Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    But...but...Blood DK got nerfed! According to some people on the forums Blood's nerf is your buff!

(In case you didn't guess I was being sarcastic and I'm not stupid enough to think that a nerf to another class is meant to be a buff to someone else)

All I can say is welcome to the club, seems to be Blizzards answer to everything these day..."Your class sucks, well today is your lucky day!" they buff a few numbers and apparently to them that means all better.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I would feel for ya OP but I "want" to play my enhance shaman. Appears though that is just being kicked down the road again though, so much for being fixed in 8.1
    Just unsubscribe like >30% of the player already have since launch of BFA. Sure the next patch will entertain you for 1 additional month, but there are more entertaining games for 13 Dollar on steam then WoW. No reason to play a bad game.

Lol hol up. Surely game isn't in it's best shape but lets not compare it to your average steam greenlight bullshit. and that's prob all you are gonna get for 13 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    Lol hol up. Surely game isn't in it's best shape but lets not compare it to your average steam greenlight bullshit. and that's prob all you are gonna get for 13 bucks
    Actual currently you get:
    Far Cry 4
    Dishonored 2
    Prey (15 bucks)

If you grap good offers you can get Witcher 3, Nier:Automata or Nioh for less then 15 bucks.

Edit; Oh and the new Path of Exile Season just startet.
    Last edited by ArcadeBit; 2018-12-07 at 12:08 PM.

And any relevant games that were not released year or two ago?

Except PoE maybe, you got me there.

I hate how all this "we aint viable" shit is around all the time. I raided as feral at start of Xpack and now. We had a prot warrior as our maintank all the way to Zul mythic before he had to quit raiding due to work. Warriors aint the most OP no. But there not dead in the water. you just need to adapt and change things. I think our healers found our DH tank harder to keep alive then our warrior...

The whole point is that prot warrior has little to no utility in his arsenal. No one said he was made of paper or anything, cause he certainly isn't. Just no stuff to stack mobs together or keep them away from yourself. (Something warrior desperately needs considering gaps in mitigation.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I hate how all this "we aint viable" shit is around all the time. I raided as feral at start of Xpack and now. We had a prot warrior as our maintank all the way to Zul mythic before he had to quit raiding due to work. Warriors aint the most OP no. But there not dead in the water. you just need to adapt and change things. I think our healers found our DH tank harder to keep alive then our warrior...
    It was explained before and the only part to agree with.

Prot Warrior is unforgiving compared to other tanks, well bear dudu is around the same level also after Legion.

If a Prot Warrior fucks up a bit, its really hard to recover compared to other tanks.

Combine that with the new (old) mentality of dungeons/mythic plus to every pack having 10 spells to counter when everyone got used to the 1-3 spells to counter Legion mentality and you get Protection Warrior tears.

Also with the retardation of GCD which makes you literally decide "Survive the next second or produce threat".

Most problems are actually fixed in 8.1, the people crying are the usual people that "I WANT TO BE THE BEST WITHOUT TRYING LIKE <insert class they thing is OP>"

Thats the only actual problem, the rest is just usual people crying about MDI balance while they are trying to finish their +5 on time.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Most problems are actually fixed in 8.1, the people crying are the usual people that "I WANT TO BE THE BEST WITHOUT TRYING LIKE <insert class they thing is OP>"
    You really think it was right to wait 4 month to get buffs that should have come in a hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    You really think it was right to wait 4 month to get buffs that should have come in a hotfix?
    Why would it matter, i mean there are problems with the class, but the mass complaining does not come from people like me, i will just adapt and go with the flow.

As i said at the post above, sure Prot needed some fixes but forums make it sound like they cant even complete a M+10, which for the last 2 months the HP bar barely moves at most times with a competent group.

The problem has been and always will be the community.

Random player that does LFR cant complete M+5 spams the forums about "tank balance" because he saw the MDI tank doing something.

It also helps that after 15 years i really dont give a fuck as much as i used to and since i can complete a 10-13 without a problem i couldnt care less.

The problem has been and always will be the community.

Random player that does LFR cant complete M+5 spams the forums about "tank balance" because he saw the MDI tank doing something.

