10+ Year Old Account

Is Fallout 76 multiplayer gonna similar to that of Borderlands 2 or Diablo 3?

Im asking because im worried about the inevitable hacking on PC. Back when Borderlands 2 came out, there was some guy who gave me a bunch of legendaries. IDK how he did it but he was able to make them spawn from the vending machine and while it was glorious, I didn't really have much to earn. This being said, I wasn't opposed to it because I didn't want to be left behind while everyone else got geared.

While in Diablo 3, everything is server side and cant really hack gear like they did in Borderlands 2

So im kinda wondering what the deal is with 76. If its gonna be similar to Borderlands 2 multiplayer and hacking is possible, ill just stick to the console version... If its gonna be 100% server side, ill be on PC.

Thank you for your time.

Deleted
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ead-Fallout-76

Read through the OP. You'll find all kinds of information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ead-Fallout-76

Read through the OP. You'll find all kinds of information.
    I did, and none of the links, videos and articles answer my question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    76 will launch on official dedicated servers hosted by Bethesda, after some time they will launch private server hostings (allegedly).

I don't think data will be hosted by the Client. Which is why hacking was prominent in borderlands 2
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2018-10-10 at 04:25 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    That's curious, since through the OP of that thread you'll basically have access to all the information about the game (especially seeing as though it leads you to the subreddit as well), and so if you're asking how the multiplayer server system works in Fallout 76, and I do know that information, and I collected those links and videos into that thread, and thus I must have seen that information in one of those links or videos, then you did not watch all the videos and read through all the threads, or you didn't pay attention. Plus, had you done that, you most likely wouldn't have created a brand new thread when the megathread was like the freshest thread on the forum. Plus, since there are megathreads, extraneous threads such as this one will just get locked.

In any case, there are no servers as such. Bethesda runs a server pool, you go online, you don't pick a server, you are automatically placed somewhere, or you join your friends through a friend list. Characters are obviously saved online, so they can't be edited. Private servers won't come until November 2019 in the earliest, although they are planned, as is modding.

Will there be hacks? Of course. Obviously. There are always hacks. However, session data is saved on the servers, so modifying that through hacks will be more of a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    76 will launch on official dedicated servers hosted by Bethesda, after some time they will launch private server hostings (allegedly).

I don't think data will be hosted by the Client. Which is why hacking was prominent in borderlands 2
    Thank you for a proper reply. Will be playing this on PC.

Much appreciated.