Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I remember getting on on this game and bumping straight away into bland MMO Type quests and was an almost instant turn off lol
    yea, not the best questing etc. I also didnt like how good crafting was in the game. Once I had played through the hole game as a...Wizard? class, I gathered all my mats I had gotten, then crafted my gear...And damn, big upgrade, so crafting is better than drops lol.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  2. #102
    on one hand. kinda tempted by expac. on the other hand while I played the heck out of this game way back then, I never really got around to finishing it. there was just.. so much side questing, I got bogged down and eventually lost interest.

    I'm guessing saves from original game can NOT be imported?

    and to be perfectly honest, my biggest doubt comes in part due to getting expac sight unseen and in part because I would imagine that they fixed the bug that allowed to get virtually infinite inventory space....

  3. #103
    Old God Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    10,317
    Man this was a game that came out when it did and it got such mixed reviews from people that I was really debating whether to buy it and never did. I remember another game came out in 2012 and got that instead and I forgot all about Kingdoms of Amalur, so with this remaster and seeing people play it I am going back to should I or shouldn't I all over again

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Man this was a game that came out when it did and it got such mixed reviews from people that I was really debating whether to buy it and never did. I remember another game came out in 2012 and got that instead and I forgot all about Kingdoms of Amalur, so with this remaster and seeing people play it I am going back to should I or shouldn't I all over again
    I had exactly the same experience.

    I played it for maybe a half hour before refunding it because it just felt like Skyrim lite or something. Was not grabbed by the combat or anything about it.

    But I won't lie. I'm definitely wondering about giving it a second chance now that it's been remastered.

  5. #105
    The one thing that turned me off to this game was the otrocious camera position,blows my mind how someone aproved that crap,and also didnt think to give any way to edit it...i remember being a program to force edit it but i never bothered,atleast this version has plenty of camera setting,i can actualy play it now and not feel like vomiting

  6. #106
    My biggest concern is if they addresed difficulty properly. In the original game even on highest difficulty combat wasn't that hard and with tons of experience you quickly outleveled zones, which made the game even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  7. #107
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,185
    I'm not mad. The game was great to begin with, it didn't need any changes. Just a port to modern systems.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If I had some spare cash I would totally buy the new one. The game is a great power fantasy. Makes me think of how WoW would be if it didn't need to be balanced, and our max level mages wouldn't find themselves fighting toe-to-toe with generic wildlife because they walked into a new zone and the deer got stronger.

  8. #108
    Summary:
    - Yes they fixed camera positioning
    - Yes they fixed difficulty, both in number of levels and mechanics of "entering the zone"
    - Somewhat they upgraded graphics; its certainly better but on the low end of a "remaster"
    - No they didn't fix any of the bugs (not all that many but some pretty nasty ones)
    - No they didn't change combat
    - No it doesn't feel any different than the original game in general

    Of course your mileage may vary but that seems to be what I saw and general opinions

  9. #109
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,797
    Did that get rid of that ridiculous bloom effect that put a freaking white sheen on everything? That was the number one thing that drove me away from this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  10. #110
    I liked the original but you got so overpowered in the middle of the game that you one-shotted everything with one spell. That made it very boring, combat consisted of running through the enemies, trying to pile up the most you can and then cast one meteor spell to kill them all.

    I'd be interested in the remaster but 40 euro is absurd for such an old game.

  11. #111
    Was it really remastered? i bought it aswell (lower price but meh anyway) and i installed it and when i opened the game it seem that not much had changed,i dont really wanna download the 1st game to compare and i havent played it since it came out but i dont think it had much of a difference

  12. #112
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Was it really remastered? i bought it aswell (lower price but meh anyway) and i installed it and when i opened the game it seem that not much had changed,i dont really wanna download the 1st game to compare and i havent played it since it came out but i dont think it had much of a difference
    Exp gained is lowered so far i can tell only this. By graphics is kinda little bit darker at least for me. Probably more fixes are on the way, because sometimes you can encounter weird bugs but mostly graphical.

    Also about exp. Thing is, i finished today House Of Ballads storyline, and got only 20 level, while in original it could be like 20+ There is diffrence.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

    I don't give a fuck, about your opinion.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Exp gained is lowered so far i can tell only this. By graphics is kinda little bit darker at least for me. Probably more fixes are on the way, because sometimes you can encounter weird bugs but mostly graphical.

    Also about exp. Thing is, i finished today House Of Ballads storyline, and got only 20 level, while in original it could be like 20+ There is diffrence.
    About the graphic glitches i assume im not the only one seeing npcs twisting their necks and spines :P

  14. #114
    Tbh the remaster at 40 is rip off. Im just gonna stick to the originale. With the camera mod for better view game is already fine. They did not adresses difficulty and OP crafted gear enough anyway in the remaster from what Ive heard.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  15. #115
    The Lightbringer Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Tbh the remaster at 40 is rip off. Im just gonna stick to the originale. With the camera mod for better view game is already fine. They did not adresses difficulty and OP crafted gear enough anyway in the remaster from what Ive heard.
    They did, they added an extra difficulty setting (very hard), lowered xp gain, rebalanced some skills/abilities, and enemies are higher level I think (I'm constantly fighting mobs with orange names, only times I'm not is when I go to old areas that I completed ages ago, and even then entering a dungeon will scale mobs in that dungeon afaik).

  16. #116
    I enjoyed this game years ago but the dungeons...damnit is always the same. long narrow corridors.
    no exploring. whenever I entered a dungeon I was like mehhh not again.
    I would buy it tho if the remaster was good enough. I played it years ago so cannot remember the story at all. would still feel fresh.

    I am playing record of agarest war atm on steam and boy even that has some exploring, I actually needed to open paint and draw maps for myself.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    They did, they added an extra difficulty setting (very hard), lowered xp gain, rebalanced some skills/abilities, and enemies are higher level I think (I'm constantly fighting mobs with orange names, only times I'm not is when I go to old areas that I completed ages ago, and even then entering a dungeon will scale mobs in that dungeon afaik).
    Wait they did...very hard? I thought it was only zone scaling of some kind. All I know is that once you got to like mid-game, you started getting so many OP spells and you just owned it all...Like my Wizard at 80 hours completed when I did the hole game, he was so OP it was pointless. And that OP feel started already around 20-30.

    Edit: okay, went on steam. Seems like they didnt fix the bugs of originale game, and new once come, but better loot, less XP, harder difficulty is a thing...I think you can also get for 20 euro if you have originale game...Maybe I should do that then. Still I dont like how OP crafted gear is...All you wanna do is min-max that and get to level 40 asap...grinding serves no point.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-09-16 at 11:22 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  18. #118
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,457
    I don't think very hard is actually an challenge... At the end of Dalentarth quests, i was easily killing most annoying mobs such Jottuns etc.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

    I don't give a fuck, about your opinion.

  19. #119
    The Lightbringer Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I don't think very hard is actually an challenge... At the end of Dalentarth quests, i was easily killing most annoying mobs such Jottuns etc.
    I mean maybe my gear sucks but if I miss a couple of blocks/dodges I'm dead vs jottuns/mountain trolls/ettins/threshers. I also hate sprites with a passion because they can get you in a charge combo if you aren't careful and I'm dead...

    Mind you I'm only level 15 atm, and I'm going for a Finesse/Might build with Faeblades and Bow. It's definitely more difficult for me than the original was. + I don't min max because it's not an MMO...

  20. #120
    never played the original( i do own it though)....so im debating buying the revamp version...worth it? it's like $16 on steam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •