Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    1. they can't do after the ending to LoK they have essentially locked themselves out of any further story telling without completely rewriting that.
    Refresh my memory, how did they lock themselves out of further story telling? It's been awhile since I've watched either series (loved them both.)
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

video says it all i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only now am I starting to realize how terribly, horribly right South Park was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc.

They tried to release a live action version of TLA and it sucked horribly. TLA is only good in a cartoon version a live version sucks.

About time the continued the movie series.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

the air nomads were based on the mongols, the fire nation was predominantly based on chinese culture, water tribe based on inuits and the earth kingdom based on 'persia' and the arabian folklore.
    lol, no.
    air nation was Tibetan, earth nation was china, water nation varies depending on the sub tribe but is based on the Inuit for the southern water tribe, the aboriginals in the marsh tribe, and the northern water tribe was a mix of various pacific islander cultures, fire nation was very much imperial Japan with some Han Chinese and eventual Hawaiian influences as shown during Zuko's redemption arc.

the air nomads were based on the mongols, the fire nation was predominantly based on chinese culture, water tribe based on inuits and the earth kingdom based on 'persia' and the arabian folklore.
    hnmm, I kinda tend to agree with wiki article i linked. Tibet seems more likely for Air nation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Only now am I starting to realize how terribly, horribly right South Park was.
    South Park is always ahead of the curve.

With Disney working on its own streaming service Netflix will pretty much take anything now.

I really dont know how live action would work. You need to make fire/earth/air/water bending actually look cool, and short of hiring cique de soleil level dancers to pull off awesome routines I dunno how you do it.

They will likely not do it much and save the CGI for it to make it look cool. But really its a martial art which I bet they will fail to understand and utilize

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Refresh my memory, how did they lock themselves out of further story telling? It's been awhile since I've watched either series (loved them both.)
    I am not sure, the Avatar incarnation cycle is not transferred through kin so Korra being a lesbian doesn't hold that back.

The only (scary) thing about the next Avatar after Korra would be the next one will only have Korra to look upon for guidance thanks to Korra's stupid uncle wanting to be a Dark Avatar. Or was that Zaheer's liquid metal poison that killed the past lives? Ugh, I can't remember.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2018-09-18 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    i'm not sure that they did.

korra did sever the avatar cycle, technically. but she reignited it, meaning she's the first avatar of the new cycle. so it should still continue since the spirit is alive and still inside the avatar, they would just only have korra's spirit to rely on, and none of the ancient avatars.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm not sure that they did.

korra did sever the avatar cycle, technically. but she reignited it, meaning she's the first avatar of the new cycle. so it should still continue since the spirit is alive and still inside the avatar, they would just only have korra's spirit to rely on, and none of the ancient avatars.
    Makes me wonder if a new dark avatar would also cycle as what’s his face dark spirit also linked with a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be worth a good chuckle at least, maybe it will even turn out to be good, but i doubt it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

My usual response is if it isn't taking away from something or putting something on hold, then i have no issue with it. For example, Star Wars. If Lucas was done making movies and stuff, why not let someone else take over. The opposite would be... Dragon Ball Super, Broly's movie is putting a hold on the show which is supposed to return sometime after the movie, so it technically takes away(but we all know that movie is going to be the dopest shit ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Netflix...

You already ruined Bleach, Death Note, and FMA for me...
    How'd they ruin Bleach? I thought that was made by Japan and they are just publishing it here.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2018-09-19 at 04:28 AM.

the air nomads were based on the mongols
    I must have missed the episode where instead of playing air hockey and flying around have a good time, they were also split up into different clans who regularly kill each other or merge to create giant clans lead by a warlord, that must be what aang what training to be and ran away from. And they kill with such efficiency from specialized bow fire from horse back and in such large numbers they wound fill entire moats with corpses. That must be what appa represents right? The giant arrow is like the arrow with a bow? So deep.

One thing I dont quite understand though, mongols werent wiped out like the air tribe was.

Potential upside: The original people are heading it, so there's a better chance to avoid issues from people not familiar with the material helming it.
    A series has a better chance to breathe than cramming multiple arcs into a single movie.

Potential downsides: Special effects driven cartoon can be difficult to translate into live without proper budget management.
    Mentioning racial makeup of cast like that was the reason the first one failed.
    The 1% chance no one learned from past mistakes.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I don't have much confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    My usual response is if it isn't taking away from something or putting something on hold, then i have no issue with it. For example, Star Wars. If Lucas was done making movies and stuff, why not let someone else take over. The opposite would be... Dragon Ball Super, Broly's movie is putting a hold on the show which is supposed to return sometime after the movie, so it technically takes away(but we all know that movie is going to be the dopest shit ever)

How'd they ruin Bleach? I thought that was made by Japan and they are just publishing it here.
    No Anime series should ever go Live Action. FeelsBad.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the show was already a series, and actually pretty good. As well as suitable for child and adult alike, it applied to mnay age ranges, I was 26 when the show aired and I loved it, even got the DvD box sets

When a show can reach out that well, whats the point of remaking it? I know its some of the creators behind the cartoon, but that's 'some' its the type of original creators behind the original that bothers me.

And of course it's Netflix making it, so I assume they will white wash the cast too, I mean Witcher is going to be Americaniszed over Polish culture, so I expect the same treatment. Especially as its a very heavy Asian influenced show with the fire nation being Japanese, the Earth nation being more Chinese as well as the Water Tribe being inuit. this just troubles me is all.

I'm gonna have to stay away from the internet again for a while aint I?
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-19 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    No Anime series should ever go Live Action. FeelsBad.
    I never saw it, but I thought the Japanese live action Death Note was well received.

But I kinda agree, 2 of my favorite series got live action adaptations that were really disappointing, Sun Dome and Prison School

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they already took a show with an entirely non-caucasian cast and shoehorned a black person into it, so i'm not even going to give this a second thought.

all the nations are basically some variation of asian/native american.

but they took death note and made an asian man black, because it's more progressive. don't expect anything different here.
    Didn't that version take place in America? Also, why do you bitch about the black actor being "shoe horned in", but not all the white ones?