Rogue and Azerite Traits

Due to recent azerite hotfixes I was wondering what would be best traits for each rogue specialization in different environments.

*Assassination

Shrouded Suffocation was BiS for PvE ST and AoE.. AND was best for PVP aswell (obviously nerf was required), but what now?

Double Dose for ST? Scent of Blood for AoE m+? What are your opinions?

*Subtlety

Even after Blade in The Shadow nerfs it remains best option for both PVE and PVE and M+ runs?

*Outlaw

Same as Sub, Deadshot remains best AoE, ST pretty much for everything, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Anomen View Post
    Due to recent azerite hotfixes I was wondering what would be best traits for each rogue specialization in different environments.

*Assassination

Shrouded Suffocation was BiS for PvE ST and AoE.. AND was best for PVP aswell (obviously nerf was required), but what now?

Double Dose for ST? Scent of Blood for AoE m+? What are your opinions?

*Subtlety

Even after Blade in The Shadow nerfs it remains best option for both PVE and PVE and M+ runs?

*Outlaw

Same as Sub, Deadshot remains best AoE, ST pretty much for everything, or am I missing something?
    Sin still 3x SS, especially in m+. Laser Matrix sims slightly higher on ST.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

How accurate is bloodmallet.com?
    Looking at: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#r...tacking&tier=3 for sub and https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#r...tacking&tier=3 for Sin.

Looks from these that SS x 3 certainly isn't best for ST (sure M+ it definitely could be) and also that blade in the shadow isn't either.
    I have double sharpened blades so could be a fairly significant difference.

I'll also try simming later but can't currently while at work.

Just saw the top sin log from vectis is running 3x SS on a couple 340 pieces and garrote is still 2.3 million out of 6.2 million dmg.

I can’t wait until this is all figured out. Reforging prices going up and needing a bank full of lower ilvl gear is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Swineflew View Post
    Just saw the top sin log from vectis is running 3x SS on a couple 340 pieces and garrote is still 2.3 million out of 6.2 million dmg.

I can’t wait until this is all figured out. Reforging prices going up and needing a bank full of lower ilvl gear is dumb.
    When is the log dated? Worth keeping in mind Vectis isn't pure ST too.

From the logs I'm looking at posted 19th it seems people aren't running 3 x SS looking specifically at Fetid but that's only a quick browse. The one I'm looking at now is 2nd ranked and runs 1 x SS, 1 x archive and 1 x blightborne. It looks like the reason for the SS may be because its a 370 piece too.

Similarly the highest ranked Sin rogue on MOTHER (on 19th) isn't using any SS. Item level I expect plays a fairly big factor in these all.
    Last edited by csguba; 2018-09-19 at 04:17 PM.

*Assassination

Shrouded Suffocation was best for PVP aswell (obviously nerf was required), but what now?

It wasn't that good for arenas. you got two per match most of the time and you're saving vanish for a sap anyways. so really you got in an opener and if you didn't kill them in that opener. it's a dead trait. I'd rather use twist the knife with system shock. envenom is pretty high burst with those traits/talent in arena.

*Assassination

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    It wasn't that good for arenas. you got two per match most of the time and you're saving vanish for a sap anyways. so really you got in an opener and if you didn't kill them in that opener. it's a dead trait. I'd rather use twist the knife with system shock. envenom is pretty high burst with those traits/talent in arena.
    True - I think I used it up to 1700 in 3s with exsanguinate just to cheese. Twist The Knife and Scent are better imo.

For m+ it depends on the key level, and the dps output of your friends. The shorter the packs in m+ live the better for ss, you'll have to use your nose to work out when it stops being as beneficial.

Inside and outside uldir double dose is a very solid choice for ST this week. As of next week however, and assuming you've been maxing out your reorigination stacks, laser/archive will dominate everything inside uldir by a wide margin.

At this point given how mediocre SS is on ST, it's all about simming what you have, so w/e comes out on top just use that.