Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Avatar had plenty of people rewatching it over and over...
    Endgame is one and done...
    I'm not sure what other movies were running around that time frame either, right now I think there's plenty of more movies to see for folks that liked Endgame.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Really? Cap's moment didn't excite you? Tony's moment neither? Tony's snap was somewhat expected, but no one saw the Cap twist coming. I was at the edge of my seat for that whole sequence.
    Cap in 1st movie was a different person, while he rose to the occasion to do heroic deeds, he was aware of the captain cringe persona his superiors wanted to put on a show for the troops. But...then he is changed into thinking he is that kind of person...he morphs into one-dimensional character..
    As for civil war, don't get me started, like that was so forced...like watching an episode of the kardashians..
    Bucky, oh god, what a name...as if its a kid in Stand by me movie, or Stranger Things..even less personality than Cap. If I want to see robot arm guy with guns, I want to watch Cable from Deadpool 2. If they showed Bucky for 5 minutes, I'd fall asleep in the theater..
    If only Cap had remained a more self-aware character, he would have been redeemable..

Iron Man didn't make sense...I like the character, movies 1-2 (not 3rd). All the power of the universe, but he hasn't got the power to heal himself?... he won't go back to his family? Instead we have to go see Cap time-travel, or rather we didn't, felt pointless.
    What was the freakin point of him getting to meet his own father at last, and then his arch doesn't end with him carrying on himself being a father for his kid...great, so his kid gets to be fatherless too!?.............I guess they needed a martyr to give people feels, and Marvel is going into new direction, so they needed to ridd themselves of a bunch of characters...

Interesting, the portals scene was probably my favorite moment at the movies. There is so much more going on here than the jedi scene, I'm shocked that you could even make the comparison. It's such a massive payoff of Cap's arc: growing from a small rejected WWII soldier to leading an army, saving the universe. "On your left" calling back to Cap passing Falcon in Winter Soldier. The "Assemble" line, right after catching Mjolnir!
    Protection Paladin tanking Thanos? Well, I liked that he unleashed the hammer's power, not his avengers assemble line...that was just silly, most there don't even know who he is, or care about the avengers, I liked how Drax & Mantis yawned at Iron Man in previous movie "we stopped listening when you said you had a plan" Tonys ego auto-assumes that everyone sees him as important just cuz they do so on planet earth
    I doubt those Nova guys, or Asgardians noticed or cared what Cap had to say.

Endgame has a lot of spectacle, but it's not really competing with Avatar on this level. Rather, it is awesome for tying together a massive 22-film story arc. So many large franchises had mediocre endings (GoT, Dexter, LOST), it's refreshing to get a conclusion that was properly executed.
    No denying it was a monumental task to tie so many characters together..easier with Avatar with one movie.
    Many people, especially women, are into love-stories, and Avatar had that with Jake Sully n Smurfette. Avengers however...uh.............................

uh................

....uh............

Whatever happened with Black Widow n Hulk? and then she dies n arrow guy is the most sad of all, not Hulk, because there was so little development of black widow where she was going. She was mostly around saying supportive one-liners for the team n occasionally punching some dudes..Arrow guy had a family so him n black widow never made sense to me..

Had they done something with her and a love story in Avengers, then fer sure the movie could have gained a lot more millions in ticket sales. From women

Then there was Scarlet Witch and Vision. Oh god, Vision, this ultra-powerful individual/robot, is just bitch-slapped in infinity war, somehow manages to be more useless than black widow, even though she has not 1% of his powers...she can fight with Thanos best guys, but Vision can't? And that is the body that Ultron wanted to possess?...wtf?
    And his personality is even more jarring than Cap, I'd rather watch Cap any day than Vision, there's no chemistry in any interaction Vision has, not even his love interest Scarlet Witch.
    Vision is just impotent, his character might as well have been written by Chris Metzen..

