Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasher1830 View Post
    I'm don't really care about big burst. What I'm concerned about is how well we do with overall damage during encounters when compared to other classes, both in AoE and single target sustain.
    You should care about burst, since many of the current bosses are designed around burst phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    You should care about burst, since many of the current bosses are designed around burst phases.
    FB hitting hard also mean that baseline berserk is more valuable now too so we can have some decent burst without picking incarn even tho incarn will still be best for burst obviously

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    FB hitting hard also mean that baseline berserk is more valuable now too so we can have some decent burst without picking incarn even tho incarn will still be best for burst obviously
    Incoming buffs to Shred also buffs berserk. I sincerely believe that the changes in patch 8.1 will make a lot of people happy. Not only will it make a more direct damage profile viable, but it will also buff a much more bleed specced profile.

I expect them to change Bloodtalons and nerf auto attacks in patch 8.1. We haven't seen those changes, but I expect we will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    Incoming buffs to Shred also buffs berserk. I sincerely believe that the changes in patch 8.1 will make a lot of people happy. Not only will it make a more direct damage profile viable, but it will also buff a much more bleed specced profile.

I expect them to change Bloodtalons and nerf auto attacks in patch 8.1. We haven't seen those changes, but I expect we will soon.
    The 20% buff to shred is only a 2% damage buff. Feral is 10% behind in sims and 30% behind in logs. I'm not sure the 8.1 buffs are enough to make up that discrepancy.

Today's Buffs:
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ing-october-2/

Uldir:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount

Feral is 40% behind Unholy DK and got the same buff
    Feral is 20% behind Fire mage yet got a smaller buff
    Feral is 20% behind Enhancement yet got a smaller buff

Are they playing the same game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_ww66EeN8
    Last edited by teddabear; 2018-10-02 at 11:51 PM.

Feral 40% behind unholy dk? But unholy dk is literally trash so... not sure how accurate that is.

Hows the new setup in regards to AoE Rip and FB refreshing Rip by default? Looks a huge quality of life change. Part of the reason i havent touched my feral is our sustained aoe is annoyingly bad. Hopefully with ghis skill itd be much nicer

We are hearing good things about the feral changes... but they are also not coming for a couple months. In the meantime, the spec is all-but useless. Now, with the changes, how will it compete against other classes, especially in a melee-heavy world we are living in? So, we have to look at five main areas, burst aoe, long-term aoe, ST, burst ST, and raid buffing. Ideally, they are viable in at least two of those, if not three.. Now, most melee classes tend to do well with aoe burst, so I like the idea of the feral being a long-term AOE class, like affliction locks were in legion, and like boomkins are right now. SO, the issue of single target, is whether they should be a burst class, or not. I think it could go either way, right now. As for raid buffs, I would like to see MotW come back, but it won't. My buddy was talking about the idea of having Stampeding Roar be an activated versatility buff on top of the movement speed increase. It wouldn't have to be anything big, but give it a 10-15% versatility buff for 8 seconds ever two minutes. That way, even if they are not a burst class, they can help the burst of other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I mean, Feral has essentially no presence in the second half of Mythic Uldir. Literally no G'huun or Mythrax parses, only 3 Zul parses, and Feral is one of the least presented specs in the first half anyway. Your link also is set to the last 2 weeks, and the buffs only went live this last reset. I'm not really trying to argue Feral's current viability for Mythic content or anything, but those logs are not at all as damning as you make them out to be and are pretty damn skewed.

Looking at bosses where Feral can actually do decently (e.g. anything without adds) and actually has some parses Feral is performing decently and the buff certainly helped. Mid/upper-mid on Taloc and MOTHER and the top performing spec on Fetid Devourer.

So honestly I think the 8.1 changes will get us close to where we need to be. The new talent structure allows us to sacrifice literally no single target damage while giving us the option to spec into AoE to fit the encounter we are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Looking at bosses where Feral can actually do decently (e.g. anything without adds) and actually has some parses Feral is performing decently and the buff certainly helped. Mid/upper-mid on Taloc and MOTHER and the top performing spec on Fetid Devourer.
    The important words being "anything without adds", as the whole meta game in PvE these days seem to be about killing adds quickly, while at the same time getting the boss down.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    So honestly I think the 8.1 changes will get us close to where we need to be. The new talent structure allows us to sacrifice literally no single target damage while giving us the option to spec into AoE to fit the encounter we are facing.
    I agree, the new talent structure is in fact looking very promising. Especially the new talent spreading Rip. And to the people talking about how Rip has been nerfed - please read up on how Mastery has changed to now also buff our finishers.

Has anyone heard about the promised nerfs to our Haste modifier and if Blizzard will change how Bloodtalons work? Would be nice to get the spec changed in one go, instead of being work-in-progress for several patches.
    Last edited by Whitepaw; 2018-10-07 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The final haste modifier nerf is live on the PTR. Haste regen itself appears to be more or less unaffected as far as I can tell, but I haven't done any numbers testing to see how it affects everything else (bleed damage, auto attacks, etc). No changes whatsoever to Bloodtalons and there have been no blue posts about Feral recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Feral 40% behind unholy dk? But unholy dk is literally trash so... not sure how accurate that is.
    Some Unholy DK did over 42k on Zul and boosted the stats for the entire spec.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    The 20% buff to shred is only a 2% damage buff. Feral is 10% behind in sims and 30% behind in logs. I'm not sure the 8.1 buffs are enough to make up that discrepancy.

