Quote Originally Posted by Noises View Post
    Fire is in a good spot right now number wise
    Wait... what ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furadds View Post
    Wait... what ?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=95

at 75 and 95 respectively fire is mid tier and not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthets View Post
    I'm more shocked at Survival hunter beating BM out of no where. and Destro being close to Affliction
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Better indeed, on MM. HM gives a better idea of the regular raider (not where it should be) but I give you that there has been an improvement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furadds View Post
    Better indeed, on MM. HM gives a better idea of the regular raider (not where it should be) but I give you that there has been an improvement.
    The evidence presented didn't agree with your opinion so you decided to exclude it under a false pretense to undermine it?

Deleted
    What really makes fire a competitive spec right now is not just the numbers though; it's also the fact that the fights in Uldir play to the strenght of the spec. Many fights have either bosses taking extra damage at the end (Taloc, Mother, Fetid) or more hectic execute phases that call for bloodlust (Ghuun, Mythrax, arguably Vectis), or phases where you can set up your cooldowns for some serious burst (Zek'voz). That alone makes the spec better than the numbers suggest imo, at least during progression.

I'd say all three mage specs are in a good place right now; they aren't overpowered in the slightest but each has fights where it shines and they are all viable. After the mess that was the start of BfA, I'm quite surprised.

The evidence presented didn't agree with your opinion so you decided to exclude it under a false pretense to undermine it?
    Simply because the execute phase is longer in mm, so it does favor fire. In hm, where most of the raiders are, fire is not that good at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing as Fire just to mess about for a bit, and I chucked a log into Wowanalyzer to see how I was doing

This site is telling me that it's a "major" problem that I'm not casting a Fireball before consuming my Hot Streak, because that Fireball may contribute to the next one.

Is this legit? I honestly can't see this being an issue and can't work out why. In this situation when Hot Streak procs on an empty GCD (ie if my last Hot Streak got a crit) then it's one of two situations:

1) I immediately consume the HS, then cast Fireball. If one or the other crit
    2) I start a Fireball cast before consuming the HS

Either way I'm getting one FB and one Pyro in 2 GCDs, without wasting or overwriting anything. I can't work out why this analyzer is telling me 2) is correct.

Any help?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I've been playing as Fire just to mess about for a bit, and I chucked a log into Wowanalyzer to see how I was doing

This site is telling me that it's a "major" problem that I'm not casting a Fireball before consuming my Hot Streak, because that Fireball may contribute to the next one.

Is this legit? I honestly can't see this being an issue and can't work out why. In this situation when Hot Streak procs on an empty GCD (ie if my last Hot Streak got a crit) then it's one of two situations:

1) I immediately consume the HS, then cast Fireball. If one or the other crit
    2) I start a Fireball cast before consuming the HS

Either way I'm getting one FB and one Pyro in 2 GCDs, without wasting or overwriting anything. I can't work out why this analyzer is telling me 2) is correct.

Any help?
    There's a small grace period when it comes to crits accounting to heating up. Hence you want to hardcast Fireball or Pyro(with pyroclasm) to instant pyro and both will land about the same time. This can lead to heating up if either crit(even if the spell that landed first didn't crit).

You can only do it with spells that have travel time though. When Scorching, use Pyro before Scorch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    There's a small grace period when it comes to crits accounting to heating up. Hence you want to hardcast Fireball or Pyro(with pyroclasm) to instant pyro and both will land about the same time. This can lead to heating up if either crit(even if the spell that landed first didn't crit).

You can only do it with spells that have travel time though. When Scorching, use Pyro before Scorch.
    Ohhhhhh

So if say the Pyro crit and the FB didn't, consuming HS then casting FB would generate then munch a Heating Up proc, but casting Pyro and FB at the same time would keep the Heating Up proc

Is that it?

Ohhhhhh

So if say the Pyro crit and the FB didn't, consuming HS then casting FB would generate then munch a Heating Up proc, but casting Pyro and FB at the same time would keep the Heating Up proc

Is that it?
    Pretty much.

Man, you have spent so much time facing and arguing with trolls here that you can't even think this clearly and you try to undermine posters whom you don't agree with. Was simply acknowledging that fire is indeed in a better spot than a couple of weeks ago, that's a fact, yet not where it should be. Funny you say that while you conveniently chose MM parses when we all know majority of players don't even go there.

Simply because the execute phase is longer in mm, so it does favor fire. In hm, where most of the raiders are, fire is not that good at all.
    This. Quite simply.
    Last edited by Furadds; 2018-10-07 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Mythic logs are skewed, a much higher percentage of Taloc kills and much lower of Mythax/g'huun respectively, therefore a fight like Taloc which favors fire is going to bump those numbers.

Since the spreado f boss kills in heroic is a lot more balanced, it is indeed more telling how a class is doing unless you do very indepth analyzis, but at glance value mythic is redundant and heroic is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhhhhh

Is that it?
    Man your DPS must have sucked ass if you didn't hot streak into your fireballs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Super worth it for Silithid damage on mythic Zek'voz. I was like 35% ahead of anyone else on the adds. Decent execute too, though I don't have the muscle memory for scorching below 30% and forget sometimes since I just tried fire for this fight and also I am dumb. Normally play arcane.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...dfP#fight=last

Swap your scorch and fireball keybinds

Pf for m+ not for every raid boss fight though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Man your DPS must have sucked ass if you didn't hot streak into your fireballs
    Fear my almighty 11k

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used fire @ G'huun heroic. Provides nice cleave for phase 1, combustion burst during beam is nice along with meteor and during last phase it provides the best possibly mobility and damage thanks to the scorch talent. I simmed 15k as arcane and 14.2k as fire ST no movement.

Deleted
    For me I can just say, i tried anything. Fire, Frost and Arcane for both Raid and M+.
    Right now all 3 specs are close to equally strong. Of course every specc has his peaks like ST Burst or AoE burst ...

But right now were able to play the specc we want and wont have the feeling that we miss DPS.

Enjoy the time.

I prefer Fire and Frost btw

Quote Originally Posted by Tedro View Post
    For me I can just say, i tried anything. Fire, Frost and Arcane for both Raid and M+.
    Right now all 3 specs are close to equally strong. Of course every specc has his peaks like ST Burst or AoE burst ...

But right now were able to play the specc we want and wont have the feeling that we miss DPS.

Enjoy the time.

I prefer Fire and Frost btw
    Agreed. People will find a way to complain about anything, but Mage's are in a pretty good spot right now compared to how the specs have been in the past. I'm still worried about Frost scaling, and talents are still a little too obvious in terms of which to pick in a given tier...but overall it's not bad right now.

Also consider that I think 8.1 will see HUGE class changes. The PTR has been out for weeks now and we haven't seen the proposed changes yet...it's going to be massive if they're waiting this long. I expect a lot of balance, talent changes, azerite, etc.