Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Disc forbearance back ?

Hey guys & gals!

From the PTR...thoughts ?

Discipline & Shadow

Body and Soul (Discipline) Can occur once every 6 sec sec.
    Power Word: Shield (Discipline) Shields an ally for 15 sec, absorbing [ 462% of Spell Power ] damage, and preventing damage from delaying spellcasting. Shields an ally for 15 sec, absorbing [ 462% of Spell Power ] damage. You cannot shield the target again for 6 sec.
    Power Word: Shield (Shadow) Shields an ally for 15 sec, absorbing [ 209.4% of Spell Power ] damage, and preventing damage from delaying spellcasting. Shields an ally for 15 sec, absorbing [ 209.4% of Spell Power ] damage. You cannot shield the target again for 6 sec.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought there was this already when you cast shield on someone. When did they remove it?

I think the spell power percentages are way higher (like legion). Now it's like 100% SP not 462%. Such beta wow

It's a great change, right now PWS feels like shit to hit, after the change it will absorb much more. I'm just curious if they will add another button to proc atonement or if we will just be using shadowmend for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to wowhead data, PWS has NOT been buffed, only the weakened soul has returned.

Maybe its to help people play disc better..? I never spam shield on the same person unless I have Rapture up. To my understanding PWS is to help put atonements up, the shield is just a bonus.

Deleted
    realy dumb change. has no impact on raid disc, thier strongest part. m+ and PvP will be a nightmare with this change. 0 testing went into this change i doubt this will make it

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    "realy dumb change"

-True

"has no impact on raid disc, thier strongest part"

-True

"m+ and PvP will be a nightmare with this change"

-True

"0 testing went into this change"

-True

"i doubt this will make it"

-False

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hazardhazard View Post
    m+ and PvP will be a nightmare with this change
    I have no idea how would this affect m+ considerably. I only use PWS for atonement (except when Rapture) which lasts much longer than 6 secs... OK, sometimes I use it as an instant heal when I have to move and someone is dying. Still not seeing this as a big impact.
    Anyway I think they should make weakened soul PVP only just to be safe - shield spam is 100% not an issue in PVE.

15+ Year Old Account
    The shields are so weak, it doesn't matter. Not sure why this change was necessary. If they were buffing the shield - sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I have no idea how would this affect m+ considerably. I only use PWS for atonement (except when Rapture) which lasts much longer than 6 secs...
    This is the point exactly. They gave us a 0 cd weak PW:Shield to compensate for the loss of plea, our former atonement applier. If I want to apply atonement to my whole m+ group now - for whatever reason - I either have to use radiance (half the duration, high mana cost) or shadow mend (takes ~ 7 seconds, high mana cost).
    Last edited by Rici; 2018-09-24 at 10:38 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    This is the point exactly. They gave us a 0 cd weak PW:Shield to compensate for the loss of plea, our former atonement applier. If I want to apply atonement to my whole m+ group now - for whatever reason - I either have to use radiance (half the duration, high mana cost) or shadow mend (takes ~ 7 seconds, high mana cost).
    Think you missed the bolded part... You cannot shield the target again for 6 sec. TARGET.. Meaning you can still just pw:s the entire group in m+.. You just can't shield the same person twice, which you really shouldn't be doing anyways, with very rare exceptions..

Ah yes, indeed, I missed that. Thanks for clarification!

Oh for goodness sake. I was hoping we'd seen the last of weakened soul, at least as shadow. I'm not gonna hold my breath for any good changes to shadow tbh. :|
    Let my cries chill the living...

They better buff power word shield absorbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I thought there was this already when you cast shield on someone. When did they remove it?
    WoD, if I remember correctly. The issue was multiple disc priests in one raid group couldn't shield the same targets and was therefore pretty lousy as a comp. Ion is a fan of the ol' "bring the class not the player" mindset that ghostcrawler advocated against, so I'm not terribly surprised we'll be discouraged from bringing the same classes and specs.

Of course, they won't at all address LFR stuffing all the disc priests in one group and such. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjapotato69 View Post
    They better buff power word shield absorbs.
    Why though?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    WoD, if I remember correctly. The issue was multiple disc priests in one raid group couldn't shield the same targets and was therefore pretty lousy as a comp. Ion is a fan of the ol' "bring the class not the player" mindset that ghostcrawler advocated against, so I'm not terribly surprised we'll be discouraged from bringing the same classes and specs.

Of course, they won't at all address LFR stuffing all the disc priests in one group and such. lol
    There should never be a moment where you can bring horrible compositions that look like you just grabbed absolutely whatever you could find out of desperation ,that being said no matter what the developers think, want, or do every fight will favor 1 class over another, there is no way to make a perfectly balanced fight like that without so much going on it would be diablo.

It means i cant spam shields with rapture on tanks anymore?

Sigh..at least give us a decent single target healing

Quote Originally Posted by Manos0 View Post
    It means i cant spam shields with rapture on tanks anymore?

Sigh..at least give us a decent single target healing
    Rapture bypasses Weakened Souls