Poll: Favorite 'PvP' era

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which xpac's Iteration of PvP did you like the most?

Just wanna know your favorite pvp iterations
    Personally, I liked MoP the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

BFA because i've never had so much fun in World PvP and I like the PvP Talent system and the Assassin system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Just wanna know your favorite pvp iterations
    Personally, I liked MoP the most.
    Interestingly enough, MoP did feel very PVP for me. It was the first time in the history of all wow expansions I decided to not raid, a sentiment I carried for the first two tiers. I believe there were external factors that drove that decision for me. Not trying to name drop, but Reckful coming to streaming, I specifically remember him starting a warrior that tier, really inspired me and I think a lot of people that the pvp world was alive. Of course it wasn't just reckful, he had a whole host of friends/pro pvp players actively playing with him and communicating through the stream. Now, to the game play... MoP was actually really fun to me. I rolled a warrior, and I felt so OP on the character. You had all kinds of charges, banners, second wind, etc.. My subjective view on the matter, the beginning of MoP was some of the most fun PVP I had. I lost all will to PVP in legion, so I have to rate legion the worst. Again this is subjective, there are factors going into that decision that are not objective measures like balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    BFA because i've never had so much fun in World PvP and I like the PvP Talent system and the Assassin system as well.
    Before I xfered to alliance like 2 weeks ago I was horde and I 100% agree with you.
    But as an alliance... screw warmode. Theres like 20 horde for every 1 alliance :|

MoP was probably best, which makes it even more baffling as to why they change shit every expansion as if the previous system wasn't working.

PvP Power and PvP resilience made gear feel valuable and made lower ilvl gear competitive with mythic gear. Time to kill was perfect, taking about 5 or 6 globals to kill someone, less with CDs (which made CDs feel useful).

The gearing system worked fine and catchup existed so players who were behind could grind out the gear in the, keyword, SAME amount of time it took me.

Healers didn't feel totally fucking invincible back then, and it was better for it.

Thats not to rag on Wrath or Cata or BC, but MoP just felt like the most reasonable compromise between players who want gear advantages and bads with greens who get 1 shot. Sadly with BFA Blizzard has catered to the whiners, implemented templates (disguised as "scaling") and given green wearing fresh 120s power they haven't earned.

MoP by far. PVP balance was probably the best its ever been(IMO), and the gearing system was great. Reforging allowed for a lot of choice as well. And gemming was nice, being able to decide if u wanted to go for extra resil, pvp power, primary stat, etc I felt the game had the most freedom of choice and variability to play styles without anything being too OP. Also I liked that gear was accessible to all, I personally believe that everybody should have access to the same gear(at least ILVL) regardless of rating/skill. Then pvp is an even playing field. The reward for higher ratings/skills was transmogs and special recolors/enchants, and also you got the gear faster.

Lemme be clear tho I hated templates. I just think allowing people who are higher rated to have better weapons/gear sort of goes against the philosophy of competitive gameplay. Like in a shooter everybody's M16 is the same...its just how good you are with it that determines the victor.

That being said I have also been 2200+ many seasons so I have been on side that outgears and stomps people, and although its fun...for rated pvp I think everybody should have access to the same ilvl equipment, even if it it takes a bit more time for some that others.

Deleted
    Definitely MoP, it only had that little Second Wind/Conversion/Spirit Bond healing problem, and outside of instances, PvP was quite a mess.

Burst was reduced, but it was still a thing.

Some cooldowns were moved into talents and pruned a little, but every class still had a lot of them.

Weapons and armor no longer required rating, they also did the Conquest catch-up then, so if you missed a week, it was pretty fine and manageable still.

It had the least grindy gearing up ever. You could side-step the whole 'undergeared' part in a day or two just by doing the right PvE stuff, even if some of these farming methods might have been a bit exploit-y. No better expansion to simply try alts and jump into the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    Definitely MoP, it only had that little Second Wind/Conversion/Spirit Bond healing problem, and outside of instances, PvP was quite a mess.

Burst was reduced, but it was still a thing.

Some cooldowns were moved into talents and pruned a little, but every class still had a lot of them.

Weapons and armor no longer required rating, they also did the Conquest catch-up then, so if you missed a week, it was pretty fine and manageable still.

It had the least grindy gearing up ever. You could side-step the whole 'undergeared' part in a day or two just by doing the right PvE stuff, even if some of these farming methods might have been a bit exploit-y. No better expansion to simply try alts and jump into the action.
    I also liked how the acquisition of elite gear
    Felt really good

The main thing I liked about MoP was probably the time to kill.

It didn't feel like it took forever to kill someone, except maybe a warlock, and it didn't feel like you killed them too quickly either.

Gear mattered, but skill was still the main thing effecting outcome.

The elimination of gear as a factor doesn't make PvP more skill-based, but less. With gear advantages non-existant, every BG has just become a clusterfuck where nothing dies.

Deleted
    As a spriest,

Excluding death knights wotlk was pretty good, excluding emfh and everyone being human female wod was pretty good. Legion is the worst experience i've ever had and could not wait till it was finally over. TBC was good too but i didn't pvp as much as i'd like to back then. Rest were decent but wouldn't rave about.

Wrath of the Lich King because Wintergrasp was awesome.

toss up between tbc and wotlk

Deleted
    WOTLK or Cata, I remember at the time moaning about how Cata's PVP couldn't get any worse, but in hindsight I look back fondly over it compared to the iterations that came after - that said, I've also disliked how my favorite spec has played since the MOP revamp and considered WOTLK / Cata to be the high point, so maybe that's just overshadowing pvp design for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP because most classes had a very high skill cap. Duels weren't completely rock paper scissors for the first time. Since every class had good control and sustain, you could pull off some amazing plays in every form of PvP.

I would say it is either MoP or WotLK.

I like WotLK style a little more, but I voted MoP because the gearing system was much better.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Deleted
    I felt that no-one was weak in wrath.. Or maybe i have just forgotten

why people voted more wotlk and not mop?

logic?

i get that dks and paladins were great, but thats about it......1k winter was fail, timless isle were great fun times, pvp power was a great idea, next to reslience, too, class design was at its peak in mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Timeless isle was actually great, I've had so much fun ganking my own faction. The rage was hilarious.

Class design was complete dogshit garbage in MoP though. Every class was literally the same. You had the insta cc button, the insta dot button and the insta proc button.
    you are right, there was too much cc buttons and def cds availible to all classes, but class design was still the best out of all addons so far, look at the revamp of shadow priest(done right, unlike legion shadow priests revamp), demo and destruction locks, ,and druids(copying abilites of other classes), while annoying to have so much cc in arena to deal with, the class design was fresh, exciting and fluent. But for rogues it was a bad class expansion for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Also at the timeless isles i was in stealth and lookd at a ww monk who killed a whole raid(max 3 opponents at once though), without eating/pause in blue hc gear.

There was no scaling, all were at max level and he did this without good gear, he got eventuelly hunt down and cornered by a raid and killed. Very satisfying state of PvP balance, the monk striked hard and got good selfheal, but his victims played rather poorly and got outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    why people voted more wotlk and not mop?

logic?

i get that dks and paladins were great, but thats about it......1k winter was fail, timless isle were great fun times, pvp power was a great idea, next to reslience, too, class design was at its peak in mop.
    Players that didn't / don't do much rated pvp would have voted wotlk. MoP was definitely the best, by far, but ppl that didn't arena look back on wg (which was really fun), and focus on that for what pvp in wrath was.