A Question about Main Stats: Should Enh Use Daggers?

For elemental, does a 10% increase in intellect and nothing else result in a net 10% dps increase? I always had this in mind when manually deciding if an upgrade is worth it or not but it now got me thinking, if this is the case, what's the point of Vers as a stat from a pure damage perspective, if it does the same thing as our main stat, but in a lesser manner.

I believe this approach wasn't true for melee since weapon dps mattered, but since the switch in BFA to main stats, does it also hold for enhancement? And if weapon dps doesn't matter at all, shouldn't enh use daggers for more maelstrom generation, more procs at the cost of higher number of lower hitting flametongue ticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tantypops View Post
    ... shouldn't enh use daggers ...
    Blizz made it so that Daggers do not count as a 1-hand weapon for Enh Shamans. And since some of our main abilities (Stormstrike/LavaLash iirc) require a 1-hand weapon in both our hands, you would be unable to use them with a dagger equipped.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think you cant use SS and LL with daggers so better check that out before you invest anything in it

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"