Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock 3v3 viable comps?

Hello guys,
    This time warlock is very decent in 3v3 but what do you think is viable comp for warlock in arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by wojtas1613 View Post
    Hello guys,
    This time warlock is very decent in 3v3 but what do you think is viable comp for warlock in arenas?
    Hello Wojtas1613,

Main warlock here. I have rerolled for BFA, Warlock are in a terrible states right now in BFA. For PvP of course.

Blizzard recently said that they will buff the class and give it some love since it's at the bottom right now.

There isn't really a viable comp for warlock right now. There are some very high rated player, but high rated warlocks are extremely rare right now. Warlocks are extremely squishy. Even though the damage of affliction and destruction is extremely high, they lack the defensive to stay alive agaisn't melee (Rogues, arms, enh shaman, etc).

Buffs are coming though, so don't give up!

Deleted
    RLS/RLD and LSDh or LDDh, and Boomie/L/S are your best currently (haven't played since sham nerfs so that might be wrong now)

Good luck getting a partner that will queue with you as a warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    Hello Wojtas1613,

Main warlock here. I have rerolled for BFA, Warlock are in a terrible states right now in BFA. For PvP of course.

Blizzard recently said that they will buff the class and give it some love since it's at the bottom right now.

There isn't really a viable comp for warlock right now. There are some very high rated player, but high rated warlocks are extremely rare right now. Warlocks are extremely squishy. Even though the damage of affliction and destruction is extremely high, they lack the defensive to stay alive agaisn't melee (Rogues, arms, enh shaman, etc).

Buffs are coming though, so don't give up!
    Can you link to the post? When did they say this?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Good luck getting a partner that will queue with you as a warlock.
    Yeah it's completely impossible. At least a new quite fun hobby is to watch "pro" players try to play Warlock.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HotLazyDotterelEleGiggle
    https://clips.twitch.tv/PeacefulBigPuppyRaccAttack

@sebleb

They said it in the post following the PvP balance that happened this week on Tuesday(The preview, so last week). Blizz said that they would give some love to Warlocks and Deathknights for PvP.

There are none, we are just punching bags for all the mongoloid cleave teams... as usual =)

Ohh and we are horrible punching bags, cause we literally die in 3 seconds, so yeah...
    Last edited by lardaoc; 2018-09-28 at 02:19 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, damn i noticed this trying few comps already at 2.3k mmr... Tried RLD, comp having alot of fun but in the meta always mele cleave start train me and in few cd used if we dont get my stacks and cds at time i die...
    Funny thing, when i watch pro players that play as warlock, i.e Maldiva, Snutz or Wallirik when they yell how they can just die like that so what can we say when we are just a casual players which dies in 1 global hehe
    Im taking this as funny part and if things wont change soon prolly will be a call to reroll class to some fotm huntard or warrior, cause playing as lock will be a real pain so whats the point of super hard trying
    Last edited by mmocebebf53c8b; 2018-09-28 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much any combination of Resto Druid/Shaman + Affliction Warlock + Any good pvp spec will be viable, as always. Won't be top tier until some buffs, but it will be viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys,
    Viable comp for Warlock is:

Quote Originally Posted by sebleb View Post
    Yeah it's completely impossible. At least a new quite fun hobby is to watch "pro" players try to play Warlock.
    Even Maldiva stopped playing his Warlock...

10+ Year Old Account
    This time warlock is very decent in 3v3
    This is where you're wrong, kiddo.

As of the 24th ( latest hotfix nerfs to Rsham/druids), the only viable comp for affliction is MLX and for destro MLX/ FLPala.

Frost mage being the only true class that can provide peels for locks currently, it's no surprise we heavily depend on it for survivability.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you have the drain life azurite then you will have a chance to win and be somewhat decent. But it won't be easy staying alive, need good heals, kiting and help from your teammate. That's why RLD/RLS/WLS/LSD is what people are running right now.

Buffs are coming along as they say but hopefully they don't buff us to OP as lock/shaman gets more complaints then Rogue/Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trematode View Post
    Only if you have the drain life azurite then you will have a chance to win and be somewhat decent. But it won't be easy staying alive, need good heals, kiting and help from your teammate. That's why RLD/RLS/WLS/LSD is what people are running right now.

Buffs are coming along as they say but hopefully they don't buff us to OP as lock/shaman gets more complaints then Rogue/Mage.
    All the enemy team has to do is kick your drain life or stun it, no decent enemy team will fall for this...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    All the enemy team has to do is kick your drain life or stun it, no decent enemy team will fall for this...
    That's true. 100%

But drain life is one of the most used in high rating right now. Needs really good positioning, it can 100-0 in secs if you don't interrupt or stun it.

Playing 2s with holy pally. Synergy is best of all healers, especially with HOP and amount of melee in arenas right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    Playing 2s with holy pally. Synergy is best of all healers, especially with HOP and amount of melee in arenas right now.
    Why would anyone want to play with a lock when they can play with just about any other class and do much better? You have to realize that by playing lock, you are holding your team back and if you're not completely selfish, you will play a class that is viable over 1600.

Deleted
    I agree
    I tried RLS with my friend sham (me 2.4k arena exp, 2.6k rbg exp, he is 2.7k arena exp) we took random rogue from finder with exp of 2.2k... And what? We were trully farmed by 2k teams we rly had problems to hit even 1.6k cr with 2k mmr... Ofc mele cleaves, rmps, rmds, 0 warlocks and dks we met....
    After that me and rsham decided that i change warlock to warrior ( i had trully 0 experience with warriors...) with the same ppl rogue and rsham we hit within 2hrs 2k cr with 2.3k mmr
    So having much more exp as warlock is super hard hit any rating
    Having 0 exp as warrior clicking braindead buttons with trully half of the keybinds i use on lock i hit easy 2k cr
    So where is the problem? Experience of players or just unbalanced between classes
    If true pro players like Maldiva(many times r1 lock) Snutz (legend warlock) Wallirikz (legendary warlock best EU warlock) complains about their mobility, durability and survivability means really warlock are trully squishy
    I dont understand Blizzard updates about balances... All time dmg reduce or increase but 0 updates about defensives etc...

Right now you could probably reduce all damage a lock takes by 10% and reduce wall from 3 minutes down to 1 minute... and nobody would even notice it... it's disgusting how far lock is behind right now. The only way to even play high rated as a lock is to team up with a frost mage, cause that's the only class that has enough peel's to keep you alive and as someone else already mentioned, you aren't doing your team a favor but holding it back big time by playing lock...

Deleted
    Yup, thats why i will reroll to Warrior or DH (need lvl up)
    DH seems be very very strong aswell now but as warrior its rly easy to play