Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 92 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How is them getting 5 minutes of life before being snapped again a win? Or meaningful?
    What?

The timeline would go like this-

Thanos' original snap->Collect the stones again->Hulk's snap to bring them back to that point in time->the final snap to send Thanos back to before his original snap

So Thanos only gets up to his original snap again, gets rid of 50% of the population at that point, and then Hulk still brings them back 5 years later
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-05-04 at 08:18 PM.

That was in reference to the stones as it would erase the timeline that Thanos came from(supposedly). Hence the relay race trying to get through the portal in the back of the van with the gauntlet. Once it was destroyed Tony was forced to snap and sacrifice his own life.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they were dusted.
    but gamora isn't back....when the guardians left in the ship she was nowhere to be found, and that's why thor is now with them
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Him being alive in the current timeline, sans Tony snap, would mean he reverses the snap of Hulk. As such you have to get rid of the stones so he can no longer reverse the Hulk’s snap. That’s kinda the entire point of that final battle. Either they return the stones or Tony Snaps or Thanos snaps. It’s one of three outcomes. They destroyed the van, eliminating the chance of returning the stones, so it came down to either snapping Thanos and clan out of existence, as you can’t change someone’s personal past, or Thanos snaps half of all life out of existence again. After five more minutes of life.
    No.

The Hulk snap reversed the Thanos snap. If Thanos is sent back to the past without any memory of what happened (considering the combination of mind/space/time gem this should be perfectly doable), he would continue on his same patch to get all the gems to do the original snap, unaware that the Avengers would after time travel back to claim the gems to do a reverse snap. Everything would play out the same exact way again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm a bit confused on two parts here.

Why are people assuming Thanos being dusted means he died? They flat out said "We need to return these guys to where they came". I was under the impression he sent everyone there back to their original time, possibly with no memory of what happened since obviously no Thanos back then would mean the original snap wouldn't happen. This does raise the question of why is Gamora an exception it seems, but it easily could be waved away as she wasn't considered part of Thanos' army for some reason.

Second off, Captain America returned to a point in time where he was still frozen under a lake, no? I just took it as he used the technicality that there was no Captain America at that point to do what he wanted without affecting much. Granted, this leaves you wondering where the "frozen in the lake Captain" went, but eh. Possibly an opening for bringing him back somehow
    As to A):

I get your angle, but I think the animation previously used to 'kill' everyone was used again for a reason. If they wanted a 'sent back' angle, they would have used the Pym shrinking animation which they used for both Thanos's ship and the Avengers traveling back. I assume Stark wished for 'everyone holding allegiance to Thanos and all his warmachines' to vanish, in which case Gamora would be exempt. Even if sent back, that timeline misses Nebula. She was killed befor, 'manually'.

As to B):

Frozen under the Arctic, but yes. I assume he let him sleep. Anyway, 1950es SHIELD wouldn't have the tech to drill him out of the ice anyhow, let alone locate him. Rogers probably doesn't know where he slumbered. The arctic circle is kind of huge. By the time he's found, even if MT Rogers can give them pointers, Peggy and MT Rogers will be in their 40es, probably 50es. I assume that 1950es Cap will have his own Avengers, his own timeline, and perils to fight, maybe with Guidance from MT Rogers, maybe without. But knowing Captain America, he'd want to be his own man. Steve Rogers moved on from Peggy in a way, trying to date someone else, no reason why this cap can't do that. Or he might act as a way for Chris Evans to take up the mantle once more. Plenty of possibility for that. I assume that, after handing Sam the Shield, MT Rogers went back to the alternate timeline to be with Peggy, in case she's still alive, or his own Avengers and family.

And, for clarification, here are the timetravel rules, at least as far as I've gathered.

You cannot, in any way, influence what has already happened. Everything you saw transpire once has happened, and that fact cannot be changed.

You can go back to the past, to remove an item, thus creating a new future from this point going forward. It has no outcome whatsoever on what you experienced in your timeline.

