Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I’ve never seen anyone who didn’t like Infinity War. That’s like not liking The Matrix (1999).
    I did like Infinity War, but it's probably not in my top5, maybe in top 10. Matrix was okay, but way too much hype by the time I saw it much later.

Infinity War had plenty of good moments, but was spread thin and the ending was pointless, IMO. I'm actually confused why anyone felt anything from the Snap. "Oh no, Spiderman, noooooo". It's less permanent than Rhodey's paralysis, at least they might mention that, Spiderman probably won't even remember it due to time-shenanigans.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I did like Infinity War, but it's probably not in my top5, maybe in top 10. Matrix was okay, but way too much hype by the time I saw it much later.

Infinity War had plenty of good moments, but was spread thin and the ending was pointless, IMO. I'm actually confused why anyone felt anything from the Snap. "Oh no, Spiderman, noooooo". It's less permanent than Rhodey's paralysis, at least they might mention that, Spiderman probably won't even remember it due to time-shenanigans.
    Theres also no way you can miss the Dr strange stuff because they spell it out so much unless you're not paying attention or you're a young kid and didnt understand it so the whole ending falls pretty flat for anyone paying attention
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

I am not ashamed to admit that I sobbed when Peter died.

And I am ready to have that wrong turned around into a right. I am not fine with that being Peter's end!! Thanos could have used his damned gauntlet to create rather than destroy, solving issues that way instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    the film felt like a finish line.

If you watch it from start to finish without seeing any previous marvel films it makes little to no sense.

Its not a stand alone film. That really isnt hard to understand
    There aren't many sequels that stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The movie will do great, but I also think it will be the end of the Marvel universe success in the box office.

The main storyline will be done, the cast will likely be done and I am willing to bet that they are going to make very unpopular character choices at the end of the movie.
    100% correct.

I'm looking forward to Avengers 4 with a sense of excitement and sadness. Excited for the final instalment of a well created Marvel series. But saddened that it is all coming to an end, knowing that the movies to follow will be the same sjw cluster fuck that ruined the current Marvel comic industry. The thought of Captain Marvel leading the new politically correct identity politics avengers makes me want to puke.

The movies will continue to be a financial success, but nowhere near same hype and $ the current films enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    100% correct.

I'm looking forward to Avengers 4 with a sense of excitement and sadness. Excited for the final instalment of a well created Marvel series. But saddened that it is all coming to an end, knowing that the movies to follow will be the same sjw cluster fuck that ruined the current Marvel comic industry. The thought of Captain Marvel leading the new politically correct identity politics avengers makes me want to puke.

The movies will continue to be a financial success, but nowhere near same hype and $ the current films enjoyed.
    Oh Jesus, did you have come in here and toss some piss into a perfectly decent conversation with your anti-sjw pro-MRA malarkey? You see problems where there are none. All. The. Damn. Time.

I mean, maybe wait for more than a teaser trailer to crap on Capt Marvel for being a, lol, "sjw cluster fuck".

But saddened that it is all coming to an end, knowing that the movies to follow will be the same sjw cluster fuck that ruined the current Marvel comic industry. The thought of Captain Marvel leading the new politically correct identity politics avengers makes me want to puke.
    Is this really anything other than a word-salad of buzz words?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Avengers 4: Look at me, I am the captain now.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Oh Jesus, did you have come in here and toss some piss into a perfectly decent conversation with your anti-sjw pro-MRA malarkey? You see problems where there are none. All. The. Damn. Time.

I mean, maybe wait for more than a teaser trailer to crap on Capt Marvel for being a, lol, "sjw cluster fuck".
    Captain Marvel is already being portrayed as 'for the wammin". It's another Ghostbusters and I wouldn't watch it at gun point. But that's fine, they aren't making these movies for me. Like Star Wars they are taking the Avengers in a direction I don't want to follow so for me Avengers 4 will be the finale of a very well made series.

I'm sure there are lots of people who share my opinion, but not enough to stop the franchise from being a financial success regardless, so not seeing what the big deal is.

Oh, and as an aside Captain Marvel was a shitty superhero and a failed comic series, she was never that popular so I wouldn't have had any interest in the film even if it wasn't an sjw clusterfuck. Most people I know who aren't big comic fans have never even heard of Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel is already being portrayed as 'for the wammin". It's another Ghostbusters and I wouldn't watch it at gun point. But that's fine, they aren't making these movies for me. Like Star Wars they are taking the Avengers in a direction I don't want to follow so for me Avengers 4 will be the finale of a very well made series.

I'm sure there are lots of people who share my opinion, but not enough to stop the franchise from being a financial success regardless, so not seeing what the big deal is.

