Arena vs PVE gear

Hey guys stopped playing at end of legion and curious about how gimped pvp only geared players are vs those that raid for gear?

I hate raiding

can you guys shed some light on this for me please

You have to be able to get to pretty high ratings for the gear you get from PvP to be as good as even Heroic raids, or about a Mythic +7/8.

Its easier to PvE for your gear in almost all cases.

For the first time in awhile, PvP gear is kind of inferior to PvE gear in general. I think some pieces are considered okay, but depending on your class/specc, lots of PvP Azerite abilities suck dick compared to ones found on PvE pieces.

Keep in mind this only matters so much for Azerite pieces, of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weekly chest is good. Roll up tokens are nice, but rare.

I do M7/8+ and Rival arena and have had good luck with 380 roll ups. Along with Heroic raiding, I'm remaining relevant with not too much commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    That guy is abusing the pvp scaling to increase his damage and decrease dmg taken. Equip high dmg based azerit pieces and just use lowest itemlvl possible with good stats and sockets and enjoy your easy free extra damage.

They are working on a hotfix for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    That guy is abusing the pvp scaling to increase his damage and decrease dmg taken. Equip high dmg based azerit pieces and just use lowest itemlvl possible with good stats and sockets and enjoy your easy free extra damage.

They are working on a hotfix for that shit.
    Yep, it's actually pretty obvious. Most his gear has got sockets

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Is there a link to that? I'd like to know a bit more about it, the system atm is weird.
    I think the very latest blue post on the blue tracker describes the problem. Essentially - pvp scaling scales damage based exclusively on ratio of HP, but many flat damage azerite traits aren't stuck on the scaling system. Thus, really high ilvl azerite gear still gets the full bonus. That posted hunter has a 390 azerite chest with a flat damage boost on it - that flat damage boost is scaled up by the 390 ilvl, and then isn't affected by HP scaling.

So you artificially minimize your damage taken / maximize your damage output by minimizing your overall HP pool but still get the bonuses of that super high level piece of azerite gear. Because of the linear manner in which damage scales with HP, the only secondary that really matters at all is haste.

This is most abusable by classes with slightly overtuned flat damage traits and who thrive on haste. Shadow priests, survival hunters, and assassin rogues are the worst offenders that I know of. I'm working on maximizing my shadow priest set-up now with three of our SWP bonuses and about 108K HP, 13% haste. I'm notably more tanky and do way more damage with this set-up than I do just equipping my highest ilvl stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lobocito View Post
    I think the very latest blue post on the blue tracker describes the problem. Essentially - pvp scaling scales damage based exclusively on ratio of HP, but many flat damage azerite traits aren't stuck on the scaling system. Thus, really high ilvl azerite gear still gets the full bonus. That posted hunter has a 390 azerite chest with a flat damage boost on it - that flat damage boost is scaled up by the 390 ilvl, and then isn't affected by HP scaling.

So you artificially minimize your damage taken / maximize your damage output by minimizing your overall HP pool but still get the bonuses of that super high level piece of azerite gear. Because of the linear manner in which damage scales with HP, the only secondary that really matters at all is haste.

This is most abusable by classes with slightly overtuned flat damage traits and who thrive on haste. Shadow priests, survival hunters, and assassin rogues are the worst offenders that I know of. I'm working on maximizing my shadow priest set-up now with three of our SWP bonuses and about 108K HP, 13% haste. I'm notably more tanky and do way more damage with this set-up than I do just equipping my highest ilvl stuff.
    Interesting as I did not know that haste is a big part of it but I can see that given how powerful haste can be if you have enough of it for certain specs due to how it scales with certain mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostful View Post
    Hey guys stopped playing at end of legion and curious about how gimped pvp only geared players are vs those that raid for gear?

I hate raiding

can you guys shed some light on this for me please
    M+ is the best way to gear as of now.

BG gear is useless (stops at 325 + whatever comes with warforge/titanforge).
    Competitive PvP is fine if you get to high ratings, but if you are the everyday average player, stick to M+.

Once people start cleaning raids easily, you can probably hop into some PUGs if you are a healer to get some free gear.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

If you belong to the small statistical percentage of PvPers at the peak of the ladders you can get gear equal to PvE gear, but otherwise PvE gear is easier and better than what you can get from casual PvP or ratings the majority of PvPers play at.

This is major porblem of PVP... there is no motivation except ''self skill improving''.
    But this is RPG... rpg motivation to playing is most of the time gearing (and maybe continue in story)