Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightning maze - Temple of Sethraliss

Anyone else having issues with this maze?

I play on OCE servers and ,generally, this maze is ok if I am playing on a local server. However, if I am ever in a US instance or there happens to be something else causing high ms the maze is near impossible to get through. Just finished a dungeon that was on US servers and had another OCE player in with myself who was having significant issues getting through it. This isn't the first time i've seen players struggle, and more often then not it's OCE players in a US instace. It often ends with the player either leaving, or needing a rez once someone else has gotten through.

World of purecraft, play a pure dps and just like raid mechanics this maze doesn't apply to you!

blink/cloak/turtle/gateway = lul.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turtle doesn't work... I can't be sure of other methods though.

It is easy enough on high ping, I am OCE and can do it no probs when i get lumped in with a US group, you just have to anticipate a bit better. Run that fraction of a second sooner.

Gateway doesn't work. I had similar issues playing with an OCE group and tried it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't gate/cloak/turtle it.

I thiink there's something funky about it and I'm not sure if it's ping related. I had no problems with the maze on any of my first runs (including in a pre-release playtest), no accidental touches at all. And then I did the dungeon a few days ago and was doing 3-4 fails on every single one (to the point where I almost died); it felt like the sparks were not drawing in the right spot since I was hitting them even on very big, easy gaps. The other people in my run had a lot of trouble too (PuGs though so I don't know if they normally have issues). All through Legion I had a bug where the elevator's location was off visually from where it actually was, and it felt exactly like that. My ping is usually 12-20ms so I'm almost wondering if it was caused by whatever caused the elevator thing rather than latency and things are just drawing in the wrong spot.

I guess it's possible I was just having a bad day but I'm a little cynical. It's also possible that other people have the same result for latency related issues regardless of whether mine was user failure or something else.

In any case, mentioning it in case other people have experienced similar.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Had no problems with this (playing in Sydney) except for times I have just straight-up derped it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No problem at all! I'm a warrior tho, so I just jump over it :V

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    World of purecraft, play a pure dps and just like raid mechanics this maze doesn't apply to you!

Only none of these work except blink maybe, try again.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Yes. Seemed easy last week, but this week was insanely hard. Either they changed something, or maybe I just had higher latency.
    The lightning orbs kinda "jumped" quickly intead of moving smoothly, and I got hit out of nowhere even though on my screen I walked into empty space.
    This seems to punish players with high ping/latency since there is so much less time to react.

I sympathize with you all as I Heroic Leap over it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I sympathize with you all as I Heroic Leap over it.
    Interesting, since Infernal Strike doesn't work which I assume is more or less the exact same ability. Perhaps Heroic Leap has a slightly higher arc?

Infernal Strike works, you just have to double jump on the right place and then IS over it.
    Warlock Gateway also works if placed correctly (on both)

I typically have no problem with it. I can just chi torpedo right through the gaps in one go with proper timing. But for some reason tonight the walls kept syncing up making them extremely hard to get through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

Cloak doesn't work. I tried cloak on my rogue a few days ago and was knocked back.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I'm not sure what the big deal about this was...because I just blinked through it! Looked crazy though. I've only been through that dungeon twice, and both times, I was sitting there forever waiting on 1 or more people to make it through.

These things are definitely a cool idea to put in the game, but when it only works when the technical side of things is perfect (server > Blizz internet > world > Your internet > your PC > your client), then it's just too much. It ends up being more of a pain in the ass, then something cool.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm not sure what the big deal about this was...because I just blinked through it! Looked crazy though. I've only been through that dungeon twice, and both times, I was sitting there forever waiting on 1 or more people to make it through.

These things are definitely a cool idea to put in the game, but when it only works when the technical side of things is perfect (server > Blizz internet > world > Your internet > your PC > your client), then it's just too much. It ends up being more of a pain in the ass, then something cool.
    That's pretty much my thoughts as well. I love a good challenge, and these unique ideas that are put into dungeons are great - when they work. For myself it's dependent on latency, when it's low i get through fine most of the time (admittedly I do derp sometimes!). On the other hand, when latency isn't low, it's just infuriating.

2 addons later we will play mario instead of wow...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be fun (maybe not..) if the lightning maze goes faster on higher m+ keys that would be...interesting with pugs hehe.

I guess all groups could just use a warlock and have them summon, as long as the warlock is not the one who can't get through!

did it this week on 250 ms since im on holiday in canada and IM eu

so its not the ping

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    2 addons later we will play mario instead of wow...
    uhm

remember deadmines cata?

that did it first and that was 8 years ago :P

hell we could just count the grobbulus ooze gauntlet as one in vanilla
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-08-31 at 04:58 AM.

Maze is stupid itself but test your skills , i understand that. But i wont ever understand THE SNAKE HEAD SKELETON ( behind) which is blocking my visual or changing camera angle when i need to see the balls.