As for the comics, I can't really compare because I don't read them much. Nevertheless, people often praise the MCU for following the comics, and the new Spiderman trailer may be opening up a whole new realm of story opportunities (multiverse). Not to mention the Fantastic 4 and Xmen inclusions that will be arriving...
    I liked Mysterio in the old comics, gave me dr.strange vibes
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-06-05 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was wrong with said people? It was shit.

To be honest I've never watched Avatar all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Now that Disney have the rights to Deadpool, and the X-Men and Fantastic Four. You could see X-Men flip into Avengers movies or vice versa.

With the time travel thing with End Game you have alternate timelines you could go down as well. (Thought I cringe at these).
    This is basically what everyone is expecting with the new Spiderman being about the multiverse. Very easy to shoe in Xmen, F4 and Deadpool if they just pop in somehow from an alternate universe rather then trying to retcon 22 films where they somehow existed at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    To be honest I've never watched Avatar all the way through.
    I went to the cinema to see it, 3D was nice and everything else was shit. Why people would keep going to see 3D effects for such a boring movie, I do not know.

Tried to watch it again when it came to either Prime or Netflix, but didn't get far as it is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Now that Disney have the rights to Deadpool, and the X-Men and Fantastic Four. You could see X-Men flip into Avengers movies or vice versa.

With the time travel thing with End Game you have alternate timelines you could go down as well. (Thought I cringe at these).
    I am down for them using timetravel/alternative timeline just one more time and then close that door for good. So many things can be ruined by that shit

Endgame is one and done...
    I never saw it in theaters because it looked stupid. After actually watching it years later it only confirmed my suspicions. It's a terribly average movie with terrible dialogue and one dimensional characters. Only thing I remember from the movie is 'Unobtainium' really?? It has almost zero cultural impact as well. I can't remember a single character name or quote you a single line from that movie. For being the highest grossing movie of all time, it doesn't have any long lasting impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Avatar is a spectacle, an event, there is almost no comparison..
    No its an overhyped piece of trash.
    Just because something does look good it does mean its worse something.

Endgame at least had a good story. Blue pocahontas didnt.

Avatar/Cameron rose the bar with Avatar. Thats why it was such a big hit. It wasnt an amazing movie as such as it was an event. People flooded the cinema's to see the 3D spectacle

Similar to avengers actually in many ways. Not a great individual movie but it was an event to send off a mostly decent to epic saga. With a lot more duds than hits tbh. (For every guardians 1/iron man 1/winter solider is a dozen Iron man 2/thor/thor 2/antman and the wasp etc)

Iron man 1 was the bar raiser for Marvels saga. Not end game
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-06-07 at 07:46 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    In a united mcu, wouldn't make more sense for wolverine or deadpool to wield the infinity gauntlet rather than iron man due to them regenerating?

Also, so much easier with adamantium blades to chop of thanos' gauntlet hand rather than trying to pull it off..unless his armor can withstand it... but some parts of his arms were exposed at all times.
    I wonder, was thanos big sword, made of adamantium? How else could he destroy Cap's shield?

Magneto, well he could just unravel the gauntlet, so could phoenix n wear the stones with no need for gauntlet, then we also have telepathy from phoenix, prof x psyloche..

Hmmm...seems to me x-men are better equipped n thanos would have lost infinity war, unless he decided to drop the moon on magneto or something.. but phoenix could just stop that..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-06-07 at 08:56 AM.

Hmmm...seems to me x-men are better equipped n thanos would have lost infinity war, unless he decided to drop the moon on magneto or something..
    To be fair I have trouble imagining anyone lose any battle with the Time Stone.

Thanos was beyond stupid to use his fully-powered gauntlet to only pewpewlasergun at Stormbreaker instead of
    1- Teleporting it in another Galaxy
    2- Stopping it in time
    3- Changing it to bubbles as he did with Starlord/Gamora's weapons
    4- ... Snapping, and instead of "erase half of the universe", just snap to "erase half of the universe + Stormbreaker"

That laserbeam was lame af
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-06-07 at 08:56 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    On second thought, don't give infinity gauntlet to Deadpool, he would just fap with it.

