Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    warlock design is a joke since WoD

just bring back cata affliction and keep it
    malefic grasp can go and stay go.
    nightfall should be baseline and stack charges.
    they need to bake the drain soul damage and sub 20% damage bonus into drain life, along with the soul shard refill upon death-while-afflicted.
    i'd even give a castable-while channeling drain life "shadowburn" called soul tear that does a small portion of damage but mostly adds healing absorb spending as many soul shards as the warlock has for more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    malefic grasp can go and stay go.
    nightfall should be baseline and stack charges.
    they need to bake the drain soul damage and sub 20% damage bonus into drain life, along with the soul shard refill upon death-while-afflicted.
    i'd even give a castable-while channeling drain life "shadowburn" called soul tear that does a small portion of damage but mostly adds healing absorb spending as many soul shards as the warlock has for more damage.
    malefic grasp wasnt a thing in Cata

i think things like haunt, teleport, coil, howl, nightball shadowbolt.. all should be baseline, but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    malefic grasp wasnt a thing in Cata

i think things like haunt, teleport, coil, howl, nightball shadowbolt.. all should be baseline, but it is what it is
    i know, i just hated our filler being a channel rather then our killing blow alot.
    but we do need some kill-confirm since DoTs are pretty easy to out-heal in the critical time one needs to score a kill.

Maldiva playing rogue because even him can't take this shit now. Lmao.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Cata Affy PvP was so fucking smooth.
    Easily the most I enjoyed pvp outside of broken instances like WOTLK Destro in high gear / SL/SL.

I loved the Cata design in general, but spent most of DS spamming pvp since the raid was boring and it was a blast in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Easily the most I enjoyed pvp outside of broken instances like WOTLK Destro in high gear / SL/SL.

I loved the Cata design in general, but spent most of DS spamming pvp since the raid was boring and it was a blast in comparison.
    I would put Cata Affy over MoP and even Wrath in terms of PvP enjoyment. Mop and Wrath Destro both fun, too. I didn't really raid in DS, only a couple times as Destro. And Cata Destro was pretty puke.

Deleted
    I don't think affliction needs any help as most casts are instant. Destruction though, is too painful to be real. You can't do anything. Only one instant cast.

The portals from the legion artifact were a huge loss and need to be returned.

Demon armor just showed up in the 8.1 files.

Increases hp by 15% and armor by 125% , affliction/destro only.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Demon armor just showed up in the 8.1 files.

Increases hp by 15% and armor by 125% , affliction/destro only.
    This can't be in 8.1, lol.

We need this now, hope is they just used the patch to test it.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    This can't be in 8.1, lol.

We need this now, hope is they just used the patch to test it.
    Given that we have around 13-14 % physical reduction in terms of armor, the armor buffs us up to around 30% which is effectively an approximate 15% extra physical damage reduction and with the added 15% hp increase, demon skin should be the equivalent of around 20% damage reduction passive vs melee.

EDIT: do note that it is stated as a pvp talent and will mean we'll have to give up a slot for it.

Given that we have around 13-14 % physical reduction in terms of armor, the armor buffs us up to around 30% which is effectively an approximate 15% extra physical damage reduction and with the added 15% hp increase, demon skin should be the equivalent of around 20% damage reduction passive vs melee.

EDIT: do note that it is stated as a pvp talent and will mean we'll have to give up a slot for it.
    I'll give up extra increased duration on UA gladly :P
    Portal and reflect is always a must have.

But yeah, I have about 15% versa on my lock atm with a full PVP set filled with gems, this could work for me.
    Thanks for the heads up!

That Demon Armor talent is pretty interesting even if the cost is fairly high for destro especially. Really hope they're not delaying it until 8.1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I don't think affliction needs any help as most casts are instant.
    Instant and totally useless. I mean, those 900 damage Corruption ticks and 1100 damage Agony ticks are going to wrek face, right?

You cant put out any meaningful damage without hard-casting several UAs and a Haunt into a target.

so yet more fucking "we took it from baseline to act as fodder for this new retarded class design of ours".

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    so yet more fucking "we took it from baseline to act as fodder for this new retarded class design of ours".
    Yeah, i fail to see how this would impact PvE in any meaningful way.

The Demon Armor buff means shit because it is now a mandatory PvP talent. How does it feel that you have to give up something just to be on par with other classes? This is similar with Spriest's Edge of Insanity, and look at the state of their mechanics flow.

When will they understand that the class itself BASELINE needs help. Without this Demon Armor buff, we are still back to what we are right now. This is a CORE CLASS DESIGN issue, not a freaking use-this-talent solution.

Why are they so freaking adamant in not giving this baseline? They buffed us but also nerfed as at the same time. Destro alone has mandatory honor talents. This doesn't affect Affliction that much because the spec already has terrible honor talents in the first place (and I don't know which is sadder).

Waiting months for this lazy shit? Yeah, let's put a TAX right now for warlocks that decide to PvP. This is getting ridiculous.

- Casting Circle should have been that talent that got pruned. Its "buff" is pretty much what Unending Resolve back in Legion without the nerf to damage reduction. It's redundant at this point. Or they can just make it a talent that reduces Unending Resolve's CD to 1min, which is what this Casting Circle is now. I mean, God forbid a warlock can cast?!?! That should make this talent worthy of being chosen and actually promotes some variety in gameplay.
    - Demon Armor needs to be baseline alongside Demonic Circle and then replace it with Howl of Terror in the tier to actually make it you know, a CC tier?!
    - Then make that useless Darkfury talent make Shadowfury instant.

Gasp! An actually good CC tier with good choices?! Blizzard won't allow it!
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2018-10-04 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Instant and totally useless. I mean, those 900 damage Corruption ticks and 1100 damage Agony ticks are going to wrek face, right?

You cant put out any meaningful damage without hard-casting several UAs and a Haunt into a target.
    All those instant dots on multiple targets are a lot of pressure on the healers. Once you get a peel and start casting the unstable afflections, it will become very hard to keep up. Affliction is scary in the long game and has burst with soul shatter. There really isn't a hell of a lot to complain about compared to many other caster specs atm.

>it's a pvp talent
    do they even know what the fuck they're doing anymore? how is that a fucking solution?
    what the hell can we even give up?

To be fair, I'm not sure this is gonna solve our issues , a lot of classes can bypass armor ( think rogues/DH ), so most likely it won't solve our other concern which is our 3 mins cd defensive.

At the very least unending resolve should be brought down to 2 min ( not as a pvp talent ).