You can go back to the point where you made an alteration, but even if you do, the new timeline is already up and running. As an example, as we saw Loki escape with the Tesseract, the fact that there's now a timeline where Loki is on the loose cannot be changed, whatever the Avengers do. The same goes for the interaction between Thor and Frigga, Banner and The Ancient One, Stark Jr. and Stark Sr., Rokkit and 2014 Star-Lord, and so on. All of these timelines now exist on their own. Their story will be similar to that of the MCU, except for the 2014 timeline, that is missing Thanos and friends, and the 1950es timeline that now has an active Captain America from the end of WW2 onward.

Last edited by Skulltaker; 2019-05-04 at 08:37 PM.

Just came back, somehow I managed to avoid all spoilers...

I was satisfied. I think it had too much forced diversity (the all female assault, black Captain America, the valkyrie becoming the new Queen of "Asgard") which I felt wasn't necessary and I felt like the time travel plot was too easy & contrived (like in 99% of the cases when it's used as a deus ex machina solution to a seemingly unsolvable problem). The fat Thor gimmick also went on for too long and they really basically turned him into The Dude.

The movie however never slowed down. Not once during these 3h was I impatient for the story to move on, the action scenes were great, there were so many great throwbacks to the previous Marvel/Avengers movies, I like how Stark and Cap ended their storylines.

In the end: what a movie. This has to be viewed on the big screen. It's such a bombastic display of just about everything that made superhero movies cool again. It really is a must-see.

edit: added some spoiler tags because I see others using them (which is ridiculous, you know you're gonna get spoiled if you enter this thread)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    It’s funny how polarizing the “girl power” moment is. I’ve seen people claim their theater’s audience was silent, or what have you.

The audience in my theater cheered just as loud during that as they did when Cap took up Mjolnir. Which is to say: a lot.
    That happens where you live? Audiences are generally silent where I'm from, except for laughs/chuckles. No cheering, hollering or whatever. We're not animals.
    Last edited by Ashina; 2019-05-04 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    That happens where you live? Audiences are generally silent where I'm from, except for laughs/chuckles. No cheering, hollering or whatever. We're not animals.
    1. Humans are animals.

2. Sans your acceptance of that, "animals" don't cheer.

I'm thinking your life is just boring, either way.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

The "Girl power" scene definitely was the biggest cringe fiesta in a while, sad that shit like this needs to be forced into movies these days.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Unrelated note:

Just checked the BO results and...wft..that budget sounds insane...over 350 millions....what is next?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2019.htm

- - - Updated - - -

The problem I see is:

Guys team up: ...nobody gives a shit (as witnessed in...oh..any... movie?).

Girls team up: "definitely was the biggest cringe fiesta in a while, sad that shit like this needs to be forced into movies these days. "

I am not judging...the girl scene DID stick out for me..and it made the judgemental attitude of forums and people actually all the worse. Why the fuck do we still need to be cringy about these things when girls do it, but it is all right and common when guys do it?

Yeah..it is sad. But not for being "forced" into movies, but because it sticks out for people.
    False, I think for the most part people would call it cringe if it was all men too. It stuck out to me and most because it came out of nowhere, it was not needed as captain marvel just blew threw an entire ship, i'm sure she could blow through a bunch of mindless minions. and, for me at least, I hate those scenes in any movie, when there's mass chaos going on and somehow every important person shows up at the same spot and either has a convo or does something cringy. That's why I like the battle scenes in Braveheart so much.

Careful not to try and fit everyone that doesn't agree with your head canon universe as people that are against you.

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    The "Girl power" scene definitely was the biggest cringe fiesta in a while, sad that shit like this needs to be forced into movies these days.
    I don’t get this criticism. As a man, I thought it was really freaking cool that they had the opportunity to do that. Obviously it was the first time every female hero was on screen at the same time. Now, if it was the third or fourth time then yeah it would feel a little forced.

You gotta remember that prior to the MCU, superhero movies were stereotyped as strictly guy movies. Nowadays my girlfriend is the one begging ME to take her to go see them. So I am completely fine with strong female characters (as long as they are well written and have flaws), jokes about Captain America’s ass or Thor’s muscles, etc because being more female friendly is good for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    I don’t get this criticism. As a man, I thought it was really freaking cool that they had the opportunity to do that. Obviously it was the first time every female hero was on screen at the same time. Now, if it was the third or fourth time then yeah it would feel a little forced.

