Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I thought you just had to click affliction and you were top dps? Why discord?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    Sorry, I meant other classes. Failure of clarification on my part.
    The dk one is a great example. It used to have well maintained google docs, now it is quite literally links to wowhead and icyveins for the resources.
    Well, it pretty much depends on class. Each class has its own resource considered decent. For some Icy is ok.

The Hunter Icy Veins section is good for example, its managed by the same guy who does most of the theory crafting for, idk many years (Azothorian or something like that)

But yes, the forum has gone to shit, I rarely visit or post anything here anymore.
    The fact that many people dislike Gaidax is no suprise for me when I look at their post history.
    He is one of the few who talkes sense here, but is disliked by many bc he does not agree with them or calls out their stupidity.

I often would say the same thing that he says, but I'm just to lazy to respond to people who can't research or think for like 1min for themselves.

TLDR:
    Go Discord, read the FAQ/Pins.

Warlock discord has always been one of the better ones, with that being said (much like the other discords) you have to take advice with a grain of salt, unless it's coming from a proven, reputable source. I've dipped in some since coming back and seen... not very good advice being given. Still the best place to talk about the class openly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    . Still the best place to talk about the class openly, though.
    Yeah I think so too, especially since responses are immediate. There's lots of good info there and your right, as long as you're taking the advice of those who have a reputation, it's solid info.

Thumbs up this 1000000x this

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I actually really miss elitist jerks. I thought their no nonsense was great. They actually had expectations and enforced them pretty well.
    Say it louder for the people in the back

Quote Originally Posted by Crutches View Post
    Say it louder for the people in the back
    lol. IKR!

I think it takes a lot of time/effort to enforce this stuff; I mean I'm guessing it does. So I don't blame lock discord mods for how the convos go; they're busy people. And a place like MMO-C i think just wants the clicks/population for $$$$ so they let crap fly all the time (watch me get an infraction for this).

But ya I miss EJ so much. I also miss how finely tuned the crafting was. I get that it's a diff time/xpac/mechanics/stats all that. But dang that theorycrafting detail was so fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    lol. IKR!

I think it takes a lot of time/effort to enforce this stuff; I mean I'm guessing it does. So I don't blame lock discord mods for how the convos go; they're busy people. And a place like MMO-C i think just wants the clicks/population for $$$$ so they let crap fly all the time (watch me get an infraction for this).

But ya I miss EJ so much. I also miss how finely tuned the crafting was. I get that it's a diff time/xpac/mechanics/stats all that. But dang that theorycrafting detail was so fine.
    I think EJ was WAY too strict, but it was certainly better than this shitfest here. These are like polar opposites that and ... this thing here.

Discord improved quite a bit with some people who should have never been moderators soft-demoted. It's not ideal, but sure beats this shithole here anytime, simply because much of the bullshit here won't fly the moment serious talk begins.

I use it and have found that most of my stupid questions are answered without issue. It's a useful, quick-feedback tool and I enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think EJ was WAY too strict....

Discord improved quite a bit with some people who should have never been moderators soft-demoted. It's not ideal, but sure beats this shithole here anytime, simply because much of the bullshit here won't fly the moment serious talk begins.
    Yeah i was crazy strict; so much so that I thought long and hard before posting any questions there. And I made sure to read every post out of fear of asking a question already asked.

I agree Discord does seem to be a bit better and for me the big tipping point of why Discord>MMO-C is because the allowed stupidity has at least some threshold and then bans go out. I've seen it, which I appreciated. And nothing compares to the quick feedback one can get (as far as I know).

I thought icy veins was maintained by Xyronic. Nope. They're still saying never to take Writhe in Agony along with suggesting Grimoire of Sacrifice and Creeping Death. No wonder I see so many warlocks in my pugs doing terrible damage.

LOSS is the place to go. It's constantly updated.

LOSS is great. CotBH is great. Blood Mallet is great for ST stuff. I don't actually know why I visit these forums...I think just out of habit after reading up on changes, I click here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think EJ was WAY too strict
    I thought it was perfect, there were other places to ask dumb questions / socialize, that left EJ as a nice, pristine source for theorycrafting and going to a place to mostly read what people who knew better than you were posting.

It was rare that you couldn't find the answers you were looking for, at least during EJs high point. It dropped off massively around MOP iirc, which was when we were lucky enough to have some solid players start making guides / regular posts on mmoc / other top end players like Sparkuggz being super helpful on his stream / youtube channel.

Discords format just doesn't fit the way I like to read things - main chat is far too fast paced and unfiltered, I like topics and the ability to write / read an essay - Discord only really covers that in the pins.

Discord should never be turned into EJ, it's the wrong format - but man do I prefer what EJ was before it withered.

Do I use the Discord? I've joined the Lock, DH and Druid channels but I don't use them, or if I do, it's just to check the pinned information.

I frequent Lockonestopshop for all my Warlock information.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

I never really had a problem with the lock discord with the exception of that autistic neckbeard Zetty but I just put him on ignore

If you really wanna see a shitty discord look at the ret one even after the supposed "purge"