Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Iam liking these notes but we shall see what actually makes it into the game.

Also i cant wait to see all the Heritage Armour that is something iam glad Blizz is doing and as someone who has every race its certainly something to look forward too.

Wouldn't this be a good time to also implement heirloom token upgrades to 120 like they did in legion? Hopefully somebody can confirm once PTR hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    ........And again Blizzard's Alliance favoritism shinnes through: They get to raid yet another Horde city..

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Since when has death stopped the Darkspear? Perks of having Bwonsamdi as their patron loa. Darkspear never die.
    Oh see, I totally missed that lore point. So, hmm. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    People complaining about THIS amount of content shortly after release is lackluster ...

I'm pretty impressed actually--It was a smart move to come out with details about it sooner then later, though. Their new control over things not leaking is a double edged sword I think. Its great that they're able to keep things as surprises but people were kind of nervous about how long the content playable now was going to be left as-is.

Its funny that they name-dropped story arcs for Tyrande and Vol'jin specifically. Wonder what'll happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Rasta dead for sure, Jania probably pulls a Sephiroth. Which is understandable and kind of expected. Could be wrong, but that is the vision I have of this. Rasta might even die outside raid, ie horde steps in at end of alliance fight, breaks it up/beats it back and then he dies in a cut scene after.

I'm interested to see the implementation of the raid.
    I hope that Jaina doesn't die lore-wise in the raid! That said, I'm really looking forward to finding out what the mechanics of that fight will be. Imagine a Deathwing-esque fight on her ship flying through the air, and a mechanic where the horde team gradually get a filling bar and when its filled, they get possessed by a member of a ghostly crewmember and have to do things like swab the deck or hoist sails or something. Swabbing the deck could clear puddles of aoe mess off the floor!

So many possibilities for awesome stuff to happen :3

And if I were designing that fight, the very end would have a cutscene of her freezing the raid in ice blocks, smack-talking the player character (think of Maeive talking to a fresh demon-hunter character during their starting zone and scratching her fingernail along that green shell-stuff), and then having all of the ice blocks dumped in the sea, then all the blocks wash ashore on some beach and thats where the portal back to Zul'dazar is. If they put in a little footage of just the ocean and waves they could maybe even make it look like the drifting takes awhile in the story.

Ohhh or else wash up on the beach of Zuldazar itself, but it may be more epic if its farther away
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2018-09-19 at 04:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Wow! so hyped for Battle for Darkshore, especially Night Elf and Scourge (Forsaken) theme, just like back in Warcraft 3. And faction raid, man, i was waiting for this so long.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty cool imo!

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    ........And again Blizzard's Alliance favoritism shinnes through: They get to raid yet another Horde city..
    What, you don't expect the tables to turn when we're further into the expansion?
    That's a mistake
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

i like that guy. besides the really good work on raids in earlier xpacs, ion seems to have the balls to stand in front of players, after all that nonsensic shit storms. and it seems they listened to player feedback.

but ofc most ppl also start complaining again (i will not look even in this thread)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I hope that Jaina doesn't die lore-wise in the raid! That said, I'm really looking forward to finding out what the mechanics of that fight will be. Imagine a Deathwing-esque fight on her ship flying through the air, and a mechanic where the horde team gradually get a filling bar and when its filled, they get possessed by a member of a ghostly crewmember and have to do things like swab the deck or hoist sails or something. Swabbing the deck could clear puddles of aoe mess off the floor!

So many possibilities for awesome stuff to happen :3

And if I were designing that fight, the very end would have a cutscene of her freezing the raid in ice blocks, smack-talking the player character (think of Maeive talking to a fresh demon-hunter character during their starting zone and scratching her fingernail along that green shell-stuff), and then having all of the ice blocks dumped in the sea, then all the blocks wash ashore on some beach and thats where the portal back to Zul'dazar is. If they put in a little footage of just the ocean and waves they could maybe even make it look like the drifting takes awhile in the story.

Ohhh or else wash up on the beach of Zuldazar itself, but it may be more epic if its farther away
    So...you want the Horde players to lose even if they complete the encounter, is what I'm getting out of this?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

7+ Year Old Account
    I figured this would happen, you could already see it in Legion.

