Free Light Video Editing Program

Hey All,

I am in search of a basic and free video editing software or program to add music to my WoW guild's kill videos but I'm not sure where to start. I dont need anything fancy and just need to add music and publish at 1080p to upload to YouTube.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using Windows 10, the app "Photos" has basic movie editing abilities..

Why they baked that into photos and discontinued movie maker, I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildlight View Post
    Hey All,

I am in search of a basic and free video editing software or program to add music to my WoW guild's kill videos but I'm not sure where to start. I dont need anything fancy and just need to add music and publish at 1080p to upload to YouTube.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
    ShotCut. It's free, open source, so you're not a pirate and it works really well. Make sure for big projects you create a save file, because it can crash on occasion, both otherwise I like it better than the one I was using.

Also free music archive for music. Best thing in my life for my guild kill videos.
    Last edited by Mesoforte; 2018-09-20 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesoforte View Post
    ShotCut. It's free, open source, so you're not a pirate and it works really well. Make sure for big projects you create a save file, because it can crash on occasion, both otherwise I like it better than the one I was using.

Also free music archive for music. Best thing in my life for my guild kill videos.
    @Mesoforte thanks for this! I will check it out. And I can publish 1080 with it to upload to YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildlight View Post
    @Mesoforte thanks for this! I will check it out. And I can publish 1080 with it to upload to YouTube?
    Mine's capping out at 720, but that's probably fault on my end in the settings. You might need to check some tutorial videos. I just haven't had time to completely mess with it.

I figure any software is gonna be heavy if you render it, 1080p files scrubbing etc. I love Davinci Resolve, its super good and I learned the basics fast.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO