Deleted

Archive of the Titans or Battlefield Precision for a Uldir raid?

I have a big question because i dont know how Battlefield Precision works...

I have 1 ilvl 355 Archive of the Titans
    I have 1 ilvl 370 Battlefield Precision

Which one should i use?

By checking Bloodmalet, Archive of the Titans gives more PERSONAL DPS.

But just by reading Battlefield Precision:
    "Your abilities have a chance to apply 20 stacks of Battlefield Focus to an enemy, increasing damage taken from members of the Alliance by 510. Applying Battlefield Focus to a member of the Horde grants an additional 5 stacks"

Isnt Battlefield Precision overpowered for an entire raid?
    Right now its around 5% of my entire damage.
    Does Battlefield Precision give 5% damage increase to the entire raid???? How does it work?

I dont mind having LESS personal DPS IF im boosting the damage of my entire raid...

Sorry to disturb you. Looking for help on how Battlefield Precision works...does it boost the damage for the entire raid?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-22 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I have a big question because i dont know how Battlefield Precision works...

I have 1 ilvl 355 Archive of the Titans
    I have 1 ilvl 370 Battlefield Precision

Which one should i use?

By checking Bloodmalet, Archive of the Titans gives more PERSONAL DPS.

But just by reading Battlefield Precision:
    "Your abilities have a chance to apply 20 stacks of Battlefield Focus to an enemy, increasing damage taken from members of the Alliance by 510. Applying Battlefield Focus to a member of the Horde grants an additional 5 stacks"

Isnt Battlefield Precision overpowered for an entire raid?
    Right now its around 5% of my entire damage.
    Does Battlefield Precision give 5% damage increase to the entire raid???? How does it work?

I dont mind having LESS personal DPS IF im boosting the damage of my entire raid...

Sorry to disturb you. Looking for help on how Battlefield Precision works...does it boost the damage for the entire raid?
    Just see it as 20x510 (10k) damage every time it procs. The only time it will be less than that, is when it procs before all stacks are used, or the target dies.

Try it out, see how many times per fight it procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Just see it as 20x510 (10k) damage every time it procs. The only time it will be less than that, is when it procs before all stacks are used, or the target dies.

Try it out, see how many times per fight it procs.
    I have 2 Battlefield Precisions if i equip the 370 ilvl piece. So each proc is doing around 1700 damage...and it can crit.

I guess i can try in a boss and see 1 by 1 on damage meter if it did a lot of damage for my team mates in the raid?
    Any good ideas to test?

Just reading it makes it obvious that it is not overpowered for a raid. It gives stacks on the mob. Each attack uses up 1 stack(no matter who attacks). The stacks would be used up in an instant(20+ people attacking the boss) giving each person 1 bonus damage of 1700. Not everyone's damage increased by 5%. It did 5%~ of your damage because you used all the stacks up yourself.

It's really bad for a personal dps trait, and it isn't anywhere near that effective to the raid, doesn't mean it's worthless not to have 1 or 2 people have it in a raid, just it probably won't even increase everyone's dps by even 0.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Just reading it makes it obvious that it is not overpowered for a raid. It gives stacks on the mob. Each attack uses up 1 stack(no matter who attacks). The stacks would be used up in an instant(20+ people attacking the boss) giving each person 1 bonus damage of 1700. Not everyone's damage increased by 5%. It did 5%~ of your damage because you used all the stacks up yourself.

It's really bad for a personal dps trait, and it isn't anywhere near that effective to the raid, doesn't mean it's worthless not to have 1 or 2 people have it in a raid, just it probably won't even increase everyone's dps by even 0.5%
    You clearly don't know how the trait works. It applies a debuff, anyone that attacks takes a charge and that ability does damage. The 5% of his damage isn't from him using all the charges. All expended charges count towards the damage of the person who applied it, not who utilizes the extra damage.

To answer OP though, it procs so little in PvE that I can't see it really being much of a benefit. I have two of the items at 370 ilvl which adds about 2k damage assuming you go off tooltips. Let's assume for a minute you had 3 of them at 370, that would be 20 stacks for 3k per (before mitigations take place with like armor). 60k free damage generated every let's say minute. That turns to 1k damage per second on the user which compared to stacking some traits is not worth doing. Assume half of them crit, 1500 extra DPS. Maybe if there's like a class that their traits are so awful and they manage to get 3 370 pieces it could be a benefit but I can't see it being useful in the long run.

I'd have to check a bit myself but I could see some goofy m+ gimmick for it if you can proc multiple of the trait with aoes. Highly unlikely but that would be interesting to see.

Last edited by Bhalial; 2018-10-31 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny XJ9 View Post
    You clearly don't know how the trait works. It applies a debuff, anyone that attacks takes a charge and that ability does damage. The 5% of his damage isn't from him using all the charges. All expended charges count towards the damage of the person who applied it, not who utilizes the extra damage.

To answer OP though, it procs so little in PvE that I can't see it really being much of a benefit. I have two of the items at 370 ilvl which adds about 2k damage assuming you go off tooltips. Let's assume for a minute you had 3 of them at 370, that would be 20 stacks for 3k per (before mitigations take place with like armor). 60k free damage generated every let's say minute. That turns to 1k damage per second on the user which compared to stacking some traits is not worth doing. Assume half of them crit, 1500 extra DPS. Maybe if there's like a class that their traits are so awful and they manage to get 3 370 pieces it could be a benefit but I can't see it being useful in the long run.

I'd have to check a bit myself but I could see some goofy m+ gimmick for it if you can proc multiple of the trait with aoes. Highly unlikely but that would be interesting to see.
    I know exactly how the trait works. It's obvious when he said it did 5% of his damage he was testing it via target dummy because there is 0 chance that it did 5% of ANYONE'S damage in a raid environment. Learn to read someone else's post before you jump in trying to say they're wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bhalial View Post
    He was asking if it was worth the loss to his personal dps if it was as huge of a gain to the raid as he thought. The answer to this is not SIM yoself. Read the question if you're gonna just give a trivial "SIM yoself" response.