Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Step 1. Identify target
    Step 2. Wait for fight
    Step 3. "Accidentally" move in front of them
    Step 4. Laugh at the ban

Instant bans for team kills are always so poorly thought out. I wonder how big the blowback will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wouldn’t it make more sense to make it so you can damage allies but not kill them that way you still have to worry about shooting allies.
    Step 1. "Accidentally" shoot teammate in spawn
    Step 2. Listen to them swear about missing all their health at the start.

There is no middle ground. Either friendly fire exists and griefing will exist by nature. Or it isn't and it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Truly the perfect game for toddlers and manchildren who's overdosed on soy to the point they can't handle reality anymore.
    Toddlers and manchildren is an apt description for dickheads who are upset that they'll be banned for griefing their own team.

It's amazing to me that the "grow a thicker skin" crowd have some of the thinnest skin. Can dish but can't take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can see me getting instant banned quite easily due to throwing a grenade wrong due to this system

There were times I teamkilled and got teamkilled in R6 by them/me being in the wrong place at the wrong time, yet I mainly blamed myself for bad positioning and awareness. Then there was the one time we were on attack and prep phase ended, one of my teammates spotted a camera right off the bat and tried to pop it real quick. I just so happen to be running past his line of fire without acknowledging my surroundings and getting popped off instead.

Yes teamkilling is a real pain which raises toxicity, but there should be exceptions for when it was done accidentally. No reason to penalize every scenario like this so harshly, because hey mistakes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Truly the perfect game for toddlers and manchildren who's overdosed on soy to the point they can't handle reality anymore.
    Yeah because you know nothing is more fun that going into a shooter and being deliberately teamkilled. I mean an accidental shot at me I can accept but someone spawning in and going out of their way to wipe their entire team is sad and pathetic.

Jesus christ get some perspective.

It is capable of differentiating between actual griefing and accidents or people trolling you by moving in front as you fire?

Because if it can't, I can foresee this backfiring in a very spectacular way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, people are gonna start using this to troll by jumping infront of their allies who are actively shooting to purposefully get teamkilled and unjustly ban their teammates "for the lulz"... Especially in casual where they won't suffer a rating loss for losing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it ads another layer of difficulty/depth for players to consider. You need to be aware of where your teammates are and be able to quickly identify friend or enemy. For a game specifically aimed at competitive play like R6S is it makes perfect sense, especially given the history of the series.
    Oh agree on the depth factor 100%.

But this is going to create more problems than it solves. I have a feeling people will abuse it deliberately.

So I mean if they want to just stop deliberate teamkilling then turn it off. No other way really.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh agree on the depth factor 100%.

But this is going to create more problems than it solves. I have a feeling people will abuse it deliberately.

So I mean if they want to just stop deliberate teamkilling then turn it off. No other way really.
    This. If you allow for players to damage allies on their team, someone will be an asshole eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    That seems like a recipe for disaster. Surely removing friendly fire altogether would be a better solution? Players skilled at causing trouble will just deliberately get themselves killed in an effort to get people banned. In my experience many multiplayer games bring out the worst in many people.
    They could have it in ranked but not casuals, but then the issue is friendly fire and players and enemies being as easy to kill as each other and pixel hunting around corners is basically the DOORKICKAN swat team fantasy people play R6 games for. You get them used to going buck ass wild and not watching friendly fire then ranked becomes a totally separate game.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some, but it wouldn't have the same impact. You accidentally show a low HP teammate who would die in a hit and that's still fine, they won't die if this were the case. You do so currently and welp, rekt.

Friendly fire and teamkilling has long, long been a part of competitive shooters.
    I can understand a penalty, but this seems a little overkill. At the same time I don't play the game and can't really think of a better solution for this type of problem
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Because it ads another layer of difficulty/depth for players to consider. You need to be aware of where your teammates are and be able to quickly identify friend or enemy. For a game specifically aimed at competitive play like R6S is it makes perfect sense, especially given the history of the series.
    Why? Because devs are responding to an issue that player have been long complaining about?
    Friendly fire and automated bans for griefing are both perfectly fine on their own.

The problem occurs when they combine to be the same issue - you can't have a friendly fire mechanic and at the same time ban people for it if there's a good chance they genuinely do it on accident.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Just disable the ability to team kill.

Why go through all this effort?
    Damned if you do and damned if you don't...I've played games without team killing and you have people abusing that...you get people who use it to steal kills or simply block people from getting kills.

Deleted
    But that's the thing it's easy to train to shot fast at anything moving. But when you add indentifying your target into the mix you reduce your reaction time.

But i can also see some other points like laying down cover fire and your team mate then runs into line of fire. Well woops. So yeah peneltys should be in there but how can you really tell some fire fights from each other at times.

So what happens if you fuck up a grenade on accident?
    Maybe the real solution is to only let team damage take a player to X% of health.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I was playing CS:S a lot back in the days and when I had enough played for the day I just teamkilled people, had a good laugh and logged out good times.

Not a huge fan of friendly fire in games, even if it is less realistic.

Just because the other guys are on your team, doesn't mean they aren't your enemies.

Why? Because devs are responding to an issue that player have been long complaining about?
    by pouring gasoline on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    by pouring gasoline on fire.
    We'll see how it nets out. If it's straight up "any teamkilling" gets a ban, that's dumb as sin and their community will rightfully pitch a fit. I imagine it's a bit more nuanced/sophisticated than that, taking into account when they were killed (start of match vs. middle of a firefight), the frequency (is this a regular occurrence, is this rare etc.) and other factors, but we'll see. I don't imagine they're going to give all the details on how it works because that'd just be a roadmap on how to circumvent it.

We'll see how it nets out. If it's straight up "any teamkilling" gets a ban, that's dumb as sin and their community will rightfully pitch a fit. I imagine it's a bit more nuanced/sophisticated than that, taking into account when they were killed (start of match vs. middle of a firefight), the frequency (is this a regular occurrence, is this rare etc.) and other factors, but we'll see. I don't imagine they're going to give all the details on how it works because that'd just be a roadmap on how to circumvent it.
    Patch notes say it triggers on the first kill with a 30 min ban on the first offense. Upgraded from getting kicked on the first one.

So, one bad grenade bounce or an asshole purposefully jumping in front of you and hello punishment. Oh, I do not envy the mods on that forum.

Edit: Two in one match triggers it. That gives you very little room to fuck up in a game involving explosives and tight corridors. However, doesn't look like the autoban system has anything for damaging but not killing. So, experienced griefers will switch to shoot people to near death and can only be reported then. Or just run on grenades/in front of shooting teammates. And, if Reddit is correct, this can still trigger on squads. So even accidentally killing people you grouped up with can potentially fuck you bad.
    Last edited by Dextroden; 2018-09-20 at 05:50 AM.