Poll: Least Favourite BG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    AV. Horde loses most of the time in this BG. Bliz should revamped the map so that both sides are equal in terms of layout like IoC.

While Kotmogu and Seething Shore have serious flaws I can overlook them somewhat. Silvershard Mines I am no longer a fan of though and I do find it surprising to see that others share a similar opinion on it.

IoC I like but I have to admit it is needs a serious revamp as it hasn't aged well.

I'd love to just play AB over and over. I feel like it's easily the most popular and favorite BG, yet I rarely play it anymore because the pool is so big. Bring back BG Weekends!

Its sad that Blizzard's 3 best PVP maps -- Warsong, Arathi, Alterac -- all came in Vanilla.

Eye of the Storm is a good, but not as good as the first 3. Similarly, Gilneas isn't bad but its a poor man's Arathi.

Silvershard Mines. This and SotA were my main blacklist. SotA I could at least farm HKs. Mines I just hate and I dont know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Temple of Kotmogu, not fun at all
    This ^^^^^^^

I vote every BG except the Vanilla ones, EotS, Twin Peaks and Gilneas.

No idea but Blizzard has serious trouble designing decent Battlegrounds outside of the regular CTF and King of the Hill.
    AV is the exception, possibly nostalgia but also because it feels like a real battle due the massive map and those Graveyards can really shift where the battle happens, adding a real tactical element.

Never really liked Deepwind Gorge. Maybe it's too far spread out for the number of players? Not sure, can never put my finger on it. Just started playing another horde character again this xpac and it hasn't popped for me on it yet, but on my Ally main I don't think I've ever actually won it in a random? Something about it has always felt a bit all over the place and like nobody has any direction (well, moreso than the other BGs). Was always on my blacklist back in the day.

I see the IoC hate, but I think could be rebalanced to be fun and have more than one effective strat, but then again it's in a separate queue of only 2 BGs so avoidable for most peeps who hate 40 mans as a whole anyway. It does seem to pop waaaaay more often than AV for me though, on both factions, so if you love AV and still want to get your random bg bonus conquest each day you're going to end up hating it.

If they perhaps replaced IoC with a new epic/40 man BG or even Wintergrasp I'd be fine with it leaving though, but a few small changes here and there could make it fun and could change up the strategies used a bit.

Battle for Gilneas is not fun if you play Alliance. But Eye of the Storm just isn't fun at all unless you have a knockback ability. Hard to pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

BfG. Rated games are often decided by whoever get a second base first. Once you're winning it's almost impossible to lose because it's only a 3 base point control map. In Unrated play it's just a colossal shitshow, worse than AB ever was.

I've never enjoyed Eye of the Storm. I couldn't tell you why exactly, I've just never liked it.

Deleted
    Seething Shore. I don't like the fact that you "cannot see" enemy movements here and react accordingly, enemies just fall from the sky and it's not really predictable where that will be. The whole BG is based on random objective location and random enemy appearance.

I didn't vote for IoC or Alterac as those are in their own group now and I don't really have to deal with them anymore.

Kotmugu, then probably Seething Shore. AV and Isle of Conquest don't have to go because they aren't in the RBG rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a Ret's PoV:

Love - Kotmogu (Ret is specifically VERY strong there due to its bursty nature if you focus enemy orb carriers); then TP, WSG
    OK - AB, Gilneas, Silvershard Mines, EoTS, Deepwind Gorge
    Meh - Seething Shore (too much RNG-dependent - you can be very lucky or unlucky depending on where Azerite vein will appear), Alterac

Total crap - IoC. Remove please.

Alterac and IOC.

I don't get the IoC hate,it was very well rebalanced in BfA,which allows a lot more strategies to win,and allows people to come back even from a very bad spot,defense is effective and so is offense

It's much better than when it was a free win for alliance and glaives were the only option to win

Deleted
    Seems like I will have the unpopular opinion but I really hate Capture the flag mode in games and the WSG is my least favorite pvp map in any game ever.