You gotta remember that prior to the MCU, superhero movies were stereotyped as strictly guy movies. Nowadays my girlfriend is the one begging ME to take her to go see them. So I am completely fine with strong female characters (as long as they are well written and have flaws), jokes about Captain America’s ass or Thor’s muscles, etc because being more female friendly is good for everyone.
    That scene was cringey as fuck. Let's just force every strong independent woman into one scene. Even my gf groan and that shot. So forced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I honestly didn’t like it all that much. It got boring and I just didn’t like the story, especially the ending. I really only enjoyed Rocket and Thor, tbh.
    Thor made the movie. Love how they included his kiwi rock friend from Ragnarok in it again. So funny

10+ Year Old Account
    The girl power scene exists to fuck with people that need to bitch about it. While it was obvious as hell, didn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    The girl power scene exists to fuck with people that need to bitch about it. While it was obvious as hell, didn't bother me at all.
    Neither me in the slightest. I heard one groan in the cinema but was basically looking around I could see girls who were with the families hyped up for it. My sister as well loved it as she. So why not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Supposedly it may have been a nod to A-Force, but who knows.
    With how many nods there are in the movie to near enough everything Marvel I'm going to believe that it is. I know I missed a few as well although I did get the Namor nod when Okoye spoke about Earthquakes off the coast of Wakanda. Since he can't have his own movie (his rights are basically same as Hulks) Black Panther 2 would be about right for him.

I know many people who didn't realise that the Ravegers from Guardians were also at the Battle of Earth and thought the space ships were Wakandan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time travelling is always a mess

7/10
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    With how many nods there are in the movie to near enough everything Marvel I'm going to believe that it is. I know I missed a few as well although I did get the Namor nod when Okoye spoke about Earthquakes off the coast of Wakanda. Since he can't have his own movie (his rights are basically same as Hulks) Black Panther 2 would be about right for him.

I know many people who didn't realise that the Ravegers from Guardians were also at the Battle of Earth and thought the space ships were Wakandan.
    Speaking of references hidden in the film, apparently someone managed to sort out what Peggy was talking about when Cap watched her through the window, and she name dropped Braddock.

7+ Year Old Account
    Endgame has smashed $2 Billion mark on Saturday! Total Cume has gone past 2.09 Billion (Est.) and has surpassed TFA & Infinity War to become THIRD Highest Grossing movie EVER! It will surpass Titanic on Sunday!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GoodBadOf...11740167131136

Let's make a guess on how much it'll make total. My guesses is 3.2B
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    The only issue I saw with it was that Mantis was including for whatever reason.

Like, she seemed really out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The problem I see is:
    Guys team up: ...nobody gives a shit (as witnessed in...oh..any... movie?).
    The Ultron scene where they all jumped forward and the Civil War scene of them facing off, both felt like "heh, a shot for a poster". A bit out of "arranged" but not horribly out of place. Neither was all men though, even if it was mostly.
    Girls team up: "definitely was the biggest cringe fiesta in a while, sad that shit like this needs to be forced into movies these days. "
    I haven't actually scene the movie yet, but even you admit it stood out. Was there some showing of lining up a team, or was it just lining up "women"? Was the main unifying factor anything they shared aside from being female? When a bunch of Amazons group up, it's not a problem, when it's a bunch of people that just happen to be on the same general side and nothing in common but their gender, it probably feels forced.

Yeah..it is sad. But not for being "forced" into movies, but because it sticks out for people.
    The issue is that folks must defend it because it is women, when a random assortment of people wouldn't draw such criticism. When has their been a big forced grouping of men like this, to compare it to? Sure it doesn't need to be debated about, but since it seems to be fairly obvious pandering, it shouldn't really be debated on either side I'd think.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The issue is that folks must defend it because it is women, when a random assortment of people wouldn't draw such criticism. When has their been a big forced grouping of men like this, to compare it to? Sure it doesn't need to be debated about, but since it seems to be fairly obvious pandering, it shouldn't really be debated on either side I'd think.
    Meh, the issue is that people can't handle contrivance or fan service when it challenges their outdated world views.

There's so much in this movie that's a contrivance or fan service, but the one that gets internet ragers in a tizzy is seeing all the women in a single shot.