decent player or who's not, I'm around 10 ilvl's higher than my friend now who has been really unlucky with gear, and even this far into the expansion he's still stuck with blue warglaives. He's a good player, knows his class, knows the dungeons, but because of his gear and relatively low score I can barely even do M+'s with him unless we make our own group.

It's just another addon to exclude people, no matter their skill, whether they took a break or what their item level is. But I still use the addon because I'm pretty much forced to. I've seen complete shitters wipe and wipe and wipe on the 1st boss in King's Rest because they're completely clueless, but because they got carried in a +10 they've got a high score, and it obviously means they're competent players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Oh it’ll be used for everything non-queable. People are already using it for the snorefest world bosses.
    This has got to be a joke.
    Last edited by Sainur; 2018-09-19 at 02:44 PM.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    In Legion I did a crap tonne of M+'s before Nighthold even came out, I continued doing them when Nighthold eventually came out but eventually took a break, skipped ToS and came back for Argus. At this point everyone and their mother had the addon, I personally didn't even know what it was and installed it. I had no score despite busting my ass off doing M+ at the start of Legion. Welp, guess I'm just a casual bad player that has no experience running dungeons.
    Same scenario here. I pushed 15 keys when 895 was the ilvl cap, and most people pushing cutting edge content were rocking around 890 tops. My Keystone Master has a date of early December 2016 on it, well before Nighthold was released. You can imagine my surprise after taking a break for a few months, coming back and re-gearing to be denied for groups for simple +10s based on this bullshit add-on.

I dont use Raider.io but I get why people do. Im not looking to push higher and higher keys. Im 349 on my main at the moment and thats just from the odd wq and m0s. Havnt even run Uldir yet so im not sure if they're using this for pugs. The highest id even want to do is a 10 eventually but im not in a hurry to do so. So far to me all the dungeons are total duds with some being outright cancer inducing (crotchrot and shrine come to mind).

My biggest issue I have is that it emphasizes and by its design encourages people to go by overall score when people should be more concerned with the dungeon they want to run. If you don’t like a few dungeons you just might not run them much and unless you do them on a high key that means your score is going to be a lot lower even if you do other dungeons at a very high level. Also the updatin on the add on seems to really suck, showing people wrong scores all the time even after updating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Also the updatin on the add on seems to really suck, showing people wrong scores all the time even after updating.
    I was stuck with a "+4" as my best run for a good week, even though I did Motherlode +8 within the time limit.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I think it's fairly useful, especially if you pug more difficult content like I often do. I had an issue with it updating for a while though. I was stuck at 200 something even though I was like 570. It also definitely has a natural bias towards stronger/ more in demand specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Personally I like it since it shows instantly what mythics someone has done if you're pugging. So you can pick someone thats more experienced. Alot of people seem to really hate it thouhg since it's like gearscore addon 2.0.
    And then people are complaining about the declining social part of the game. No one talks, making friends etc. When tools like these are created to filter out people in order to help the user to find the people with the best numbers to help them to get their loot or whatever for the day or week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    And then people are complaining about the declining social part of the game. No one talks, making friends etc. When tools like these are created to filter out people in order to help the user to find the people with the best numbers to help them to get their loot or whatever for the day or week.
    Are you trying to link raider.io with the inability of people to interact in game? That's a pretty thin statement to make. I would be willing to wager that players with higher scores tend to communicate more with their group than their opposite counterpart. Not to mention if you have a good run people inside the raider.io community will be more accepting to add players to their friends list since it is difficult to find decent players who can push keys.

It's fucking annoying is what it is. Need 500 points to get into a +8 Tol Dagor when I've done a +7 TD on time and have 360 ilvl?

Guess I'll go do Temple of fucking Sethraliss to raise my score because I only have +2 in that cancer of a dungeon. Most of my mythic+ last week was me doing various dungeons I don't need just to raise my score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The addon is dumb because it rewards grinding not skill. 10's weren't that hard to run even last week, in a few weeks they will be faceroll. At that point it just becomes who has more time to grind pointless dungeons like it was in later Legion. I knew 4000+ players who were absolute bots when it came to mythic raids but 15-20 keys were basically free at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you are aware that it's just ONE aspect of judging someone's skills/experiences. I've been in runs where the entire group was 800+ and we still failed the key because everyone had their own way of doing shit and it clashed with everyone else.

I'd suggest raider.io AND discord if you really want to pug keys. I'd say discord (or any verbal communication system) is much better than raider.io when it comes to successfully pugging keys.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama