Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Well you answer one of their questions, you gotta answer them all

Aye, I said the same above about him not appearing on the pad. Like I say I imagine we'll get some background explanation for it at some point. Hell you never know it might turn out he kept the stones to get back

But like I stated, unless the hulk willingly decided to "die" there's no way he's just been erased. Like I highlighted in multiple examples he comes and goes as he pleases essentially. He wouldn't let banner; someone he describes as weak and essentially hates kill him and take the body.

- - - Updated - - -

Just ask dude,

The thread is called "Avengers endgame 2019" if anyone is stupid enough to come in here after the premier date having not seen the movie, it's their own fault. It's obviously going to be full of spoilers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 90% sure she's been snapped.

We would have lost the "good" nebula if he snapped via "everyone and everything thanos brought". it's to vague.

It's more likely he thought "Get rid of Thanos's army". You have to remember Tony had 0 interaction with gamora, he knows little if anything about her. Even then, he didn't know she turned during the battle.
    Doesn't make any sense for Gamora and Nebula to be snaped by Tony. He clearly snapped the BAD GUYS that Thanos brought; when Thanos's ship was brought to 2023, the 2014's Gamora was already allied with 2023 Nebula so she was already agaisn't Thanos and thus, a "good guy/girl". If she was snaped, we wouldn't be seeing Quill looking at her in the star map, that's a pretty clear sign she's out there rogue just like in the first GotG and Quill has to make her fall in love with him once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He never indicates he only looked at futures where they give him the stone. So I’m asking the person who made the assertion.
    It's a movie, of a fictitious fantasy universe. Dr. Strange doesn't have to tell you everything... he told you all he wanted to... people can cry about it all they want... but THAT'S how it was written.. he check 14 million and some change outcomes... and only ONE ended with them winning... sadly with a great price.

If it feels good to question a movie that is over... then by all means get your nerd on. Me? I'm perfectly content to accept that Dr. Strange checked all he needed to, using whatever criteria he deemed necessary to determine the ONE outcome that saves 1/2 the population of the universe.

Technically, one could be upset he didn't check the alternate universe options, as we all know Superman would have kicked Thanos' hind end right quick.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I'm a bit baffled by something on the time travel aspect.

Why was it so important that the infinity stones/mjolnir be put back in time, but it's okay that Thanos and his forces were snapped? Does this mean there's now a split timeline where Thanos just vanished one day?
    Putting the Infinity Stones back into their respective timeline was necessary so as to not create "bad realities" just like the Ancient One told prof. Hulk; Mjolnir was also required , or else Thor wouldn't have any hammer to fight the dark elves in Thor 2. Reason why no one cared about Thanos and Thanos's army to be snapped away is because they're the bad guys and the universe is better off without them

Spoiler: 
    Right, but the stones would. If he simply though get rid of Thanos's army, and she's no longer part of said army, then she doesn't get snapped. Not to mention we don't know what knowledge he could glean from the stones as he's thinking that snap through. He'd spent a fair bit of time with Nebula bonding, as seen in the film. It's not unrealistic to think they'd gotten to know a bit about one another in that time. Maybe he purposefully chose to not snap her along with everyone else, given the knowledge that she'd been fighting Thanos since the time period she came from. Bottom line is Quill looking for her on that screen is a Chekhov's gun. If they don't actually go looking for her in GotG vol. 3 I'd be surprised.

I also showed you how to tag your spoilers in the future with this post. Two different choices even.
    I wouldn't be shocked if that was the Guardians plot for number 3, but I still think shes been snapped up,

Also I know how to do spoiler tags, but the premiere was last week and the thread is called "Engame 2019", you'd have to be the physical definition of stupid to come into this thread after the premiere date if you haven't seen the movie. And if someone did, the odds are they'll have seen spoilers else where as well as a result of said stupidity.

