Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Limit used a Resto Shaman in all their kills. I dont see how Resto can possibly be bad if a top 3 guild in the WORLD is using one.
    I don't understand why people look at World firsts as validation on whether a class is viable or not viable. This isn't direct at you just more of me talking out loud, the World first race is not how 99% of people play WoW that I just honestly don't find it relevant in anyway. I dont look at the roster and be like, welp, XYZ class is trash because this one guild didnt use it while playing WoW in a way at 99% of the player base doesn't.

Limit used a Resto Shaman in all their kills. I dont see how Resto can possibly be bad if a top 3 guild in the WORLD is using one.
    Utility + Mastery. Shamans in raids are not bad. The main problems are in 5 man content and it gets worse when your group consists of ranged DPS because Healing Rain, Chain Heal etc. all become worse.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

What I don't understand is why are they so damn worried about PVP? Wild guess, but what maybe 10-15% of people regularly PVP??? Not that it matters. Buff the damn Healing Wave and Healing Surge in PVE content, and make it heal for less in PVP. Why does it have to be equal?? Soooo frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    I don't understand why people look at World firsts as validation on whether a class is viable or not viable. This isn't direct at you just more of me talking out loud, the World first race is not how 99% of people play WoW that I just honestly don't find it relevant in anyway. I dont look at the roster and be like, welp, XYZ class is trash because this one guild didnt use it while playing WoW in a way at 99% of the player base doesn't.
    because if something is good enough for world first race its good enough for everyone.

because if something is good enough for world first race its good enough for everyone.
    Except people doing world first races are 1.) Way beyond the average players skill level and therefore can sub an optimal healer for a sub-optimal healer for the SLT and 2.) World first race /= Average player perception. The biggest problem shamans have right now is the stigma going around that shamans are bad. I see it almost everyday on my shaman. It doesn't matter who does what. Heck, one of Method's arena teams has an enhance shaman, but that doesn't matter. As long as the community at large thinks/feels shamans are shit, we will be treated as such, which we admittedly are in the sense that everyone is better than us at everything.

Shamans bring pretty much nothing (minus SLT for resto) truly unique. Hex is just another polymorph, Earthbind is blizzard with a longer CD, there are a ton of other aoe stuns like cap totem, Mages and hunters have BL/Hero. So shamans have what, Tremor? Which is useful exactly how often? If you mess up on Zek or Zul? So only useful if your group is about to screw up a core fight mechanic, which you better hope doesn't fear you, because you can't use it while feared like you used to. So I get it. Why bring any shaman to a raid if say, a frost mage is vying for that slot as well. You get considerably more dps and pretty much the same utility.

As far as healing goes, Shamans have to do a lot more work (except maybe Hpally?), in my experience, to try and compete with the other healers. Constantly trying to find enough clumped players to use HR on or trying to have enough foresight to know where you are going to need a HR (like Zek during his circles). CH is a dumpster fire that is hardly worth using right now outside of select builds/circumstances (has been my experience at least thus far). So why would you not just bring a MW, Rdruid, or HPriest. They all heal for more, have way better Cd's (minus the anomaly that is SLT), and don't have the super strict limitations RSham have on their healing numbers.

Like I said, for a super top tier, top 3 guild, none of that matters, because they perform at a caliber most of us never will. They don't tend to make the mistakes the average player makes on a regular basis. Thus they can sacrifice some numbers here and there to have access to essentially SLT and I HTT (which I presume they are having their RSham pair with Ascendance for burst healing). Are RSham (or dps) absolutely beyond use? Of course not. I've done plenty of Heroic and M+ content as both enhance and resto and held my own to a decent enough level. But public perception doesn't function that way, and that is unfortunately where Shaman's lay now.

yet people use top guilds rosters to reinforce the points they do want to make. cant have it both ways. its either always invalid or always valid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    If my guild tells me one more time that resto shams are "perfectly fine", I'm keying their cars.
    send them kitty doo-doo's in the mail

Dont' just look at Limit, take a look at the roster of the other guilds running for first world kill, tell me how many resto shamans are there compared to other healers.
    About stacked healing it would be all good if we were really better then everyone else in that scenario but it is not the case, I expect some serious change to resto shaman for 8.1 or i'm rerolling for sure.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Don't worry. Soon they'll remove drums and time warp and you will get your much needed buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxna View Post
    Don't worry. Soon they'll remove drums and time warp and you will get your much needed buff.
    Hunter buff. :P
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    I understand, there are a few fights thats super hard atm on healers especially with the current Mythic + modifiers like making bosses way more damage and hp. So fights like the end dude in Tol dagor is going to be way more annoying aswell as the Lightning dude in Temple of sethraliss. My Point is that shamans are probably not like 10% worse then any other healer. They need a tweak but I hope they do not over do it so every other healer will get overlooked cause shamans already bring alot of fun stuff to mythics already like AoE stuns, Various totems BL etc
    Did you misunderstand what the original post PROVED......

People are not bringing Resto to high end Mythic + or Raids. In some cases not even 1 in raids.

THERE IS MORE THEN A 10% problem, wake up.