Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfwerfisq View Post
    who cares about raiding..

resto shamans are so bad in m+, why won't they just put out a massive % buff and just nerf it over time?
    Because a lot of people raid, that's why.
    How stupid is this comment? Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean it is irrelevant to the discussion.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caranthir nine View Post
    Because a lot of people raid, that's why.
    How stupid is this comment? Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean it is irrelevant to the discussion.
    judging by the thread resto shamans don't raid.. but w/e, massive buffs to hw and hs then. Or earth shield baseline

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    So true lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boole View Post
    TBH, *blank* is a shit-ton better than Endus.....
    Appreciated the comments for the new/return to modding but let's keep the conversation to Resto Shaman instead of Shaman mods. We aren't technically supposed to discuss moderation work in these threads.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ionchannel View Post
    Long asnwer: mastery
    short answer: mastery
    It's a gross simplification to reduce Resto Shamans strength in PvP down to Mastery.

First off, Resto are bad in RBG, for similiar reason they're not really good in raids, lack of externals, not a lot of HPS output (and you don't really want to stack in RBG), you get the idea.
    Just to put that out, Resto Shaman shine in a niche of PvP that is ironically the centerpiece of WoW, 3v3.

Resto Shaman is really strong in 3v3, because it they are incredibly difficult to CC, they're the only healer with an interrupt, which is ranged and on a 12sec CD, any other healer has to hug the pillar like an idiot to avoid any possible CC's coming at them, if you want to fear / cyclone / poly a Shaman, they cast Wind shear and keep healing.
    On top of that, Grounding makes them even more difficult to CC, Grounding is effectively a 3sec immunity against any Single target spell for the entire group.
    Lastly, their ability to spam purge makes them very strong in the current Meta (where you see a lot of Disc / Resto Druid hopping around as well) if your healer just spams Purge on your focus target, they pretty much eat the GCD's of the enemy healer, which is obviously very powerful if both of your dps are damaging the target.

Shaman utility is one of the big reasons why Resto Shaman is a recurringly strong healer in PvP, because that utility is so damn strong on a healer in 3v3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's a gross simplification to reduce Resto Shamans strength in PvP down to Mastery.

First off, Resto are bad in RBG, for similiar reason they're not really good in raids, lack of externals, not a lot of HPS output (and you don't really want to stack in RBG), you get the idea.
    Just to put that out, Resto Shaman shine in a niche of PvP that is ironically the centerpiece of WoW, 3v3.

Resto Shaman is really strong in 3v3, because it they are incredibly difficult to CC, they're the only healer with an interrupt, which is ranged and on a 12sec CD, any other healer has to hug the pillar like an idiot to avoid any possible CC's coming at them, if you want to fear / cyclone / poly a Shaman, they cast Wind shear and keep healing.
    On top of that, Grounding makes them even more difficult to CC, Grounding is effectively a 3sec immunity against any Single target spell for the entire group.
    Lastly, their ability to spam purge makes them very strong in the current Meta (where you see a lot of Disc / Resto Druid hopping around as well) if your healer just spams Purge on your focus target, they pretty much eat the GCD's of the enemy healer, which is obviously very powerful if both of your dps are damaging the target.

Shaman utility is one of the big reasons why Resto Shaman is a recurringly strong healer in PvP, because that utility is so damn strong on a healer in 3v3.
    And they suck in the rest of the game because of it.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Dead serious about going to Itchy and Scratchy Land?

Deleted
    This has been the issue with WoW since forever, PvP and PvE balance not playing nice together and it likely never will

Deleted
    Once they created PVP talents, I repeat: PVP talents these kind of thinks should not happen again.

It's more like lazyness, lack of human resources or ... who nows...

We could use some love but after getting stats prioritized better. Doesnt feel as bad as it did initially.

Deleted
    I think the main problem is that Blizzard wants to pigeon-hole resto into the "stacked" niche. The stacked niche is garbage and practically non existant. For it to be a real niche, it would have to be another healing spec's weakness, so that the healing specs could complement each other. But no healing spec is really bad at stacked healing. Each healer spec has at least one stacked spell or can talent into one. So resto is specialized in something, that every healer can do anyway. It makes so sense. We're not even Top 2 in any current stacked fight and have to suffer in M+ in return, where the whole stacked healing stuff is even weaker.
    I think resto's niche should be strong spot/snipe healing instead, with quick waves and chain heals and less emphasis on healing rain. That would also make the most of our mastery (because I doubt they'll ever give us a new one at this point..).

