Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can see why people think this way, but I for one have had a blast. Not a big fan of the current traits on armor but other then that I'm pretty satisfied.

You cute little monkey - thinking that 8.1 will actually get rid of the feeling that this expansion was entirely rushed and is still unfinished. A more reasonable guess would be like 8.1.5 or maybe even 8.2. 8.1 will attempt to fix a lot of the mess they've rushed out - it'll succeed in some places and horribly fail in others. It'll solve 5 problems, ignore 10 problems and create 5 new problems.

When you think about it, it sure does seem like it was still in Early Access. Classes should be small tuned, but 15-30% buff shows something was wrong from the start. Azerite traits should have seen small tweaks, but 200% buff, once again that seems like a system never truly fleshed out. I.E feels like they barely got the system up an running by launch, an Warfronts feel like they fall under the I.E ystem of barely being to the point it worked.,..

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    does anyone else feel like this
    depends whether they a) make azerite gear fun, b) fix broken classes, c) somehow inject relevance and fun into warfronts and expeditions.

the dungeons and raids are fine, which is the one good thing about this expansion. 8.1 will give us more raiding, which I'm presuming they don't screw up since they've been pretty solid on that side of design for the last few years.

Deleted
    Whata makes you think 8.1 will fix bfa? All we know so far is taht we getting 2 new raids, 2 new islands and warftont. Which is exactly what we have now. There will be some story q worth about 20 minutes of gameplay. System changes to azerite are yet to be specify. Only thing i am excited about are pvp "invasions".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No why would I I’m progressing like any other expan with no problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    The reason the first patch feels like launch is because since WoD Blizzard started to delay raids. Only with the first patch will we have all the launch raid content.
    I disagree,we have had all the core systems they wanted implimented bar the Warfronts and the Raid from Day 1. Yes there have been a few problems with them and they are adding to thim,but they have been there to an extent. Believe it or not,there is more to the game than Raiding,and fair less people care about it than thos who do...to think that the release of Raids has much to do with the feel of the expansion is pure objective. I for one would not care less if there was never a Raid released again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyoll81 View Post
    I disagree,we have had all the core systems they wanted implimented bar the Warfronts and the Raid from Day 1. Yes there have been a few problems with them and they are adding to thim,but they have been there to an extent. Believe it or not,there is more to the game than Raiding,and fair less people care about it than thos who do...to think that the release of Raids has much to do with the feel of the expansion is pure objective. I for one would not care less if there was never a Raid released again.
    There's more than enough content outside of raids, so if you don't care about raids anyway, I don't see the problem. You probably like doing quests then? There's about as many quests in BFA as there was in any other expansion. So what's your problem?

5+ Year Old Account
    No.
    Best xpa for me and my core raiders, remember maybe its you not the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    There's more than enough content outside of raids, so if you don't care about raids anyway, I don't see the problem. You probably like doing quests then? There's about as many quests in BFA as there was in any other expansion. So what's your problem?
    I have literally NO problem with this expansion....at all. I like the sound of every feature in this announcement, the raids il take it or leave it, but it looks all good to me. Adding to an already awesome expansion. I was essentially deffending it

That's a very interesting opinion you have there. Many parrots and mimics on this site will be in bobble-headed agreement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    One thing is undeniable. They suck at designing classes now.

They remove stuff just to add it back later in a patch and some specs have had the same issues since Vanilla (low mobility, no AOE, no interrupt) that still aren't addressed or they're too incompetent to address them and can't admit it?

Anytime they back pedal on stuff they never address it, it's always just done in a hotfix, silently. Those people act like complete amateurs when it comes to communicating with the player base. I think that Marvel 2015 MMO had better dev/player interaction and it was f2p.
    just one big difference that game is now closed gazillion owned it and had good devs but lack of players so yeah...
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyoll81 View Post
    I have literally NO problem with this expansion....at all. I like the sound of every feature in this announcement, the raids il take it or leave it, but it looks all good to me. Adding to an already awesome expansion. I was essentially deffending it
    Ok.

So you don't care about raids, but other people do.

So the expansion launched with 3 raids!

Wow that is amazing.
    8.0 is not that bad, it has issues like everything.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Every expansion has real problems before the first big content patch. Remember how we couldn't switch specs or level alts in Legion before 7.1? Everything will be sorted out and tweaked over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    So the expansion launched with 3 raids!

Wow that is amazing.
    8.0 is not that bad, it has issues like everything.
    I hope we get a bunch of small raids in BfA, like the dragon ones in WotLK.
    Last edited by Lightforged; 2018-09-19 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    does anyone else feel like this
    Indeed.

Patch 8.1 is the launch of the new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Until Azerite is gone it's always gonna be crap.
    This. Get rid if this garbage system. This was the primary factor in me cancelling my sub. I already put up with the Legion AP grind, not doing it again in BFA. Soon as it is gone, i will resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    And if they did that, you would've been here complaining about 3-4 months more content draught. Can never win!
    Not really as I always was predicting a November release. That the August release was a failure is quite obvious now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No. Even if there are things in BfA I am not happy with, it's not a beta. Even if there have been more bugs than usual, the vast majority of the content and systems are fully functional and stable. There's a lack of depth to the new systems, I'm very dissatisfied with the continued lack of resource allocation for class changes/balancing/reworks and I think the Horde vs Alliance focus is wrong and wasteful. There are also many things I like.

Was BfA rushed? I used to think so, but now I don't think so. I'm sure the developers crunched and would've like more calendar time - but most of the things I find issue with do not stem from rushing the expansion. The theme of the expansion is a creative decision, and not one it's fair to fault them for - but the extreme lack of feature and systems development is a valid point of criticism. Looking at the resources dedicated to art, zone, dungeon, and encounter design, it looks crazy how little seems to have been allocated on the technical/systems side - there's an obvious lack of bandwidth. Time would of course help here - but I think they should just bite the bullet and get more programmers.

This is the first expansion I played where it feels like I'm playing a broken (and not in a good way) class. What's worse, it's clear the class devs don't see it as a problem and proposed changes that do nothing.

Top off the fact that I think the Azerite/HoA system is worse than what I previously thought was the worst system they every created (the Crucible) and I can honestly say this expansion is shaping off to be worse than WoD.