Today's Buffs:
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ing-october-2/

Uldir:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount

Feral is 40% behind Unholy DK and got the same buff
    Feral is 20% behind Fire mage yet got a smaller buff
    Feral is 20% behind Enhancement yet got a smaller buff

Are they playing the same game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_ww66EeN8
    Maybe look at why Unholy is that far up. Spoiler, it's because it's extremely good at padding on Zul. Overall statistics for all bosses shows you very little. How about looking at boss DPS, which Feral is actually quite good at after the buffs, and should be what Ferals are trying to maximize currently, seeing as Feral AoE is pretty weak.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    An important thing to keep in mind when using warcraft logs is the huge difference the percentile value affects the stats. If you go to 99th percentile at 375 ilvl feral is #2 overall, but then go to 50th percentile and 355 ilvl (which is much more representative of the general wow player population) and feral is suddenly dead last of all specs and classes by a large margin in Uldir. And pvp for feral right now (again, outside of the very top arena jungle teams) with no burst is just an exercise in futility.

Druid was in a decent place for a long time, so it's amazing that they came out at 8.0 in an expansion where burst is so important in both pve and pvp where there are so far off. And if you look at an even wider more general population the reality of how badly ferals were tuned in 8.0 becomes really clear. Ferals in 8.0 in the most common player range are literally at almost 1/2 of the dps output of Survival Hunters:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...5&difficulty=3
    Last edited by Auxora; 2018-11-22 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    An important thing to keep in mind when using warcraft logs is the huge difference the percentile value affects the stats. If you go to 99th percentile at 375 ilvl feral is #2 overall, but then go to 50th percentile and 355 ilvl (which is much more representative of the general wow player population) and feral is suddenly dead last of all specs and classes by a large margin in Uldir. And pvp for feral right now (again, outside of the very top arena jungle teams) with no burst is just an exercise in futility.

Druid was in a decent place for a long time, so it's amazing that they came out at 8.0 in an expansion where burst is so important in both pve and pvp where there are so far off. And if you look at an even wider more general population the reality of how badly ferals were tuned in 8.0 becomes really clear. Ferals in 8.0 in the most common player range are literally at almost 1/2 of the dps output of Survival Hunters:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...5&difficulty=3
    My personal experience can’t support a claim of Feral being at 50% of where a Survival Hunter is.

But I am also quite confused as to how Blizzard failed so horribly at transforming Feral to BfA. It almost feels as if the devs either (1) Had a vision of Feral, but didn’t follow through (probably because they ran out of time) or (2) Felt as if they had the spec fleshed out and balanced, but weren’t able to compute all the variables.

Either way, the spec is playable, but with so low dps performance that it’s a liability in most end game PvE content. They apparently still haven’t come to the correct conclusion: You can NOT design specs with very low AoE output and long ramp up time for single target, unless you deliberately overpower the single target dps. The day the devs give Feral the ability to push twice as much single target dps as fx a Demon Hunter, will be the day when their design concept is carried out as envisioned.

But that day will never come, because the outcry from every other dps spec would be earth (or Azeroth shattering). No class or spec would accept that kind of performance, even though Feral does less than half the AoE damage of a Demon Hunter.

Yup. Blizz needs to balance things more evenly, or they need to do a better job of creating dungeon and raid content so that things still even out despite the desparity in aoe and single target dps.

Last thing though, aside from dumb numbers on Brutal Slash and the fact it competes with single target dos, I don’t think Feral is nearly as bad as people think right now, and both of those things are being addressed in 8.1. All of the buffs in 8.0 have been very significant improvements. Even on add fights like Zul and Mythrax, I’m pulling respectable dps considering. That said I’m parsing 90+% a lot of the times while those I’m raiding with are clossr to 50-60%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post

Ferals are not very strong in PvP right now (check their arenas representation) in anything but 1 vs 1 and that is mostly to do with the fact that they can run away from pretty much anything and generate combo points on distance. So run, spam LI, use buffed ferocious bite, repeat. No one in their right mind would take a feral over a moonkin for any content right now (maybe 2s, but still pretty crappy after last week nerfs).
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Literally the most clueless thing I've ever read on a WoW Forum...

You MUST be trolling surely???

Feral needs more PvE non war mode solo burst damage, honestly they could make certain abilities do more damage to bleeding targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollz113 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Literally the most clueless thing I've ever read on a WoW Forum...

You MUST be trolling surely???
    Ferals in pvp are one of the most aids classes to face, idk what they are talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Ferals in pvp are one of the most aids classes to face, idk what they are talking about.
    There are currently 19 feral teams in the top 100 on the EU arena 3v3 ladder, he couldn't be more clueless if he tried... People are getting hit for 70k ferocious bites ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ollz113 View Post
    There are currently 19 feral teams in the top 100 on the EU arena 3v3 ladder, he couldn't be more clueless if he tried... People are getting hit for 70k ferocious bites ffs
    and if you look at the azerite traits and talents you can see why they need to be more consistent. Hard to balance a spec that has so heavy modifiers for burst. Certain class combinations can make feral so frustrating to play which is not the same as with boomies. The changes in 8.1 will solve many of those issues. Id say feral will become even better but let's see how the changes for other classes will affect the leaderboards. Windwalker is looking better as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    and if you look at the azerite traits and talents you can see why they need to be more consistent. Hard to balance a spec that has so heavy modifiers for burst. Certain class combinations can make feral so frustrating to play which is not the same as with boomies. The changes in 8.1 will solve many of those issues. Id say feral will become even better but let's see how the changes for other classes will affect the leaderboards. Windwalker is looking better as well.
    wat? isnt that true for almost every class?