Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I like how you go from "people assume shit" to "blizzard is to blame for it".
    hats confusing you here?

blizzard is to blame for the bad reputation and dislike of shamans in group.

and therefore the community does assume they are bad players who do bad dps and should reroll and not invite them to groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    I pull my weight in damage as ele shammy and can keep up with the curve, whilst doing mechanics, so i havent encountered any shite.
    yeah curve isn't hard, it's mythic where ele just falls into uselessness as encounters are a lot stricter on dps and mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    hats confusing you here?

blizzard is to blame for the bad reputation and dislike of shamans in group.

and therefore the community does assume they are bad players who do bad dps and should reroll and not invite them to groups.
    Shouldn't you be blaming community for assuming that someone is bad just because he plays a shaman? I've encountered DHs who do 5k DPS on bosses more often than Elemental not being able to pull 10k in normal pugs. From my experience, someone sticking to an underdog class plays better than one of literally hundreds of thousands FotM class players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Today in mythic+ a dh tank joined the group, saw me as the healer, and said:

OMG A RESTO SHAMAN. A real fossil.
    Our feral gets that often too
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Resto shaman here. Never completed a 10 min time even with a guild and never got invited to to a pug group above level 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obesemidget View Post
    Wow not even 1%. All three specs combined mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roeks View Post
    That's bleeding edge prog right there man. Real veteran healer . Posting wipe logs. Yeah, I'll post a 2 min wipe on myrhic fights where I have 24k dps as enh. Yeah we're good. No problem here guys. Go buff other classes.
    Again, it's not to show how awesome we were xD Not at all. It's just to show that I can keep up with all the other healers just fine without going oom myself. I'm not saying we don't need buffs, but to say we can't keep up is a bit weird to say. Zul just happens to be one of our best fights, so it's the easiest for me to show parses on.

If you want a kill parse then https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=healing there you go, from the first week >.>

Btw: Healer parses are NEVER trustable. It all depends on how bad or good your team is, how many healers you're running, and so forth.
    A good healer can get terrible parses because their team is good, and a bad healer can get good parses because their team just takes all the damage.

My link was not to "show off", it was to show that shamans can keep up. I literally just took our last pull of that night from the logs, which was our best at the time as well.

Edit: I should probably clarify this in the original post.
    Last edited by Shinela; 2018-09-29 at 01:51 AM.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    Again, it's not to show how awesome we were xD Not at all. It's just to show that I can keep up with all the other healers just fine without going oom myself. I'm not saying we don't need buffs, but to say we can't keep up is a bit weird to say. Zul just happens to be one of our best fights, so it's the easiest for me to show parses on.

If you want a kill parse then https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=healing there you go, from the first week >.>

Btw: Healer parses are NEVER trustable. It all depends on how bad or good your team is, how many healers you're running, and so forth.
    A good healer can get terrible parses because their team is good, and a bad healer can get good parses because their team just takes all the damage.

My link was not to "show off", it was to show that shamans can keep up. I literally just took our last pull of that night from the logs, which was our best at the time as well.

Edit: I should probably clarify this in the original post.
    You played twice as effectively and still couldn't beat the other lowest healer. You played at over 50% of your class potential and he played in the upper 20 percentile.

We don't need people posting their individual parses, we have global data. Agree that individual parses are fucky for healing but thats why we have that global data, so can view the best players and the common trends....which show Shaman getting obliterated in healing on a routine basis at every level of gameplay.

Are they useless? No

but

Can they keep up with better tuned healers? No

We can also see trends in representation, issues in M+ representation (second lowest healer at 6x representation at lv.15)
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-09-29 at 02:31 AM.

I registered just to post this.

I'm a decently geared enhancement shaman - I do a lot of pugs over weekends.

I probably get maybe 1 consideration in out of probably 100 applications to LFDs for +10s
    I've collected various responses.. from sympathizers who would take me in "Hey man, we took you in cause we feel sorry for your class" to things like "SHAMANS. LUL. REALLY?". Time to time I would get reply from ex-shamans-led group who would take me in cause they know how bad it is for us.

If you guys ever reroll and you see a shaman.. do pick them up for some m+ please

IIRC elemental is still at the bottom of the barrel, same as it was during legion.

Sadly, people can't look beyond the stats or want to take a risk. For example in my guild, two of us are shadow priests (Which are at the bottom with shamans) and we out dps half the raid group. But the average SP wouldn't be able to. When we both go to pug Mythic keystones we get declined nearly 99% of the time. Isn't a massive issue as we do guild runs but when no ones online its a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    Priests can purge too, but for less mana. Mages, hunters can BL too. DH, lock, and many others can AoE stun too. True, I think(?) we're the only healer with a rupt, that's what we bring
    From a shadow point of view, we can purge, but our mana is gone in 5 casts. In terms of mana spending it's more efficient to cast mass dispel than purge. Idk about other guilds, but when I heal on Zul our priests don't MD until phase 2 and we leave that to our shadow priest. Also life grip. I reckon if we didn't have that a lot less priests would get invited to pug runs in Uldyr
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    There is a reason I rolled from healing on my shaman to healing on my priest. I have leveled both to 120 but shaman is just a struggle to heal with in BFA, it is actually really rough... and I am kinda disappointed that it is since I love playing shaman (having played shaman since Vanilla).