It also helps that after 15 years i really dont give a fuck as much as i used to and since i can complete a 10-13 without a problem i couldnt care less.
    Of course m+10 isn't hard anymore 3 month after release. And no, it is not right when there are huge gaps between tanks, healers or dds. Sure every class and spec has its strong and weak side, that is intended. But a tank should never struggle with his key roles: keep aggro and migate the incoming damage. We seirously lacked in that part. And its not the lfr community that is complaining here. Several high m+ healers made comparrisons between tanks. This thread have some of these comparrisons, just search for it.

We dont need to be top of the line, but we need to not be a burden if you take us over an blood dk. Thats just shitty balancing and should be fixed as soon as possible. This goes for every class and spec. If you invest time and effort, you should be able to reach the top or at least get close. If that isn't given you fucked up the balancing and with it the basics of a MMORPG. The bad playstyle of prot didn't make it better. And I am happy for every player in my raid who recieves a needed buff for his favorite spec.

Sure you can go around and say the mid tier content (what a +10 is) is doable, but does it have to be a pain in the ass? Sure you can do your +10 once a week, but wouldn't you rather enjoy doing it? Sure a competent group fixes a lot, but wouldn't it be nice if you could fix a mayor mistake of a teammate and preventing a wipe?

I dont know you, but I like to pull my char to the limit and playing prot warrior feels like driving a porsche in a F1 race. No matter how well I do, this car will never win me a trophy.

So for anyone not looking to compete in world firsts, I imagine Prot is strong? I mean currently I do struggle tanking, very much so compared to my Paladin and DK. Hoping 8.1 will be an improvement.

Either way I still play the Warrior as Fury is pretty damn fun to play

So Vanguard is going to be 60%

While already being the tank with the highest base armor, it's gonna increase by 10% (I'm already at around 50% mitigation on bosses)

The stamina buff will put us above Paladins (not 100% sure on this one) so we're not gonna get demolished by magic damage so easy

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    But...but...Blood DK got nerfed! According to some people on the forums Blood's nerf is your buff!

(In case you didn't guess I was being sarcastic and I'm not stupid enough to think that a nerf to another class is meant to be a buff to someone else)

All I can say is welcome to the club, seems to be Blizzards answer to everything these day..."Your class sucks, well today is your lucky day!" they buff a few numbers and apparently to them that means all better.
    What does DK nerf have to do with prot getting massive buffs?

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point is that prot warrior has little to no utility in his arsenal. No one said he was made of paper or anything, cause he certainly isn't. Just no stuff to stack mobs together or keep them away from yourself. (Something warrior desperately needs considering gaps in mitigation.)
    Slow from Tclap, leap and intercept to get away, lowest CD aoe stun in the game, aoe fear. They have decent utility.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my God, the buffs are massive, would you hush
    Of course m+10 isn't hard anymore 3 month after release. And no, it is not right when there are huge gaps between tanks, healers or dds. Sure every class and spec has its strong and weak side, that is intended. But a tank should never struggle with his key roles: keep aggro and migate the incoming damage. We seirously lacked in that part. And its not the lfr community that is complaining here. Several high m+ healers made comparrisons between tanks. This thread have some of these comparrisons, just search for it.

We dont need to be top of the line, but we need to not be a burden if you take us over an blood dk. Thats just shitty balancing and should be fixed as soon as possible. This goes for every class and spec. If you invest time and effort, you should be able to reach the top or at least get close. If that isn't given you fucked up the balancing and with it the basics of a MMORPG. The bad playstyle of prot didn't make it better. And I am happy for every player in my raid who recieves a needed buff for his favorite spec.

Sure you can go around and say the mid tier content (what a +10 is) is doable, but does it have to be a pain in the ass? Sure you can do your +10 once a week, but wouldn't you rather enjoy doing it? Sure a competent group fixes a lot, but wouldn't it be nice if you could fix a mayor mistake of a teammate and preventing a wipe?

