10+ Year Old Account

Are Sin rogues getting SnD back?!

I really hope so, I see garrote damage has come down again. This would make up for it.
    https://imgur.com/a/ItI8iE8

Early/datamined patch info is often wrong. I'd be surprised if they added ANOTHER finisher to Assassination, who's already tracking a bunch of things.

That being said, who knows. Wait and see what actually happens.

Probably not, no. Datamining is messy.

i'd rather not, i know the classes have been pruned to hell but spending combo-points for what amounts to a passive buff isn't very dynamic.
    i's rather it be like a 6 second duration infinitely extending 70%-90% attack speed buff that causes your auto-attacks to stack a rolling bleed/poison DoT.

but why? it makes more sense for sub to get SnD before mut.

the garrote azerite trait got nerfed, that's why garrote damage is down. rightfully so, when a rogue 15 ilvl below me is pulling 5k more dps as assassin than outlaw or subtlety

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    the garrote azerite trait got nerfed, that's why garrote damage is down. rightfully so, when a rogue 15 ilvl below me is pulling 5k more dps as assassin than outlaw or subtlety
    that just means you're shit at your spec, not that assassin is so op.

^He beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    To be fair the SS trait is still great even after the 40 % nerf. I play mostly Assassin and my dps still gets much better in M+ when I use that trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    To be fair the SS trait is still great. I play mostly Assassin and my dps still gets much in M+ when I use that trait.
    I wasn't arguing on the SS trait not being still great. Just saying if someone is saying(even before SS nerf) that assassin can do 5k more dps than outlaw/sub, they're shit at outlaw/sub spec.

I wasn't arguing on the SS trait not being still great. Just saying if someone is saying(even before SS nerf) that assassin can do 5k more dps than outlaw/sub, they're shit at outlaw/sub spec.
    Definitely. But 3x SS traits before the nerf was on the powerful site of the spectrum. Not 5k though.

Slice and Dice is very iconic to Rogues but it's a fucking boring and stupid finisher that never felt "good", it was just one more thing to juggle around. Arguably there've been times where it was mathematically inferior to simply using Eviscerate, depending on what your stat build was. It became grossly redundant for Assassination once Rupture/Envenom refreshed its duration. At that point it didn't even need to exist, which is why it doesn't anymore.

They're probably just doing some random experiments, seeing how the class feels with it back. It won't make it into live.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool fake argument, but no. Shrouded Suffocation was pretty seriously overpowered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Replace eviscerate by Envenom and Slice and dice with rupture...And you have your answer.

I just think in this datamining, they refer Eviscerate as the Unmodified big hit finisher and slice and dice the "other one"...I'm pretty sur if the same datamining would be done on Sub rogue, it would have been writen Slice and dice while it should be nightblade

No, it's not coming back. For whatever reason, blizz has kept cut to the chase inside the database even though SnD was made into a passive perk for assassin in WoD, and removed entirely in Legion. The tooltip updates is just a consequence of cut to the chase still being in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Cool fake argument, but no. Shrouded Suffocation was pretty seriously overpowered.
    it was

it didnt give you 5k dps though

Deleted
    Sin is the dotter, seems counter intuitive to swap a debuff for a buff