Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not mad. The game was great to begin with, it didn't need any changes. Just a port to modern systems.

- - - Updated - - -

If I had some spare cash I would totally buy the new one. The game is a great power fantasy. Makes me think of how WoW would be if it didn't need to be balanced, and our max level mages wouldn't find themselves fighting toe-to-toe with generic wildlife because they walked into a new zone and the deer got stronger.

Summary:
    - Yes they fixed camera positioning
    - Yes they fixed difficulty, both in number of levels and mechanics of "entering the zone"
    - Somewhat they upgraded graphics; its certainly better but on the low end of a "remaster"
    - No they didn't fix any of the bugs (not all that many but some pretty nasty ones)
    - No they didn't change combat
    - No it doesn't feel any different than the original game in general

Of course your mileage may vary but that seems to be what I saw and general opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Did that get rid of that ridiculous bloom effect that put a freaking white sheen on everything? That was the number one thing that drove me away from this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I liked the original but you got so overpowered in the middle of the game that you one-shotted everything with one spell. That made it very boring, combat consisted of running through the enemies, trying to pile up the most you can and then cast one meteor spell to kill them all.

I'd be interested in the remaster but 40 euro is absurd for such an old game.

Was it really remastered? i bought it aswell (lower price but meh anyway) and i installed it and when i opened the game it seem that not much had changed,i dont really wanna download the 1st game to compare and i havent played it since it came out but i dont think it had much of a difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Was it really remastered? i bought it aswell (lower price but meh anyway) and i installed it and when i opened the game it seem that not much had changed,i dont really wanna download the 1st game to compare and i havent played it since it came out but i dont think it had much of a difference
    Exp gained is lowered so far i can tell only this. By graphics is kinda little bit darker at least for me. Probably more fixes are on the way, because sometimes you can encounter weird bugs but mostly graphical.

Also about exp. Thing is, i finished today House Of Ballads storyline, and got only 20 level, while in original it could be like 20+ There is diffrence.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Exp gained is lowered so far i can tell only this. By graphics is kinda little bit darker at least for me. Probably more fixes are on the way, because sometimes you can encounter weird bugs but mostly graphical.

Also about exp. Thing is, i finished today House Of Ballads storyline, and got only 20 level, while in original it could be like 20+ There is diffrence.
    About the graphic glitches i assume im not the only one seeing npcs twisting their necks and spines :P

Tbh the remaster at 40 is rip off. Im just gonna stick to the originale. With the camera mod for better view game is already fine. They did not adresses difficulty and OP crafted gear enough anyway in the remaster from what Ive heard.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Tbh the remaster at 40 is rip off. Im just gonna stick to the originale. With the camera mod for better view game is already fine. They did not adresses difficulty and OP crafted gear enough anyway in the remaster from what Ive heard.
    They did, they added an extra difficulty setting (very hard), lowered xp gain, rebalanced some skills/abilities, and enemies are higher level I think (I'm constantly fighting mobs with orange names, only times I'm not is when I go to old areas that I completed ages ago, and even then entering a dungeon will scale mobs in that dungeon afaik).

I enjoyed this game years ago but the dungeons...damnit is always the same. long narrow corridors.
    no exploring. whenever I entered a dungeon I was like mehhh not again.
    I would buy it tho if the remaster was good enough. I played it years ago so cannot remember the story at all. would still feel fresh.

I am playing record of agarest war atm on steam and boy even that has some exploring, I actually needed to open paint and draw maps for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    They did, they added an extra difficulty setting (very hard), lowered xp gain, rebalanced some skills/abilities, and enemies are higher level I think (I'm constantly fighting mobs with orange names, only times I'm not is when I go to old areas that I completed ages ago, and even then entering a dungeon will scale mobs in that dungeon afaik).
    Wait they did...very hard? I thought it was only zone scaling of some kind. All I know is that once you got to like mid-game, you started getting so many OP spells and you just owned it all...Like my Wizard at 80 hours completed when I did the hole game, he was so OP it was pointless. And that OP feel started already around 20-30.