There's a lot of story to tell, but then there's also the more fast-ish pacing of their content, so the storylines explored per patch are going to be small chunks of things.

I like this the next patch is looking to have a lot of content in it and I'm excited they're showcasing more spotlight on the races that haven't done much since their release rather than focus on Humans/Orcs.

I'm excited to see the Night Elf themed Warfront armors!! That means we're going to get a shit ton of Night Elf themed armors since 4 types will come from the Warfront (along with 3 diff tiers so 12 unique looks) and then on top of that whenever they get around to the heritage armor for Night Elves! (Same for Forsaken + any other race that gets their own Warfront)

Love it, we definitely need more racial flavored armor in the game and this is one of the best ways to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Blood elf heritage armor! I can't wait for it! It's gonna look so good!
    This got me most excited out of all the news for some reason! I hope it's good. Wonder if they'll go for spellbreaker look or something else. I hope we get a shield and weapons too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Was it stated we were getting them in 8.1?
    It wasn't, as far as I'm aware. But they've been overdue since Warlords of Draenor. And the demand has been significant. Last I heard we were promised them during BfA at an unspecified point. It's a shame we didn't even hear an update on the progress though.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Just go to the VOD and check @ 00:25:25 to HEAR him say it.

I'm just assuming people only read the bullet points and don't look at the video. It seemed pretty clear to me the way Ion explained it, but with all the confusion going around I'm starting to think it's me who's the odd one out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    This is pretty cool imo!

What, you don't expect the tables to turn when we're further into the expansion?
    That's a mistake
    Blizzard's blatant Alliance favoritism have been obvious for 20+ years.. I don't expect it to shift any time soon..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It is not a horde city.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciadia View Post
    How about actually bringing some content such as:
    - Unlocking the two new allied races (but nope that is AFTER the raids..)
    - Fixing the fact that alot of people are stuck with Sanguicell/Expulsoms/Hydrocores they can't use for anything
    - Actually make rep account wide, not just fixing an achievement, if not for all reps, then for current exp, why not let alts get items from quartermasters if your main has unlocked the rep.
    - Actually fix/balance the traits, you did 2, there is still 90% garbage choices, and you even nerfed the one from raid gear to the ground, way to obsolete your own content
    - Implement rep gains past exalted like legion, literally nothing to do in-game when you hit exalted, other than the 1-2 raid days, when you don't do mythics (boring content).
    - Giving us P2 for pathfinder to unlock flying
    Not to be picky, but what you mention is not actually 'content'. I mean it is, in a way, but you mention:
    - races - which is basically a cosmetic option that makes you run existing content again, aside from their unlocking questline which is new
    - various fixes and unlocking flying (which does not involve a quest or anything), none of which provide actual content
    You know, content is usually not 'things I want', it's 'things to do'. For example raids, dungeons, quests, battelgrounds, pet battle doungeons; fixes and cosmetics should come ALONG them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallomon View Post
    It is not a horde city.
    Zandalari is an Allied Race, thus it's a Horde city.

And before you say it isn't allied YET, it was planned to be Allied from launch (quote BlizzCon 2017), only to be changed to Mag'har at the last moment. None of the story/lore was changed..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2018-09-19 at 06:52 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    No, King Rastakhan will pop shieldwall and summon his guards and do all sorts of throwing axe attacks. Again, you're a fucking retard if you think there will be anything different between the bosses
    I guess you missed the part about 9 DIFFERENT bosses. 3 neutral, 3,horde, 3 alliance. It's a 9 boss raid, you just fight in a different order depending on faction

@FuxieDK you speak of warcraft 1,2 or even 3? well yes that horde was filled with Mannoroths blood and puppets for the Legion. ofc they had to be put down. you call that alliance favoritism? i call it a natural reactions. they were beasts and still are and they need to be killed.

Blood Elf heritage armour will be made available via a story line that investigates the dead scar, hopefully this means Silvermoon will get a face lift and flight made possible.

Dare to hope... but expecting to be disappointed. It just saves time.