If they lowered HW to a base 2 second cast so that it's the same cast time as HS with TW, reduced the mana cost of HS by an additional 500 mana, and buffed FF (say "next 2 heals"), we'd actually be pretty good ranged spot healers and that'd help quite a bit in M+. I'm not sure about throughput in general, but with that setup we could drop fast mana efficient heals non-stop on the raid (Riptide -> HWx3 or HS -> HWx2 -> Riptide, etc) and CH would be something to fit in with a reduced cast time or when HT procs. This would also make Undulation pretty strong in this situation.

It's a mechanical change, so I highly doubt they'd consider it, but it'd help a lot with the biggest weakness resto has right now, given resto doesn't have any real strength. It's just slightly above average in stacked healing, and I don't accept "underhealing content" as a niche, because that's farm or world first shit, totally irrelevant to most players.

My biggest gripe about being a resto shaman is stack healing. Unless you are rolling with a efficient guild or people who work very well together, most people will never stack up unless it is absolutely necessary. Everyone says, just tell people to stack up when they can.... just never works that way. Every guild i've been in since the beginning of time (granted they are middle of the road guilds, not too bad, nothing crazy) are always scattered everywhere. The only healer that requires dps to do something in order for us to get our full effect.

I rerolled away from Resto Shaman 1½ months ago now, but I have to say, the idea that it's a viable niche to be good at stacked healing is stupid.

I can go on my Holy Priest, cast PoH, and heal people anywhere within 30 yards of the target. Or I can use Holy Word: Sanctify, which does require the same level of stacking as Healing Rain on cast, but its effect is instant. People don't need to stand around in it for 10 seconds. Or as Disc, where I just plain don't care where people stand. Or as my Resto Druid, where sure, it's nice if people stand in the shroom, but it's really nothing big. But they took the shroom, gave it a CD and cast time, and decided that that should be Shaman's AoE centerpiece now. Feels like shit. Honestly I'd rather go back to spamming CH for 3-4 hours like in TBC. And yeah, I could also go on my Monk, and again, I don't care if people are stacked. I can move anywhere while channeling my AoE.

If stacked healing is to be a strength, other healers have to be bad at it. But instead, they just don't care.

And then yeah, the mastery is awful (Feelings wise, numbers can be okay), especially if it causes them to hold back Shaman "just in case." Single target is clunky. I just can't think of a reason why I'd play my Resto Shaman over any of the other healers I have at 120 right now. Sure, it's possible. You can raid with it. You can do M+ with it. But you can do those things better, or perhaps more importantly, more fluidly, as other healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I just can't think of a reason why I'd play my Resto Shaman over any of the other healers
    Hammer on the head right there. My priest/monk can perform tons better out of the box. I love priest playstyle luckily but Shaman has a special place in my heart... shame it's always locked away by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    If they lowered HW to a base 2 second cast so that it's the same cast time as HS with TW, reduced the mana cost of HS by an additional 500 mana, and buffed FF (say "next 2 heals"), we'd actually be pretty good ranged spot healers and that'd help quite a bit in M+. I'm not sure about throughput in general, but with that setup we could drop fast mana efficient heals non-stop on the raid (Riptide -> HWx3 or HS -> HWx2 -> Riptide, etc) and CH would be something to fit in with a reduced cast time or when HT procs. This would also make Undulation pretty strong in this situation.

It's a mechanical change, so I highly doubt they'd consider it, but it'd help a lot with the biggest weakness resto has right now, given resto doesn't have any real strength. It's just slightly above average in stacked healing, and I don't accept "underhealing content" as a niche, because that's farm or world first shit, totally irrelevant to most players.
    Well, we used to have 2 Tidal Wave stacks per Riptide or Chain Heal cast, so a single target 'rotation' was RT -> HWx2 -> HS -> repeat, with variations depending on talents and situation. Now you can only get this with Flash Flood, and the effect is weaker, as are the spells, so it doesn't really work (and we don't have those little splash HoTs and 100% uptime on HST to assist that we used to).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb167 View Post
    The only healer that requires dps to do something in order for us to get our full effect.
    Not true - check out the Holy Paladin Mastery. They also require stacked raids to get full effect.