So frankly theres no point wasting time to put tags on now

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Doesn't make any sense for Gamora and Nebula to be snaped by Tony. He clearly snapped the BAD GUYS that Thanos brought; when Thanos's ship was brought to 2023, the 2014's Gamora was already allied with 2023 Nebula so she was already agaisn't Thanos and thus, a "good guy/girl". If she was snaped, we wouldn't be seeing Quill looking at her in the star map, that's a pretty clear sign she's out there rogue just like in the first GotG and Quill has to make her fall in love with him once more.
    That's the point I'm making Tony didn't know anything about gamora bar anything he may have learned from nebula. Which will have been minimal I reckon. His thoughts would be snap the bad guys, which would include gamora. He wouldn't be focusing on individuals.

So it's down to the stones. Did they "know" gamora was always trying to foil Thanos or do they do literally what tony was thinking? Also we're talking about early years Gamora, while shes stopping thanos finding the stones, she's still carrying out his will butchering people on other planets. She's still bad essentially.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    But like I stated, unless the hulk willingly decided to "die" there's no way he's just been erased. Like I highlighted in multiple examples he comes and goes as he pleases essentially. He wouldn't let banner; someone he describes as weak and essentially hates kill him and take the body.
    This really depends, while the hulk is the most prevalent alternate personality banner is still ultimately in control when he can get him self sorted which is very very rare. Hulk: the end, is a great example of this where the hulk/banner out lives every one else on earth as the hulk won’t let banner die. By the end of the story banner gets full control and has a heart attack while holding the hulk back killing them both.

Then there is also banner locking up other personality's like he did with the immortal hulk which he managed to do since he was a child as the immortal hulk predates even the gamma bomb.

My point was just that if he checked millions of futures I'm pretty sure he checked a few where they didn't give him the stone and left it hiding in the stars...
    Spoiler: 
    Remember he can only check for futures where he actually survives, just as the Ancient one said, she could only see what he did until she died hence her confusion as to why he gave the stone away.

My point was just that if he checked millions of futures I'm pretty sure he checked a few where they didn't give him the stone and left it hiding in the stars...
    Sine he didn't say WHICH futures he checked... we will never know.

My point was that ONE explanation would be that based on the events that transpired, Dr. Strange determined that giving him the stone was the ONLY way to handle the current situation... and so he checked only futures where in doing so would result in a win.

Can’t seem to find anywhere, where people comment on this, but I had a huge problem with the Hulk. I was looking forward to a rematch, instead he was underwhelming imo.

She's clearly a master of BJJ and a few other styles while also using tools like tasers, guns, and various other tools to help her against opponents who outmatch her. Like, watch every movie. There aren't very many fights where she's not taking out her enemies quickly BECAUSE she'd get roflstomped if it came down to strength.
    At least Black Widow uses guns, Hawkeye has a bow...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Smaller population and demographic coverage. Movies reach the whole world, comics much less so.
    You're right. I do find it perplexing tho, to go with a marketing tactic which basically failed in a previous market.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone else instantly think of the Legacy of the Void trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_XwzBMTJaM

When Cap slowly stands up in the face of Thanos and his approaching army?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This just isn’t true. Gay iceman has just started a new run and America has just been put on the west coast avengers. Not a single “diverse” hero has been canned.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...comics-1070616

It's completely true. I never said any characters had been canned, I said they didn't perform well sales-wise. America and several characters who come under the same umbrella were consolidated into West Coast Avengers (which, by the way, has been cancelled) and this is Iceman's second series in 2 years. It sells terribly but I guess Marvel at least has to show willing.

Honestly, I've no issue with diversity in comics. Fuck, I remember reading stuff as far back as the early 80's with Hopey and Maggie's trials and tribulations in Love & Rockets, Tristan's struggles in Camelot 3000 and Lord Fanny being kick-ass later in The Invisibles.

I guess my initial statement may have been a little broad. Marvel seems to think if you have, say, a Gay character, that character is defined by that trait and that trait alone. This leads to stereotyping through bad writing.

