Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Blood Elf Heritage Armor - Your thoughts?

I'm actually super hyped about this, but I do wonder what exactly it will be. Blood elves were one of the few races that didn't really have much in terms of recurring asthetics, besides the fact they like wearing red and gold.

I have a few ideas of what it could be. Either Spellbreaker-like armor:

Or possibly Kael'thas plate:

Personally I'd love the Spellbreaker armor.

Very happy about it, but I need to see it before I can really judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if.

14 year old me will finally get his female druid.

I think the blood elf armor is going to be based on liadrins hearthstone artwork since they added her shield/sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    [IMG]https://images8.alphacoders.com/376/thumb-1920-376667.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/carbotanimations/images/2/2d/BlizzardKael%27thas.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180323225000[IMG]
    That's just paladins t2 in the first one.

-snip

yeah let's give pally tier 2 to everyone.

My guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Only if.

That seems likely to be a transmog set at some point, but I doubt it will be heirloom armor, they probably want something less skimpy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's just paladins t2 in the first one.
    and the shield?

10+ Year Old Account
    and the shield?
    Is unique, but pretty meh.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I think we have enough plate-like heritage armor. Cloth would suit blood elves the best, being as they are mostly about magic. Priests, mages, warlocks and the like.

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally think it'll probably be something like the Spellbreaker or Bloodmage armor combined. I personaly hope it's something that'll look good on both casters and paladins.

I'd love something like this illustration by Blizzard artist Matthew McKeown, though:

Red with gold trim for the default look, black with red trim for Blood Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I think we have enough plate-like heritage armor. Cloth would suit blood elves the best, being as they are mostly about magic. Priests, mages, warlocks and the like.
    This. Blood elves are more than paladins. They were mages first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I personally think it'll probably be something like the Spellbreaker or Bloodmage armor combined. I personaly hope it's something that'll look good on both casters and paladins.

I'd love something like this illustration by Blizzard artist Matthew McKeown, though:

[IMG]https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/007/025/428/large/matthew-mckeown-matthewmckeown-bloodknight.jpg?1503115893[IMG]

Holy shit that's awesome.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

At the same time we just got a set of elves that heritage armour looks like cloth and doesn't suit much of anything BUT casters. Its also very hard to mix match with other gear to create a good look on mail/plate/leather with Nightbourne armour

IMO a mix between Hearthstone Liadrin and Belf Johanna would be sweet; it would be very interesting if Belves get a plate looking heritage set rather than a caster-like one.

IMO there is more Blood Elven looking cloth gear in game than everything else, the sunwell cloth tier still holds up really well, specially with some Nighthold pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Only if.

I'm hopeful at least one of the new Warfront looks will pay homage to this garb if we don't get it as heritage armor, but I'm expecting the later scenario

Is this the opportunity that we finally get spellbreaker gear? I'd hope so.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Well, if you look at the slutty void elf armor, slutty nightborne armor, and slutty night elf armor(which will likely being the heritage gear) then I would assume that blood elves would follow the trend and get slutty armor.

This one is by far the best imo. Possibly just an addition of gold trim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I think the blood elf armor is going to be based on liadrins hearthstone artwork since they added her shield/sword.

This. I hope.

I’d rather it not be a dress/robe.

- - - Updated - - -

That was by a Blizzard artist?! Then this for sure.