Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Yeah. Cap's decision makes total sense in the context of the larger storyline. Although, thinking about it now, it's kinda effed up that Bucky isn't offered to join along as well. That's his best friend, and he probably wants to relive his past as well. Visit old friends and family...
    Watching the scene, it would appear Bucky seems to know what's going on already. I would imagine he's discussed this with Cap and is aware of what's going on, as well as his choice for a successor (hence why Bucky stands back with knowing smile while urging Sam forward to speak to Old Cap.)

I think it's safe to guess that Bucky had the same option open to him and declined to take it for his own reasons.
    Last edited by Leih; 2019-05-02 at 12:18 PM.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Like the flops Wonder Women and Captain Marvel?

I get you guys are scared of strong women with opinions, but to literally fabricated a new reality is taking your cowardice a little too far.
    That's a bit far-fetched to automatically criticize geeks for "hating strong women" when the classics for a lot of "male nerds" contain Alien and Terminator.

Maybe we enjoy "strong women with opinions", when they're actually well-written and make sense, not when they're shoe-horned into the story, bland and interest-less (Captain Marvel movie fell flat, imo, due to the fact her backstory is meh and the movie lacks any form of villain, the main threat being Ronan who cowardly leave "lol I'm out of there").

But feel free to go on firmly believing Captain Marvel is disliked because she's a girl. Maybe Leto's Joker is a girl too ? Dunno.

Edit: In case you still don't get it, I think a lot of "Marvel male fans" actually like Scarlet Witch, despite her being a woman.
    Edit2: that's completely off-topic I guess so I won't go further. :P
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-05-02 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That's a bit far-fetched to automatically criticize geeks for "hating strong women" when the classics for a lot of "male nerds" contain Alien and Terminator.

Maybe we enjoy "strong women with opinions", when they're actually well-written and make sense, not when they're shoe-horned into the story, bland and interest-less (Captain Marvel movie fell flat, imo, due to the fact her backstory is meh and the movie lacks any form of villain, the main threat being Ronan who cowardly leave "lol I'm out of there").

But feel free to go on firmly believing Captain Marvel is disliked because she's a girl. Maybe Leto's Joker is a girl too ? Dunno.
    Learn to read. The post I was responding too, had nothing to do with your argument whatsoever.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: In case you still don't get it, I think a lot of "Marvel male fans" actually like Scarlet Witch, despite her being a woman.
    Edit2: that's completely off-topic I guess so I won't go further. :P
    From what I've seen, people don't like Captain Marvel because Brie Larson said she'd prefer to be interviewed by women. This triggered anti-sjw's so hard, some of them made *literally* over a hundred videos prophesying the movie's doom.

As for her character being 'boring', that fits her brainwashed-soldier role in the movie. Maybe she was a tad bland in Endgame as well, but keep in mind that they filmed that BEFORE her solo movie. I'm willing to give her room to grow into something more entertaining. It took Thor 2 bland solo movies to find his best character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Then you don't understand statistics. It's about .78% chance that those 6 would have been dusted. Less than one percent.
    Exactly. So would Far From Home then be... "oh hey we're back, let's go on that trip we were planning, in spite of the world MASSIVELY changing." That's just... too odd. I'm guessing MCU has 3 ways to go now:

-Tony did more than we saw with his snap
    -The world goes on and the snap is hand-waved away, and just sets us up for a few future characters (Like Cassie Lang being Stature now that she's older)
    -We end up following the MCU from a nicer timeline: the one where thanos just up and disappeared

I'm expecting item 2, where people just don't even acknowledge all the repercussions of the snap, because it's so messy when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    It really didn't make sense. They sounded like Chris Metzen at Blizzcon talking out of their ass.
    Agreed. It's like they expected people to just go along for the ride and not want things to make sense "because comic book movie", and to an extent I think a lot of people are on board, but it does sound like they didn't think out things too much further. It could be because Far From Home (which is the end of the phase) will tie a lot of things together and they want to avoid spoiling a lot. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until after I see Far From Home.