I loved the movie, perfect finale for the MCU so far. Now lets see how they introduce the new avengers and what this could mean for the marvel series at netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPHH View Post
    Can’t seem to find anywhere, where people comment on this, but I had a huge problem with the Hulk. I was looking forward to a rematch, instead he was underwhelming imo.
    "My rematch is coming real soon, I can feel it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    LOL... but Disney care about those "other" ones..
    It doesn't need to be "other" ones. The existence of a multiverse with infinite universes (and the ability to travel between them bringing both items and people) means you have an infinite supply of heroes (and that's not even touching villains who may not be on board with Thanos's snap).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...comics-1070616

It's completely true. I never said any characters had been canned, I said they didn't perform well sales-wise. America and several characters who come under the same umbrella were consolidated into West Coast Avengers (which, by the way, has been cancelled) and this is Iceman's second series in 2 years. It sells terribly but I guess Marvel at least has to show willing.

Honestly, I've no issue with diversity in comics. Fuck, I remember reading stuff as far back as the early 80's with Hopey and Maggie's trials and tribulations in Love & Rockets, Tristan's struggles in Camelot 3000 and Lord Fanny being kick-ass later in The Invisibles.

I guess my initial statement may have been a little broad. Marvel seems to think if you have, say, a Gay character, that character is defined by that trait and that trait alone. This leads to stereotyping through bad writing.
    Starting multiple runs doesn’t mean any thing, Spider-Man marvels top seller started two new runs recently. The west coast avengers also had characters like Gwen pool and hawk eye who unlike America have been doing pretty decently. They are also going to be in superior Spider-Man so it’s not like there dead. Even then as far as the diversity list goes the characters who got the most backlash like riri and khan are still going and Sam cap and Jane Thor story’s came to there proper end as they were planned from the start.

Of all the diverse characters America is really the only stand out you can find for being a failure which just reinforces them saying new characters are hard to get off the ground not that diverisy is a failure.

I also can’t think of any gay character that is only defined by being gay in marvel. Iceman’s comics for example had him dealing with things like his relationship with his parents and there dislike of mutants him being gay was gotten over very quickly. Then there was his role as a teacher and him dealing with amp which had nothing to do with him being gay. And his fear of his mutanion turning him into an ice monster keeps popping up which again is unrelated to him being gay. Then there’s other characters like darrkin who isn’t defined by being gay, the two lesbians on the run aways who aren’t defined by it, a ton of gay/lesbians X-Men ect ect. Mabye America is but I haven’t read her comics and I can’t think of a single gay character who is.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-04-29 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    I loved the movie, perfect finale for the MCU so far. Now lets see how they introduce the new avengers and what this could mean for the marvel series at netflix.
    Marvel is leaving Netflix i thought to go to Disney's streaming service. is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Putting the Infinity Stones back into their respective timeline was necessary so as to not create "bad realities" just like the Ancient One told prof. Hulk; Mjolnir was also required , or else Thor wouldn't have any hammer to fight the dark elves in Thor 2. Reason why no one cared about Thanos and Thanos's army to be snapped away is because they're the bad guys and the universe is better off without them

Well...
    2013's timeline : Thanos' whole army disappeared. But Ronan is still here and is still looking for the Power Stone, which will be left unattended and Gamora is no longer here to trigger all the events of Knowhere. Ronan still has a point in getting this stone, without Thanos, he actually has a chance to destroy Xandar and rule the galaxy by himself...
    2010's timeline : Hydra is convinced Captain works with them, and the Captain from this timeline has seen his twin stealing the scepter. Loki evaporated with the Tesseract. No way this timeline is not fucked up either, as Loki also triggers quite a great amount of bullshit (like Odin's fate).

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Spoiler: 
    Remember he can only check for futures where he actually survives, just as the Ancient one said, she could only see what he did until she died hence her confusion as to why he gave the stone away.
    That's... tricky though. Because Dr Strange died in Infinity War. Could he see beyond this "temporary death" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Marvel is leaving Netflix i thought to go to Disney's streaming service. is it not?
    Thats true, and maybe then the defenders might appear in one of the movies since theyll belong to disney, i dunno.

Just a reminder but all of the Netflix characters are tied into a non competition clause after Netflix/Disney cancelled the shows.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?