But he would remake the universe so it would be awesome place to live...that would be a comic i'd want to read, minus the fap part
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-06-07 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Came back to the thread to see new Easter eggs and theories

Instead I got

Endgame is shit for quality
    Lion King will surpass it
    Avatar and Pocahontas discussion

You all suck
    Captured my general thoughts pretty accurately. Not sure why these forums are worth my time anymore.

I also like how the first response after yours consists of a 50% read of your post and a snark bonanza.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Captured my general thoughts pretty accurately. Not sure why these forums are worth my time anymore.

I also like how the first response after yours consists of a 50% read of your post and a snark bonanza.
    Thanks for that, didn't notice it myself. Little cuck didn't have the internet balls to quote me so I could reply

This thread got 131 pages, if you can't find endgame, I don't know what to say..

Also, you could just have started easter egg discussion instead of whining you can't find it.

Btw, Avatar was brought up by the endgame fans, or fanatics which the word derives from, constantly.
    2nd, the behavior of some of them is just disgusting, James Cameron congratulated endgame, but so many shit all over him, grown people behaving like little kids. Hadn't that bad behavior constantly been popping up, all the damn trolling, I wouldn't have cared one iota. It's annoying that people go to war, carrying on their marvel vs. dc wars into some 'old' movie n everyone who isn't involved in that just stand there on the side-lines looking, what the fuck is wrong with these people? Like seeing hooligans for a sport they didn't know had hooligans.

I have to say, it's Schadenfreude, to see all those man-babies loose their great battle vs j.cameron, maybe they can go back to just watching movies n learn some fucking manners..

Maybe the worst part is the call to go out and see the movie, after people have already seen it the set x amount of times they wanted to go see it at the cinema.
    "Take one for the team!" jesus christ...so fucking pointless, human population keeps increasing, there will come a movie in the future that will dwarf any movie from our era, in ticket sales...so what is the point of you trying to win a "war"? There is no winning, just enjoy the movie, n don't feel pressured to 'win' cuz there is no winning. Eventually movies will cross the 4 billion barrier, and the 5 billion, and the 6 and so on...so, you wasted your money for nothing.
    This threads got 131 pages, I've read most of them as replies were added. I didn't come here to see you lot talking nonsense. The thread has a title, stick to it or let it die off, it's literally that simple. Threads get closed daily because they get derailed or people chat shit that has nothing to do with original topic.

Did you also the miss the part where I said new Easter eggs have been found? When thats my intent why would I come posting my own Easter eggs? Or should I just make some up?

And lastly, I don't give a flying toss who brought up that nonsense because it is nonsense and shouldn't be in this thread at all.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-06-07 at 03:10 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    -snip-
    Dude, you keep posting, again mentioning easter eggs yet u don't bother talking about them at all. Nobody is hindering you in any way. Just go read an article since you obviously couldn't be bothered to contribute in any way here...Some people have that marvel gossip as their freaking job, google that shit is not hard.

Ur just lazy n annoying
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-06-07 at 03:12 PM.

Dude, you keep posting, again mentioning easter eggs yet u don't bother talking about them at all. Nobody is hindering you in any way. Just go read an article since you obviously couldn't be bothered to contribute in any way here...Some people have that marvel gossip as their freaking job, google that shit is not hard.

Ur just lazy n annoying
    You keep misunderstanding (deliberately?) what they're saying and then shooting off at the mouth based on that misunderstanding. Are you sure you have an accurate assessment of who is lazy and annoying?

Ur just lazy n annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    You keep misunderstanding (deliberately?) what they're saying and then shooting off at the mouth based on that misunderstanding. Are you sure you have an accurate assessment of who is lazy and annoying?
    Took the words right out of my mouth

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I kinda wonder how the whole returning the Soul Stone turned out once Cap saw it was Red Skull who was it's keeper?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.