Going to watch Endgame again this weekend, first movie I've double dipped in the theaters that I can recall since Die Hard. Will be going as much for the crowd as the movie, was just a lot of fun first time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Thanos and his assorted henchmen/armies just reverse engineered and then cranked out more Pym particles. This is confirmed by Russos.
    And that makes sense for getting through to the future, sure.

It doesn't make sense from a weaponized point of view.

Thanos: hey black order, who wants to be 50' tall for this battle?
    <Everyone raises hand>
    Thanos: me too!
    <everyone beams down and stomps the avengers into the ground, fin>

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    And that makes sense for getting through to the future, sure.

It doesn't make sense from a weaponized point of view.

Thanos: hey black order, who wants to be 50' tall for this battle?
    <Everyone raises hand>
    Thanos: me too!
    <everyone beams down and stomps the avengers into the ground, fin>
    Lol oh man that would have been amazing.

I guess the argument (admittedly Marvel No-Prize caliber) is that they only understood it to facilitate entering the Quantum Realm and therefore never even thought about its other technological implications?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I am questioning your statistics on that one. Billions of people got dusted, including at least half of Peter's class, so it is more than probable that those 6 got dusted. I mean some of them might not have been dusted, some might have survived and moved on. we don't know yet. However, regardless of statistics and anything else, if those 6 reappear in Far From Home that is what they will go with to justify their appearance
    The statistics is pointless here though. If the plot demands the actors come back for the next movie, then the plot demands they all got dusted. Plain and simple really. You can nitpick away at it if you want, but the plot demand will overrule any logical thinking.
    Last edited by crono14; 2019-05-02 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    The statistics is pointless here though. If the plot demands the actors come back for the next movie, then the plot demands they all got dusted. Plain and simple really. You can nitpick away at it if you want, but the plot demand will overrule any logical thinking.
    That's a weak justification though. Yes, it's true, but generally a story is better the less "insane" levels of coincidence it contains.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    That's a weak justification though. Yes, it's true, but generally a story is better the less "insane" levels of coincidence it contains.
    I always thought since Ant Man & the Wasp it was unrealistic for Hope, Janet, and Hank to all get dusted, but that HAD to happen for Scott's storyline to happen in Endgame. So it's not really the first time it has happened in the MCU. If they wanted to get rid of Flash from Homecoming for example, they just don't dust him and he has aged 5 years so likely not going to be in high school anymore. I just had to enjoy endgame for what it is, because I can nitpick that movie to death and I left with a lot of irks and questions after the movie. I just appreciate what the movie is and what it did, it's still a great achievement for cinema.

If the infinity stones are sentient, why would they let Thanos use their power to destroy them?

Enjoyable but I really wish there was more Hulk and even Dr Strange action. Two main avengers movies and the Hulk was pretty much MIA in the action. Would have been amazing if their initial showdown with Thanos was the main 4 Avengers.

That and the biggest question that's bugged me in the movie is why Stark didn't implement a failsafe for the glove he developed. They came super close to losing again with a Thanos snap.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I always thought since Ant Man & the Wasp it was unrealistic for Hope, Janet, and Hank to all get dusted, but that HAD to happen for Scott's storyline to happen in Endgame. So it's not really the first time it has happened in the MCU. If they wanted to get rid of Flash from Homecoming for example, they just don't dust him and he has aged 5 years so likely not going to be in high school anymore.
    To be fair, it's very likely the whole system shut down after the snap, schools probably didn't continue teaching for maybe 2 or 3 years, if any.
    Flash could very well not be snapped, but when everyone got unsnapped, he has to go back to school to where he was 5 years ago. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Avengers: Endgame grossed an estimated $157.8M internationally on Wednesday. International total stands at $1.212B, global total stands at $1.664B.
    https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...665283073?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by I am disappoint View Post
    If the infinity stones are sentient, why would they let Thanos use their power to destroy them?
    I don't think it's ever really said they are sentient by any means. Sure Dr. Selvig says the stone was 'misbehaving' and the Mind Stone does have some sort of 'thinking' I suppose before it is used to create Ultron. If anything I see the gems much as the Ring in LoTR. The gems are the remnants of a single entity from a previous universe and came into our universe via the Big Bang. So I would think there are possibly some remnants of the 'soul' of that being in each gem as it relates to the different aspects of existence. I doubt that being really infused his malice or any emotion much like Sauron did, so the gems are just really neutral. They just exist. The bearer of said gems can use the power of the gems however they want. I don't think the gems care about survival.

