Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kinda stupid what happened to the Iron Horde

How the f did they get rekt by a bunch of lightloving spacegoats? Sure we killed a good number of them during WoD, but before that the orcs killed a good number of draenei too. And I would think that with the weaponry the Iron Horde had, and if they started up the ol' foundry again, the draenei (what was left of them) wouldn't stand much of a chance. Even Durotan was apparently killed like a bitch, lol how?

It's nice that Blizzard wants to show "Hey the light can be bad too", but this wasn't really the place for it imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe they explained that some of the mag'har actually joined them, can't really remember what happened, it wasn't that interesting.

We destroyed the Iron Horde and the following Fel Horde abomination, like it usually happens when some Horde gets funny ideas... Besides, a throng of "me smash" axe wielders are nothing against a Naaru set to wipe them out. As we saw at the battle at Karabor when an entire army and fleet were "one shotted".
    You're suggesting that a force of cosmic proportions can't deal with a bunch of barbarians?

The Warcraft Chronicle vol.2 also establishes the technological and magical superiority of the Draenei, they could, if they wanted, subjugate the entire Draenor. Their mistake was not answering the Horde with reciprocal force, but only remained in a defendant position until their strength and numbers were diminished.
    Considering that the Naaru gave the Draenei their aid the only question you can ask is how come any Orcs were left at all, not what happened with something that was ended long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, ANOTHER topic complaining about something. What a surprise.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Obviously the Mag'har story deserves nothing but praise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    How the f did they get rekt by a bunch of lightloving spacegoats? Sure we killed a good number of them during WoD, but before that the orcs killed a good number of draenei too. And I would think that with the weaponry the Iron Horde had, and if they started up the ol' foundry again, the draenei (what was left of them) wouldn't stand much of a chance. Even Durotan was apparently killed like a bitch, lol how?

It's nice that Blizzard wants to show "Hey the light can be bad too", but this wasn't really the place for it imo.
    They should've been left alone in their alternative Draenor and forever forgotten. Instead,they are brought to Azeroth to fight for a foreign planet as a part of a foreign faction.

Deleted

That's not the Iron Horde anymore. The Iron Horde got destroyed by the Alliance and the Horde and the betrayal of Gul'dan.

There wasn't much of an Iron Horde after we left, was there? Grom got most of his army killed the way Garrosh did with Azerothian orcs. Most of the Warlords and their armies got snuffed out by us in raids and dungeons. You have to figure there was only really the Frostwolf Clan left with perhaps most intact numbers assuming their casualties weren't great either between fighting the Iron Horde and then Archimonde, so really, the Iron Horde as we knew it was gone, only Durotan, Grom and Frostwolves left and whatever survivors from all the other clans whose Warchiefs we killed. Hardly an impressive number.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    We destroyed the Iron Horde and the following Fel Horde abomination, like it usually happens when some Horde gets funny ideas... Besides, a throng of "me smash" axe wielders are nothing against a Naaru set to wipe them out. As we saw at the battle at Karabor when an entire army and fleet were "one shotted".
    You're suggesting that a force of cosmic proportions can't deal with a bunch of barbarians?

The Warcraft Chronicle vol.2 also establishes the technological and magical superiority of the Draenei, they could, if they wanted, subjugate the entire Draenor. Their mistake was not answering the Horde with reciprocal force, but only remained in a defendant position until their strength and numbers were diminished.
    Considering that the Naaru gave the Draenei their aid the only question you can ask is how come any Orcs were left at all, not what happened with something that was ended long ago.
    They might have the technological and magical superiority, true. But it's kind of sad they don't even have the intellectual superiority over these "barbarians". It's hilarious how their people got massacred in the original timeline despite having spaceships and wind chimes of mass destruction. But I guess letting your enemies build a road out of the remains of your people is acceptable as long as you can claim moral superiority.

Deleted
    Well, the different Clans had no strong leader figures left, thus no strong goals, plans or agendas. They also fought the demons and as i understood it, the Primals? Looked like they kinda wiped out the Primals pretty much. Or the overdose of the Light on AU Draenor destroyed the Primals and snuffed out their live force. I mean, it should be very hard for plants to survive on a planet whichs literally drys out. On top of that, a lot of Orcs joined the Light(Orcs in Draenei Light Armor. The people who had that idea deserved to be slapped. This looks as grotesk as the Blood Elves in Orc Grunt Armor) And the Draenei got reinforcements consisting of AU Xe'ra, more Naaru und the Lightforged/Army of the Light if i saw and understood that correctly. The Army of the Light of this alternate universe was probably free to do whatever they pleased because the Legion didn't focus on their timeline a lot and after the defeat of the Legion in our MU Main Universe, the Army of the Light and AU Xe'ra were free to follow their other goal besides destroying the Legion: Conquering the Universe for the Light.

