Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    reactivated wow after quitting 3 weeks in to BFA maybe now I can have fun on my warrior.
    Maybe I could lvl up my Resto shamy
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    The disappointment is caused by something else.

We knew warriors had design issues and being undertuned since beta.
    Blizzard could have buffed our stamina in a hotfix at any point to make us less bad in raids. It would have taken them 5 minutes.

Instead, they went out and said: "We understand that warriors are in a bad spot, but we want to fix the underlying issues (most talents being unusable, mastery doubling down on your biggest strength and not really helping against what kills you etc.) and we can't do those in a hotfix, so be patient, we will have cool stuff in the next patch."

It's not that we hate the buffs in a vacuum. But if Blizzard decided not to change the design after all, they should have pushed these in a hotfix months ago.
    We wasted a full tier playing on alts waiting for what ended up being mostly a numbers hotfix.
    So you mean, a spec that is slightly underperforming, was given a slight buff to hold it off until more major buffs could be given at the time of a patch, to bring it up to par, if not over the other specs for it's role?

You mean they did what they have done since the game began? No. They just decided to do this NOW, because screw prot warriors reeee

Seriously though, prot is looking very, very good in 8.1. And for the record, 13 of 21 talents see use in some way, and in meme healing builds you could tack on 14/21 (but that's purely meme or dealing with extreme magic damage)
    What tier did you waste? Uldir isn't over yet. Got another month 2/3 to go.

Sadly, "slightly underperforming" translates into "slighty represented". God i hope 8.1 will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    Sadly, "slightly underperforming" translates into "slighty represented". God i hope 8.1 will be enough.
    Some of the stronger specs right now are not as widely used as some of the weaker specs at the moment. Popularity has little, if not outright nothing, to do with viability or strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    So you mean, a spec that is slightly underperforming, was given a slight buff to hold it off until more major buffs could be given at the time of a patch, to bring it up to par, if not over the other specs for it's role?
    Blizzard said that they planned to fix the underlying mechanical issues. Shortly after, our mastery was removed on PTR and presumably a new one was going to be added.
    Then they decided to change their minds and slap 5 % stamina + 5 % armor + another 5 % armor later on to our passive. These type of changes can (and should) have been done in a hotfix immediately. Why did they wait months for a patch to increase a passive multiplier? There is no reason for that.

a) Slapping a stamina/armor buff to our passive a week after Uldir opens? Perfectly fine if slightly lazy solution.
    b) Fixing the spec on a fundamental level with new mastery and talents overhaul even if that means waiting for a patch? Ideal and "promised" (though I still can't see why we didn't have a slight stamina buff in the meantime)
    c) Waiting for months only to get the passive hotifx from a)? I will take it, but can't help being slightly disappointed.

What tier did you waste? Uldir isn't over yet. Got another month 2/3 to go.
    Ok, you are right, it's not an entire tier, just most of it. I can (and will) play my warrior now, but I'd have preferred to play it during progression without being a liability.

And for the record, 13 of 21 talents see use in some way, and in meme healing builds you could tack on 14/21 (but that's purely meme or dealing with extreme magic damage)
    The synergy between Anger Management and talents that improve individual cooldowns is too strong and not taking advantage of it is a huge loss. In the majority of situations you are basically required to take these regardless of your preference or the encounter seemingly favoring something else.

For example, on Fetid you can only block one Thrash with a Shield Block.
    Heavy Repercussions allows you to block 2 Thrashes with a single cast. It literally doubles the value of your active mitigation on that boss. It is a prime example of a talent being perfectly tailored for an encounter. 91.33 % of players still chose to keep Anger Management instead.

The IP change is what many wanted and it's nice to have off-GCD rage dump, don't get me wrong. But it doubles down in a way on the current situation - we will still be locked in the AM + cooldowns setup with more rage being generated/burned to fuel the cooldown recovery faster.
    Maybe we will be a strong tanks now, maybe even top, but the talent inflexibility and clunky mastery stays. (You can only critically block attacks that have already been blocked; those aren't attacks that are threatening. We need something against unblocked/unblockable damage.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Blizzard said that they planned to fix the underlying mechanical issues. Shortly after, our mastery was removed on PTR and presumably a new one was going to be added.
    Then they decided to change their minds and slap 5 % stamina + 5 % armor + another 5 % armor later on to our passive. These type of changes can (and should) have been done in a hotfix immediately. Why did they wait months for a patch to increase a passive multiplier? There is no reason for that.

a) Slapping a stamina/armor buff to our passive a week after Uldir opens? Perfectly fine if slightly lazy solution.
    b) Fixing the spec on a fundamental level with new mastery and talents overhaul even if that means waiting for a patch? Ideal and "promised" (though I still can't see why we didn't have a slight stamina buff in the meantime)
    c) Waiting for months only to get the passive hotifx from a)? I will take it, but can't help being slightly disappointed.

Ok, you are right, it's not an entire tier, just most of it. I can (and will) play my warrior now, but I'd have preferred to play it during progression without being a liability.

The synergy between Anger Management and talents that improve individual cooldowns is too strong and not taking advantage of it is a huge loss. In the majority of situations you are basically required to take these regardless of your preference or the encounter seemingly favoring something else.

For example, on Fetid you can only block one Thrash with a Shield Block.
    Heavy Repercussions allows you to block 2 Thrashes with a single cast. It literally doubles the value of your active mitigation on that boss. It is a prime example of a talent being perfectly tailored for an encounter. 91.33 % of players still chose to keep Anger Management instead.

The IP change is what many wanted and it's nice to have off-GCD rage dump, don't get me wrong. But it doubles down in a way on the current situation - we will still be locked in the AM + cooldowns setup with more rage being generated/burned to fuel the cooldown recovery faster.
    Maybe we will be a strong tanks now, maybe even top, but the talent inflexibility and clunky mastery stays. (You can only critically block attacks that have already been blocked; those aren't attacks that are threatening. We need something against unblocked/unblockable damage.)
    I completely agree on the mastery debacle. The fact that it was initially seeming to be given a re-design, and then just returned with nothing said on the matter, was beyond stupid.

As for the delay, I agree again. Some things, like IP or SB recharge time, or blocking ranged attacks, those do sound large enough to warrant waiting for a patch. The Vanguard buffs though, I fully agree that they could have been implemented a month ago with no harm. Then again, what do I know.

I too plan to fully go hard into prot. We're on farm anyway, and I haven't done anything beyond heroic with it yet. Curious to try the famed HR thrash build I've seen mentioned a few times on Skyhold. Someone mentioned it and talked with a gold guy once, and it was interesting to hear.

The IP change further entrenching us in AM is a good point. I have heard it mentioned in the past, and think it possibly warranted at this point, to make AM a warrior baseline. I don't know the balance ramifications of such a thing, but arms and prot are dominated by the talent, except for very niche situations, and even fury will likely eventually end up being stuck with it, as rage generation and expenditure increases to inevitably outpace and outperform Siegebreaker.

Some of the stronger specs right now are not as widely used as some of the weaker specs at the moment. Popularity has little, if not outright nothing, to do with viability or strength.
    My example would be Demonology. It does good damage but people still refuse to play it, even in PVP.

Demonology always felt super complex for me for some reason. I tried to pick it up back in 4.3.4 and it was a goddamn disaster. I haven't really gave it another shot since then, maybe that's why. Good demolocks did outstanding damage at that time and i had no idea how the bloody hell.