I always thought since Ant Man & the Wasp it was unrealistic for Hope, Janet, and Hank to all get dusted, but that HAD to happen for Scott's storyline to happen in Endgame. So it's not really the first time it has happened in the MCU. If they wanted to get rid of Flash from Homecoming for example, they just don't dust him and he has aged 5 years so likely not going to be in high school anymore. I just had to enjoy endgame for what it is, because I can nitpick that movie to death and I left with a lot of irks and questions after the movie. I just appreciate what the movie is and what it did, it's still a great achievement for cinema.
    Don't mischaracterize, I loved Endgame. 9/10 easy. Not to mention, this is about Far From Home and not Endgame.

I'm curious to see what they do for Far From Home, and I don't expect myself to suddenly hate the film if all the supporting cast from Homecoming magically lost the numbers game and got dusted. But I'm also not going to act like that isn't a massively convenient "coincidence" and that the story would likely be stronger without such a contrivance.

Of course, this is all speculation for a movie not out yet, and Marvel likes to trick us with deceptive trailer bits, so we'll see what happens.

To be fair, it's very likely the whole system shut down after the snap, schools probably didn't continue teaching for maybe 2 or 3 years, if any.
    Flash could very well not be snapped, but when everyone got unsnapped, he has to go back to school to where he was 5 years ago. :P
    Per the existing trailer, Flash has not aged.

I don't think it's ever really said they are sentient by any means. Sure Dr. Selvig says the stone was 'misbehaving' and the Mind Stone does have some sort of 'thinking' I suppose before it is used to create Ultron. If anything I see the gems much as the Ring in LoTR. The gems are the remnants of a single entity from a previous universe and came into our universe via the Big Bang. So I would think there are possibly some remnants of the 'soul' of that being in each gem as it relates to the different aspects of existence. I doubt that being really infused his malice or any emotion much like Sauron did, so the gems are just really neutral. They just exist. The bearer of said gems can use the power of the gems however they want. I don't think the gems care about survival.
    The Soul Stone is definitely confirmed to be sentient. It hungers for souls. Which also means that Gamora wasn't dead, she was in a pocket dimension created by the Soul Stone, and her soul must've been released when Thanos destroyed it. It also means Black Widow is trapped in the Soul Stone of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by I am disappoint View Post
    The Soul Stone is definitely confirmed to be sentient. It hungers for souls. Which also means that Gamora wasn't dead, she was in a pocket dimension created by the Soul Stone, and her soul must've been released when Thanos destroyed it. It also means Black Widow is trapped in the Soul Stone of the past.
    I suppose it depends on what your definition of sentient really is. Definition of sentient if the ability to feel and perceive things. Do the gems actually feel any emotion or care about anything? I would argue no. The way to obtain the soul gem is by sacrificing the thing you love the most. But the soul gem doesn't care about who that person is or feel anything. Yes Gamora and BW are trapped in the soul stone, but they are not able to be brought back which was confirmed in EG. This contradicts the comics however as people have been resurrected and brought back from the Soul World, I believe Drax and Gamora were brought back by Adam Warlock while he possessed it.

