Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    i feel like some people are trying to argue that frost is so much better than arcane and therefore arcane is shit in high keys, but that is not the question in this thread.

he asked if arcane (and fire) is viable in m+. so just because frost is the best atm, doesnt mean that arcane is not viable, because it actually is.

Everything works, even fire. But in m+ it's about control and that's where frost is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitoy View Post
    Everything works, even fire. But in m+ it's about control and that's where frost is king.
    In M+ is all about mobility and speed doing trash and that's where arcane is king

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Also remember that there is a difference between Viable and Optimal. And not everyone cares about the same thing. Personally Frost just does not do it for me, the play style feels so awkward in my hands that I will be more than happy giving up being optimal if I can play something else. So knowing if the other specs are at all useful in 10+ is good to know, before I waste my time leveling up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitoy View Post
    In the M+ Dungeon Leaderboard top 7 is an Arcane Mage too.

Frost is king in M+ right now. Playing anything else you are just enjoying fantasy and hope. And hate the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Because class representation is influenced by a lot more factors than what is the best.

Also frost mage is established as fotm spec and carries around a reputation as being required for high keys which is in actuality bogus too.

This thread is about viability, Arcane is 100% viable in high keys.
    Ok. Arcane is viable. Frost is heavily preferred. Easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Because class representation is influenced by a lot more factors than what is the best.

Also frost mage is established as fotm spec and carries around a reputation as being required for high keys which is in actuality bogus too.

This thread is about viability, Arcane is 100% viable in high keys.
    Except historically for the last 14 years, class and spec representation basically shows the strongest specs for a given scenario.

If one spec is being used 12 to 1 in a certain bit of content (in this case 10+keys) then it is better. No doubt about it.

if the dungeon doesnt have that many or really big packs id say that Arcane is viable, fire, not so much