Oh, and as an aside Captain Marvel was a shitty superhero and a failed comic series, she was never that popular so I wouldn't have had any interest in the film even if it wasn't an sjw clusterfuck. Most people I know who aren't big comic fans have never even heard of Captain Marvel.
    Lol at your "aside". Because everyone heard of Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange and Black Panther before their films, right?

Basically what your telling us is you don't just see problems where there are none, you're getting so pre-triggered about this movie that you need to wish it into a failure. I mean, that last paragraph reads almost as badly as a Trump text when he's trying to knock down someone that hurt his fee-fees.

Pretty much all of Tony Stark's emotional arc has been about Thanos, theres also been no hint to a threat bigger than him.

Only because you are a comic book reader are you aware there are threats bigger than thanos still out there but the films havent set that up yet.
    Ego, and knowhere would like to have a word with you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    Ego, and knowhere would like to have a word with you.
    Guardians defeated Ego. Why didnt the guardians + the avengers beat thanos?

Thanos clearly trumps ego in the mcu films

Guardians defeated Ego. Why didnt the guardians + the avengers beat thanos?

Thanos clearly trumps ego in the mcu films
    the celestials are a race, there are more then 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    the celestials are a race, there are more then 2.
    Are they are gonna pull them out of their ass like Cap Marvel? Been no mention or foreshadowing of them.

Are they are gonna pull them out of their ass like Cap Marvel? Been no mention or foreshadowing of them.
    The celestials have been mentioned in the GotG movies. We even see one when the Collector explains the infinity stones to the Guardians in the first movie.

That said, I don't feel like there's any reason to expect celestials to play much of a role in the future of the MCU. At least not as main antagonists.

A bit more on topic though, what I don't get is the expectation that the MCU will sputter out after AV4. All they need to do is drop some crazy post-credits teaser on the end of AV4 that hints at the next big bad and you can be sure everything will remain golden.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    A bit more on topic though, what I don't get is the expectation that the MCU will sputter out after AV4. All they need to do is drop some crazy post-credits teaser on the end of AV4 that hints at the next big bad and you can be sure everything will remain golden.
    It really is a shame, I think, that Avengers4 is coming out when it is. Given another year for instance, the UnSnapping could have unleashed some world changing event that unlocked the Xmen/FF/ Fox properties. The post credit scene could have just been some notable (Doom/ Wolverine/ whatever) making some comment ("what new world is this?") that the worlds were combined or something.

I think Avengers 4 will just be the end of the Avengers, myself. Yes, we'll get a new Avengers movie in a few years maybe, but it'll be a mostly different team with a new threat established by other movies between now and then.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Just have Nova crash into earth screaming that something is coming.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Or show the rocket preparing to launch the FF into space. Slow pan up the side of it, freeze on the name for a second, cut to black.
    Was thinking of the Ultimates introduction to Galactus or in the comic Gah-lak-tus.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

My biggest fear for Avengers 4 is the villain and the motivation there.

Thanos wasnt evil he just wanted to balance everything out cause of what he saw on his home planet so it gave him a psychopaths logic and he completed his goal

Thanos is now content and prolly wounded from the axe and his glove looked pretty fucked up and he has no way to get a new one so where does Thanos go from here?

He never wanted to rule the galaxy just bring balance to it which he did so why would we need a massive team of superheroes to take him down? Is it just so they can steal the gems and somehow reverse everything he did?

All of Thanos henchmen are dead he is just a broken husk now with a broken gauntlet that yes still has the gems but the gauntlet looked pretty fucked so i doubt he could weld it that well now unless reasons in the next film.

I must say i cant wait for Avengers 4 it could be the icing on a epic cake of awesomeness and i do have confidence they will deliver but its just a nagging feeling i have in the back of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    My biggest fear for Avengers 4 is the villain and the motivation there.

Thanos wasnt evil he just wanted to balance everything out cause of what he saw on his home planet so it gave him a psychopaths logic and he completed his goal

Thanos is now content and prolly wounded from the axe and his glove looked pretty fucked up and he has no way to get a new one so where does Thanos go from here?

He never wanted to rule the galaxy just bring balance to it which he did so why would we need a massive team of superheroes to take him down? Is it just so they can steal the gems and somehow reverse everything he did?

All of Thanos henchmen are dead he is just a broken husk now with a broken gauntlet that yes still has the gems but the gauntlet looked pretty fucked so i doubt he could weld it that well now unless reasons in the next film.

I must say i cant wait for Avengers 4 it could be the icing on a epic cake of awesomeness and i do have confidence they will deliver but its just a nagging feeling i have in the back of my mind.
    Inb4 the Last Jedi 2.0
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."