If we are talking about the comics, I would agree the gems are certainly sentient, but I don't think they have plans at all or care who uses the gem. The movies however mostly show the gems as more or less tools that just kind of exist. The Collector in the MCU says the stones came from 6 different singularities. In the comics they are from a sentient being called Nemesis who is lonely being the only sentient being in the universe. I just don't think they have necessarily a will being good or evil. They are neither in that regard.
    Last edited by crono14; 2019-05-02 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    While people discuss some part of the plot, there is one part that trouble me since I saw it, I don't know if someone brought it up before, but was Tony snap really that necessary. Thanos invasion was already getting their ass handled, their ship was down, they were outnumbered, impossible to get backup and a fraction of the Avenger already kicked their ass in Infinity War, no reason they couldn't do same again. Just make Stark fly as far away as he can, and using the nano gauntlet to shield him from the effect of the gems, if they could insta steal them from the first gauntlet, no reason they could encase them safely
    Maybe he did that in one of the 14,000,605 outcomes Strange saw but in the end Thanos would get it back and win. This was the only way, these are the rules they set up in this universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Enjoyable but I really wish there was more Hulk and even Dr Strange action. Two main avengers movies and the Hulk was pretty much MIA in the action. Would have been amazing if their initial showdown with Thanos was the main 4 Avengers.

That and the biggest question that's bugged me in the movie is why Stark didn't implement a failsafe for the glove he developed. They came super close to losing again with a Thanos snap.
    I can't agree about Strange. However I do agree about Hulk. Sure HE was the one that got everyone back, but damn I would love to see him smash... Rematch against Thanos etc. However maybe next time...

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainmen...ource=facebook

Russos confirm that Cap actually did travel to a branch reality when staying in the past, and he returned through means that are supposed to be revealed in the future. Intentional or a clean up of bad plotting, I’m glad the Russos at least care about their movies. It’s no wonder theirs are widely considered as better than the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, saw this movie today. Lots of fun. Enjoyed it thoroughly. A bit confused on why Thanos (and Gamora and old Nebula) got dusted, since they still had a future to go to where Thanos got the stones, unless Nebula's short circuit caused a splinter timeline in which Thanos gets dusted there. Which I guess make a modicum of sense.

Also I guess Loki escaping with the Tesseract formed another splinter universe?

Are they setting up all these splinters as potential plot hooks for, say, Tessa Thompson's Thor, or the Guardians to deal with, etc?

Either way, I'm not invested enough to care about these minor things ruining the movie for me.
    Old Nebula died, Gamora probably surived because she was no longer part of "Thanos force" which was what Tony snapped away (I assume).
    She also never returned to her new timeline and maybe will be part of Asguardians of the Galaxy, aka Gotg 3.
    So now there is an alternative timeline were Thanos and his forces does not exist past the year 2014, nor Nebula or Gamora. (which changes a lot of things)
    Same with Loki, there is now an alternative timeline were Loki escaped the battle of NY in 2012 with the tesseract.
    Same with Cap going back to live his life with Peggy. So yeah they are more or less setting up a "multiverse" now, lets se how it turns out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Yeah I agree. I think another that probably another reason that influenced their decision is that the movie is already pretty long, so that resulted in them going down that route and use her sparingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the final movie of Chris Evans? I wish they could've fleshed out Falcon becoming the new Captain America just a bit more, maybe a final Captain America movie to serve as farewell to Chris Evan? RDJ'S Tony Stark for example, felt way more as a farewell than Chris Evan passing the role of Captain America to Falcon, so that's why I'm wondering if there'll be a final movie with Evan possibly being in the past, or even some sort of prequel to Endgame.
    No I don't think this is the end of Chris as Cap. However by doing what they did will give Chris a little break. He has said in interviews that he wanna do more directing and smaller movies. So maybe he will be back in 5-6 years, who knows. Because Hulk could make Scott an old man, a kid and a baby, they can use the same tech and reverse old Cap to prime again.
    I don't think Falcon will become Captain America, he will maybe wield the shield but still go by the name Falcon