I dont know you, but I like to pull my char to the limit and playing prot warrior feels like driving a porsche in a F1 race. No matter how well I do, this car will never win me a trophy.
    No, we didn't. The only massive gap is in m+, and that's do to how m+ functions. If you don't like it, reroll or don't push past 18s. Prot already has the highest physical mitigation, and that's only going up. In raid, there's no really a reason to bring a DK over a warrior post-8.1

You seem to have a serious misunderstanding of the meta, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Slow from Tclap, leap and intercept to get away, lowest CD aoe stun in the game, aoe fear. They have decent utility.
    20% slow, are you serious my guy? It's like trying to shoot someone with a water gun. "Aoe" stun is frontal cone, fear requires uncompetitive talent and still breaks on damage.
    No mass taunt, no ranged interrupt. Just cone stun and charges all over the place that don't make much sense if you don't have a frost mage to back you up.

Dungeons don't favor armored tincans, sadly. They favor versatile jacks-of-all-trades who can do virtually everything and still live to fight another day.

20% slow, are you serious my guy? It's like trying to shoot someone with a water gun. "Aoe" stun is frontal cone, fear requires uncompetitive talent and still breaks on damage.
    No mass taunt, no ranged interrupt. Just cone stun and charges all over the place that don't make much sense if you don't have a frost mage to back you up.

Dungeons don't favor armored tincans, sadly. They favor versatile jacks-of-all-trades who can do virtually everything and still live to fight another day.
    The only two AoE taunts would be paladin bubble, which is a 5 minute cooldown, and from a talent that is never taken, or from Black Ox Statue, but that is also never taken because RoP is better in literally every dungeon scenario ever! Even this week with skittish. So AoE taunt is not a real point. Try again.

The main issues prot has is a lack of grip/grouping, and lack of ability to directly handle infested. It's main strength, and the reason it's doing just as well as paladin in keys (and better than dh or poor bears) is it's absolutely bonkers damage, and need for only minor attention from a healer when played properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Either way I still play the Warrior as Fury is pretty damn fun to play
    This! I've been using only paladin since lich bith some DK on pandaria, but this is the first time that I've been interested in a warrior and indeed fury is fun! (saying fun doesn't mean difficult) coming from Ret to fury feels amazing.

The only two AoE taunts would be paladin bubble, which is a 5 minute cooldown, and from a talent that is never taken, or from Black Ox Statue, but that is also never taken because RoP is better in literally every dungeon scenario ever! Even this week with skittish. So AoE taunt is not a real point. Try again.

The main issues prot has is a lack of grip/grouping, and lack of ability to directly handle infested. It's main strength, and the reason it's doing just as well as paladin in keys (and better than dh or poor bears) is it's absolutely bonkers damage, and need for only minor attention from a healer when played properly.
    AoE taunt with somewhat Overlord's Challenge effect is your grip/grouping tool. So yeah, you missed the real point pretty much.

Why would it matter, i mean there are problems with the class, but the mass complaining does not come from people like me, i will just adapt and go with the flow.
    Personally my problem isn't even with the spec performing worse than other tanks. It's simply that it's not very fun to play. The most fun thing I've found of Prot Warr so far in BfA was how you could outdamage the dps with Avatar + Thunder Clap spam.

Maybe it's just nostalgia or mis-remembering or something, but regardless of balance compared to other tanks, the spec was just so much more fun to play in MoP and even WoD. In Legion in started becoming "meh", and in BfA it just got worse, for me.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2018-12-10 at 11:09 AM.

Oh my God, the buffs are massive, would you hush
    The disappointment is caused by something else.

We knew warriors had design issues and being undertuned since beta.
    Blizzard could have buffed our stamina in a hotfix at any point to make us less bad in raids. It would have taken them 5 minutes.

Instead, they went out and said: "We understand that warriors are in a bad spot, but we want to fix the underlying issues (most talents being unusable, mastery doubling down on your biggest strength and not really helping against what kills you etc.) and we can't do those in a hotfix, so be patient, we will have cool stuff in the next patch."

It's not that we hate the buffs in a vacuum. But if Blizzard decided not to change the design after all, they should have pushed these in a hotfix months ago.
    We wasted a full tier playing on alts waiting for what ended up being mostly a numbers hotfix.