So after all these losses from the war against us, the Orcs were in a pretty bad spot i guess. On the other hand.. in 30 years, under strong leadership, a strong race and people like the Orcs, who multiply quite fast, should be able to recover quite well. But oh well, AU Grommash and good leadership don't fit well together. I still hate the story though, all the mix up of the different clans, bah. The AU story was fucked up already, but they managed to fuck the Orcs up even more. Which is impressive indeed.
    Last edited by mmoc032dd9efb8; 2018-09-18 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    They didn't get conquered with war, they did by being provided a higher force to follow.

It wasn't up till it was too late, that the mag'har who were left started rising up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    They might have the technological and magical superiority, true. But it's kind of sad they don't even have the intellectual superiority over these "barbarians". It's hilarious how their people got massacred in the original timeline despite having spaceships and wind chimes of mass destruction. But I guess letting your enemies build a road out of the remains of your people is acceptable as long as you can claim moral superiority.
    That's the thing; within the original time-line these "barbarians" had the legion on their side.

Rome, one of the greatest empires ever known, was destroyed by barbarians. Britain, one of the greatest empires ever known, lost to a bunch of farmers in a rebellion. Lordaeron, probably the most powerful Kingdom in Azeroth in that century, who actually defeated those same orcs from the Iron Horde already in the Second War, lost their civilization due to a lack of quality assurance in their food distribution.

The winner is not always the bad ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh... this is your trolliest of troll threads yet.

But I can't help myself.

The Iron Horde was effectively done by the time Gul'dan took it over. So you fast forward 30 years to where the Lightbound are crusading to convert all they can to the Light, and those mag'har orc clans are not the Iron Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    The chronicle describes that, like I said they do not respond appropriately because they can wipe the Orc civilization... And that's the main problem of the "good guys" - they let themselves be the victims and allow people to die to claim moral superiority. It's happening in fiction, it's happening in real life. I certainly do not like it. Just pointing that the Draenei, supported by the Naaru are an overwhelming force over the Orc clans.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

The problem with Draenei is they literally sat on their hands pretty much the entire time and Velen is the main reason for that, as such they stagnated hard and did barely anything noteworthy. Now take away that moderate who keeps them chained and their true nature shines more through, they are a powerful people as their kin attested leading a crusade throughout the cosmos, now they will do the same yet for the "right side".

Look, another cutting remark trying to show people how little they care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

5+ Year Old Account
    How the f did they get rekt by a bunch of lightloving spacegoats?
    Because they are as relentless with the Light and forcing it down people's throats as Eredar were with the fel. They should never have any trouble destroying the orcs when they go on the offencive, the problem was they sat on their ass praying until it was too late. Something all Alliance races seem to do, like the shitty night elves.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Obviously the Mag'har story deserves nothing but praise.
    This isn't about the Maghar Orcs, but about the Iron Horde only... or maybe it is about them?

And I mean this Topic is a shitpost for 2 reasons:
    1. OP is creating shitposts daily on this forum (I don't want to encourage him or whatever, but he's kinda good at baiting People). He has a history of creating dumb threads, kinda surprises me that some people still haven't figured it out.
    2. He isn't saying anything new. That the WoD Story and the fate of the Iron Horde was pretty stupid is a Topic that's been discussed a Billion times already, especially during WoD. What's the Point of bringing it up yet again in BfA?

Exhibit A: Iron Horde getting rekt by lightloving spacegoats.

How the f did they get rekt by a bunch of lightloving spacegoats?
    Who says Draenor orcs was "owned" instead of just joined movement they themselves deemed much more honorable than their previous savage life? Frothing paranoid fucktard bitch of a leader, that insist on executing you player character several times as you talk to her? How do you know she's not just deluded from extreme butthurt about nobody wanting to follow her?

I see it like all the good orcs are now Lightbound, and Horde gets a few remaining irredeemable bloodthirsty rejects.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2018-09-18 at 11:48 PM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.