Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    But interesting fact is, on microsoft store is mentioned of 5 hours of new content about Fatesworn.
    Eh, if it's that short, it better either add a LOT to the skill tree, or be cheap as fuck...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Eh, if it's that short, it better either add a LOT to the skill tree, or be cheap as fuck...
    Maybe it is mistake, because Zyddie, person from THQN said that Fatesworn is full expansion, not DLC. So probably more hours of gameplay will happend. But atm nothing is known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Maybe it is mistake, because Zyddie, person from THQN said that Fatesworn is full expansion, not DLC. So probably more hours of gameplay will happend. But atm nothing is known.
    Fingers crossed it's just Microsoft being lame, then!

Although a short campaign, a new skill tree, or 2 tiers of new skills in the existing tree, and a level cap increase sounds like a "Full Expansion" by modern standards...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Since they're going to add more content, defo going into the "games i'm gonna buy on sale" bucket list.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Based on the reviews coming in, not much was remastered. They added a FOV slider but not much else. And that THQ did the bare minimum needed to re-release the game when they could've done a lot more in terms of updated graphics, character customization, etc.

ACG's review

FightingCowboy's review

Ehh, that is kinda sad, to be honest. And have to pay 20 bucks if I already own it. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

That's certainly unfortunate to hear. Unfortunately not entirely unexpected given some of THQ Nordic's other remaster releases. I recall Darksiders 2 Deathinitive edition releasing in a completely broken state that would crash and ruin your save file if you activated certain remastered graphics settings (iirc something related to shadows).

I guess I'll wait for a review of their new DLC coming sometime in 2021 and I'll decide then if it's worth buying, but not gonna get it at release. It's a real shame, Kingdoms of Amalur has such immense potential to be great with just a few alterations. Hopefully they'll at least implement steam workshop integration at some point so modders at least have a chance to save it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Well, at least the difficulty got adjusted. But it will probably still be too easy if you max crafting first.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Based on the reviews coming in, not much was remastered. They added a FOV slider but not much else. And that THQ did the bare minimum needed to re-release the game when they could've done a lot more in terms of updated graphics, character customization, etc.
    I remember using 3rd party app to forcibly change FOV and zoom of the original game back then. Good lord that zoom was unbearable. So basically nothing changed for me?

All the things that put the game over for me initially, story, art, voice acting, writing, weren't touched with the remaster. So I'm super happy to play it again. My assumption is the remaster was to get people back into the game for the release of the upcoming expansion. Cost wise (I have the original) if you don't buy the "Fatesworn" edition with the expansion included the game costs $15.99, but with the expansion it cost me $23.50. Double checking the Steam store, I don't know if it's calculating the price correctly anymore for the Fate edition, because it's showing $49.99 with a discount. I don't know if I got lucky and pulled a fast one on Steam, or if it's just not calculating my already owning the game edition out of the Fate pricing. I paid $23.xx, double checked my bank account and Steam history.

Regardless of all that, I still find the game as great a place I want to be as I did originally, so it's a solid purchase from me.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    All the things that put the game over for me initially, story, art, voice acting, writing, weren't touched with the remaster. So I'm super happy to play it again. My assumption is the remaster was to get people back into the game for the release of the upcoming expansion. Cost wise (I have the original) if you don't buy the "Fatesworn" edition with the expansion included the game costs $15.99, but with the expansion it cost me $23.50. Double checking the Steam store, I don't know if it's calculating the price correctly anymore for the Fate edition, because it's showing $49.99 with a discount. I don't know if I got lucky and pulled a fast one on Steam, or if it's just not calculating my already owning the game edition out of the Fate pricing. I paid $23.xx, double checked my bank account and Steam history.

Regardless of all that, I still find the game as great a place I want to be as I did originally, so it's a solid purchase from me.
    Yeah the email I got said 10% off but the steam app got 60% off. Taking advantage of the sale but probably won't play it till the DLC launches for it, too much on my backlog and too many big hitters coming out in the next few months.

Re-Reckoning seems to be a bit of a disappointment. Oh well, I played the game when it first came out years ago and had fun with it then. No reason to pay for it again just to have slightly sharper details on the graphics.

I remember getting on on this game and bumping straight away into bland MMO Type quests and was an almost instant turn off lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I remember getting on on this game and bumping straight away into bland MMO Type quests and was an almost instant turn off lol
    The combat system was actually pretty good for the time, and the story wasn't terrible. The quest design was pretty bland though.....definitely not its strong suit. I just remember liking it for the fact that I could play a true battlemage type character and not be gimped for going full on magic like a lot of single player/character RPG games seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    yea, not the best questing etc. I also didnt like how good crafting was in the game. Once I had played through the hole game as a...Wizard? class, I gathered all my mats I had gotten, then crafted my gear...And damn, big upgrade, so crafting is better than drops lol.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

on one hand. kinda tempted by expac. on the other hand while I played the heck out of this game way back then, I never really got around to finishing it. there was just.. so much side questing, I got bogged down and eventually lost interest.

I'm guessing saves from original game can NOT be imported?

and to be perfectly honest, my biggest doubt comes in part due to getting expac sight unseen and in part because I would imagine that they fixed the bug that allowed to get virtually infinite inventory space....

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this was a game that came out when it did and it got such mixed reviews from people that I was really debating whether to buy it and never did. I remember another game came out in 2012 and got that instead and I forgot all about Kingdoms of Amalur, so with this remaster and seeing people play it I am going back to should I or shouldn't I all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Man this was a game that came out when it did and it got such mixed reviews from people that I was really debating whether to buy it and never did. I remember another game came out in 2012 and got that instead and I forgot all about Kingdoms of Amalur, so with this remaster and seeing people play it I am going back to should I or shouldn't I all over again
    I had exactly the same experience.

I played it for maybe a half hour before refunding it because it just felt like Skyrim lite or something. Was not grabbed by the combat or anything about it.

But I won't lie. I'm definitely wondering about giving it a second chance now that it's been remastered.

The one thing that turned me off to this game was the otrocious camera position,blows my mind how someone aproved that crap,and also didnt think to give any way to edit it...i remember being a program to force edit it but i never bothered,atleast this version has plenty of camera setting,i can actualy play it now and not feel like vomiting

My biggest concern is if they addresed difficulty properly. In the original game even on highest difficulty combat wasn't that hard and with tons of experience you quickly outleveled zones, which made the game even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though