Edit: okay, went on steam. Seems like they didnt fix the bugs of originale game, and new once come, but better loot, less XP, harder difficulty is a thing...I think you can also get for 20 euro if you have originale game...Maybe I should do that then. Still I dont like how OP crafted gear is...All you wanna do is min-max that and get to level 40 asap...grinding serves no point.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-09-16 at 11:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think very hard is actually an challenge... At the end of Dalentarth quests, i was easily killing most annoying mobs such Jottuns etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I don't think very hard is actually an challenge... At the end of Dalentarth quests, i was easily killing most annoying mobs such Jottuns etc.
    I mean maybe my gear sucks but if I miss a couple of blocks/dodges I'm dead vs jottuns/mountain trolls/ettins/threshers. I also hate sprites with a passion because they can get you in a charge combo if you aren't careful and I'm dead...

Mind you I'm only level 15 atm, and I'm going for a Finesse/Might build with Faeblades and Bow. It's definitely more difficult for me than the original was. + I don't min max because it's not an MMO...

never played the original( i do own it though)....so im debating buying the revamp version...worth it? it's like $16 on steam

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    My biggest concern is if they addresed difficulty properly. In the original game even on highest difficulty combat wasn't that hard and with tons of experience you quickly outleveled zones, which made the game even worse.
    They did.
    I am playing on hard and have been doing every quest in the first 5 sub zones and enemies still hurt a lot. I am having to chug health potions like an addict.

Playing finesse though. So, probably take more damage than a might build.
    The widow boss fight was really hard. I had to focus her cause i could not deal with dodging her and her spiders attacks and it took too long to kill them. They dealt too much damage. Killed her and ran off from the spiders. XD

The remaster is pretty good. The revamped difficulty keeps the combat interesting.
    You do feel pretty strong at the start cause of the special old dlc sets, but once they become obsolete it's no cake walk.

Only thing i dislike are the load times. Maybe playing it on ps5 will be better.
    The questing is not amazing, but it's now more useful to power up.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-17 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Edit: okay, went on steam. Seems like they didnt fix the bugs of originale game, and new once come, but better loot, less XP, harder difficulty is a thing...I think you can also get for 20 euro if you have originale game...Maybe I should do that then. Still I dont like how OP crafted gear is...All you wanna do is min-max that and get to level 40 asap...grinding serves no point.
    they are fixing some of the most reported bugs now. iirc there should be a bigger patch this week or next.

but yeah it's definitely more of a "make it work on modern pcs" than a "make it amazing" remaster.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-09-17 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They did.
    I am playing on hard and have been doing every quest in the first 5 sub zones and enemies still hurt a lot. I am having to chug health potions like an addict.
    Nice to hear, guess I'll buy it then. This was the only thing I didn't enjoy in the original game.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    never played the original( i do own it though)....so im debating buying the revamp version...worth it? it's like $16 on steam
    From what I'm gathering, no. The 'remaster' is just a glorified port. If you have and can play the original, I would stick with it. It's a fantastic game, give it a chance. I will be buying it myself, but only because I no longer have a PS3 to play the original on.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    From what I'm gathering, no. The 'remaster' is just a glorified port. If you have and can play the original, I would stick with it. It's a fantastic game, give it a chance. I will be buying it myself, but only because I no longer have a PS3 to play the original on.
    original is fine if you are on 16:9 1080p and want the game to be trivially easy.

if that doesn't apply to you, then you can choose to get a half-assed sort of fix by messing around with mods, or just pay some money to fix it no hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    they are fixing some of the most reported bugs now. iirc there should be a bigger patch this week or next.

but yeah it's definitely more of a "make it work on modern pcs" than a "make it amazing" remaster.
    yea Im hoping thats the case, like regular updates. Anyway I bought it - I liked originale game, just didnt like how easy it was, granted I also played full wizard aka most OP build in the game. I noticed that very hard is actually a good step up...I erhm, played original game for a few hours to see if I did wanna re-buy it etc, and I noticed very hard is a good step up. This time ill do full might / warrior build.