When won't we be able to get Ahed of the Curve achievment?

Hi,

I'm a causal raider, I don't have a lot of time and I managed to get my 8/8 on normal and 3/8 hc only by doing pick-up groups. My ilvl is 358 and I don't like mythic+ so my gearing is going to be quite slow...

I really want to get the 8/8 achievement before it's over, will it be when next patch/raid goes live?

I need to see if this goal will be realistic for me, given how slow my gearing will be and how doomed to fails PUG are at my ilvl...

Deleted
    Yes, usually that is correct. Not the next patch, but the next raid that will come with the patch -- it will be unlocked at a later date.

Deleted
    honestly your best shot probably is to make a group and progress, doing a curve run with high IL will only net you with leavers, and if you are luckey they use the same system as they did for trial of valor and Nighthold, meaning you can get the uldir achieve while the next raid is active.

8.1 is probably in november?

Zuldazar probably open in 8.1.5 so you have the buffs of 8.1 (new azerite traits) to easily get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorn View Post
    Hi,

I'm a causal raider, I don't have a lot of time and I managed to get my 8/8 on normal and 3/8 hc only by doing pick-up groups. My ilvl is 358 and I don't like mythic+ so my gearing is going to be quite slow...

I really want to get the 8/8 achievement before it's over, will it be when next patch/raid goes live?

I need to see if this goal will be realistic for me, given how slow my gearing will be and how doomed to fails PUG are at my ilvl...
    I get that nowadays WoW devs do everythign to drive people away from joining guilds, but I seriously don't get how you can have no guild. Even for a casual player it's easy to find a raiding guild, where you'd be a "social" guy and sooner or later you'd get to go for a full clear that after few weeks after raid release becomes trivial even for "heroic progressing guilds". There are always several thousands guilds that clear heroic and get AotC. Puging in recent years has been worse than ever before, by miles. Doing PUG raid is the most dissapointing experience one can get (80% of the time...).

10+ Year Old Account
    AOTC/CE goes away the week the next raid opens. For the final tier of the raid, they go away the day the pre-patch comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Very unlikely that the new raid zuldazar raid opens this year. Maybe the 1-2 boss raid opens, but dont think that would remove CE/Curve.

CE EN was available in ToV & ToV CE was available in NH.

You have plently of time.
    Next year is a long time for now in regards to the content in this game. The new raid will probably be open sometime in December at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    I get that nowadays WoW devs do everythign to drive people away from joining guilds, but I seriously don't get how you can have no guild. Even for a casual player it's easy to find a raiding guild, where you'd be a "social" guy and sooner or later you'd get to go for a full clear that after few weeks after raid release becomes trivial even for "heroic progressing guilds". There are always several thousands guilds that clear heroic and get AotC. Puging in recent years has been worse than ever before, by miles. Doing PUG raid is the most dissapointing experience one can get (80% of the time...).
    This is so true. Almost every guild outside hardcore Mythic guilds are happy to have social/casual members who join in on raids when they can. Since the introduction of flexible raids the entire mindset around "You have to show and perform or you're kicked" is really no longer a part of 90% of guilds. It's the same with M+ dungeons, pugging them is the most toxic experience possible but doing them in a guild group is a thousand times more relaxed and enjoyable.

@OP Next time you're sitting in trade chat look for a guild that welcomes social members and try engaging with them a bit. Join a dungeon group or jump into one of their raids, you'll make some friends and get some gear and progression in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    This is so true. Almost every guild outside hardcore Mythic guilds are happy to have social/casual members who join in on raids when they can. Since the introduction of flexible raids the entire mindset around "You have to show and perform or you're kicked" is really no longer a part of 90% of guilds. It's the same with M+ dungeons, pugging them is the most toxic experience possible but doing them in a guild group is a thousand times more relaxed and enjoyable.

@OP Next time you're sitting in trade chat look for a guild that welcomes social members and try engaging with them a bit. Join a dungeon group or jump into one of their raids, you'll make some friends and get some gear and progression in the process.
    Impossible, I am so irregular with my shifts and having to take care of a newborn that I almost do all of my raiding on random times, sometimes I have to stop midway because baby crying etc. Being in a guild group would be too demanding and I would fail them too many times. Being in PUG I can stop whenever and they just replace me. I even don't run PUG MM+ because of that.